NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

So Phoenix already matched Ayton's contract.
They matched that quickly.. 4 years/133 max offer sheet (think I saw that was the highest offer sheet ever). That puts the Suns $15 million into the luxury tax.

Over the past 10 months, the Suns spent $447 million...
$133 mil- Ayton
$224 mil- Booker
$90 mil- Bridges

They matched that quickly.. 4 years/133 max offer sheet (think I saw that was the highest offer sheet ever). That puts the Suns $15 million into the luxury tax.

Over the past 10 months, the Suns spent $447 million...
$133 mil- Ayton
$224 mil- Booker
$90 mil- Bridges

Someone on twitter I saw pointed out this probably means you can get a good deal on trading for Cam Johnson before the deadline to lower that tax bill

We need to get rid of Randle. If it’s Brunson, Mitchell and Randle, that is going to be awful offense.

And RJ! And a center who is always near the bucket!

Randle really does need to go. Brunson thrived playing in an offense with all shooting. RJ is a driver, he is going to need the paint open. It's going to be very awkward

Someone on twitter I saw pointed out this probably means you can get a good deal on trading for Cam Johnson before the deadline to lower that tax bill

And RJ! And a center who is always near the bucket!

Randle really does need to go. Brunson thrived playing in an offense with all shooting. RJ is a driver, he is going to need the paint open. It's going to be very awkward

The haul that’s being rumored should be for KD if we’re going that nuts.

Im so lukewarm on Mitchell, but I guess it makes us decent, but not great.

So the Suns matched in order to trade him down the road? I don't get the love affair for Ayton's game but - and I can't believe I"m typing this - I guess a few years from now 33 million per won't look that expensive.

The haul that’s being rumored should be for KD if we’re going that nuts.

Im so lukewarm on Mitchell, but I guess it makes us decent, but not great.

Yeah I was saying to my friend they should take whatever they're offering for Mitchell and basically offer it for every other star in the league, just to see. I can't imagine Brooklyn wants to send him to NY though.

So the Suns matched in order to trade him down the road? I don't get the love affair for Ayton's game but - and I can't believe I"m typing this - I guess a few years from now 33 million per won't look that expensive.

Tough spot for them, there seemed to be a rift between Ayton and at least the coaching staff in the playoffs. They didn't get an extension done before last year. But you're a really good team, you can't just let the guy walk and get nothing in return. So it's prob gonna be awkward for a little bit. At least when they look to trade him now, they have a lot more options for where to send him.

This would be insane. We would giving all that up to start two 6'1" guards.

I'm torn between 2 thoughts here

1) The NBA media (for lack of a better term) is seemingly really trying to talk into existence the Knicks giving up just this complete massive haul for Mitchell. I'm sure if/when they trade for him it will be a lot, but stuff like all of their young guys and 6 firsts seems outrageous to me. But on the other hand
2) it is the Knicks.

I'm torn between 2 thoughts here

1) The NBA media (for lack of a better term) is seemingly really trying to talk into existence the Knicks giving up just this complete massive haul for Mitchell. I'm sure if/when they trade for him it will be a lot, but stuff like all of their young guys and 6 firsts seems outrageous to me. But on the other hand
2) it is the Knicks.

It’s literally the Gobert trade+. That trade really messed the market.

I'm just going to assume that something works out between the Knicks and Jazz.

Next Jazz domino to drop - I think they send Conley and Bojan to the Lakers for Westbrook (who they'll buy out), filler, and the Lakers unprotected picks.

We need to get rid of Randle. If it’s Brunson, Mitchell and Randle, that is going to be awful offense.
Randle will be in constant conflict with a Brunson - Mitchell backcourt. He likes to dominate the ball and take too many perimeter shots. But he's not going anywhere. At least not for this coming season. That contract is an albatross nobody will take.

The Knicks are too desperate so they're going to get fleeced. And Ainge is just the perfect guy to do it.
In 2 years when Toppin and Grimes are all stars and the Knicks gave up 3-4 of their own unprotected 1st rounders the hoop pundits will be skewering the Knicks for this trade. I still can't get over how the Knicks passed on drafting Mitchell, who they should have taken, and could have avoided all this. Very likely they will be left with no quality young depth after this. Rumors this a.m. are deal would include Toppin, Quickley, Grimes and McBride and 5 1st round picks. And with little to no draft capital how do they improve or add any quality depth other than journeymen scrubs?

The Knicks are too desperate so they're going to get fleeced. And Ainge is just the perfect guy to do it.
In 2 years when Toppin and Grimes are all stars and the Knicks gave up 3-4 of their own unprotected 1st rounders the hoop pundits will be skewering the Knicks for this trade. I still can't get over how the Knicks passed on drafting Mitchell, who they should have taken, and could have avoided all this. Very likely they will be left with no quality young depth after this. Rumors this a.m. are deal would include Toppin, Quickley, Grimes and McBride and 5 1st round picks. And with little to no draft capital how do they improve or add any quality depth other than journeymen scrubs?

It's quite a time to be a fan when Phil Jackson and Dave Gettleman are running your teams...

Maybe?

I really don't know.

Seems like the Pacers have always had a weird relationship with Turner.
I expected Turner to blossom into an all star, but it hasn’t quite happened. He seems to have all the tools, but seems to put up 12 and 7 every year. He does block shots.

Randle will be in constant conflict with a Brunson - Mitchell backcourt. He likes to dominate the ball and take too many perimeter shots. But he's not going anywhere. At least not for this coming season. That contract is an albatross nobody will take.

I wouldn’t call Randle’s contract an albatross. It barely cracks the top 50 in average annual salary. I know it’s a big if, since it appears to be an anomaly, but if he can return to close to 20/21 form, that’s a great contract.

Interesting choice, size, and placement of what looks like his only tattoo...
Full disclaimer: I am not a tattoo expert.

I wouldn’t call Randle’s contract an albatross. It barely cracks the top 50 in average annual salary. I know it’s a big if, since it appears to be an anomaly, but if he can return to close to 20/21 form, that’s a great contract.
It's highly likely the anomaly is Randle's one good season.

I was trying to come up with a package with my buddy that would A) not make me want to kill myself and B) I could talk myself into Utah accepting I was thinking something like 2 of IQ/Obi/Grimey, 1 of the protected ones they have coming in and 2 knicks ones. Plus Fournier or whatever to get the salaries.

I don’t think Utah accepts that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom