NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 227 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Will Curry be the last superstar to play his entire career with one team?

I despise how stars are expected to ring chase and team hop now, when that used to be frowned upon.
There’s still a few who could have a chance at doing it. Giannis, Embiid, Luka, Tatum, Jokic…

You posted the info awhile ago, but I’m just now seeing it.

They need to take these stupid post monitoring delays off, smh.
God forbid I mention Ashanti and someone sees the post in the five minutes before it’s deleted.

Laker fan saying this? :(
Lakers have kinda done it every which way, as far as their greats go, though obviously much has changed recently.

There’s a reason everyone says the greatest Laker is either Magic or Kobe though, even though there’s a few other Laker players you could at least make an argument for as being better players.

You think the Bucks eventually lose Giannis?
Man….will be interesting. If in the coming years they run the franchise poorly and he’s a lone wolf out there getting bumped early in the playoffs with no help?

God forbid I mention Ashanti and someone sees the post in the five minutes before it’s deleted.
I read here that Ashanti recently performed at Sharkey’s in Liverpool, which is kinda crazy to me…that seems far beneath her. But she is now intertwined in the fabric of Syracuse as far as I’m concerned, and should be mentioned whenever we see fit.

Man….will be interesting. If in the coming years they run the franchise poorly and he’s a lone wolf out there getting bumped early in the playoffs with no help?
The entire team becomes free agents in 2 years, including Giannis. The team around him is either gonna look a lot different soon or the rebuild will begin with a clear book.

I hope he stays but I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. Feels like the Bucks have done the best they could though; and if he’s willing to stay they can try to sell one or two stars on joining him in sunny Milwaukee.

Reaves gets 4-56. Russell gets 2-37.

Two very reasonable deals to bring those guys back, I’m very happy.

Def dodged a bullet with no one giving Reaves an offer sheet
I read that the Lakers would’ve matched and made it clear to everyone that if they signed him to an offer sheet, the Lakers would wait until the last day before matching so it would tie up that team’s money that signed him.

Kinda dumb that the rules allow you to wait on matching like that, but a good play if you can pull it off I guess.

I read that the Lakers would’ve matched and made it clear to everyone that if they signed him to an offer sheet, the Lakers would wait until the last day before matching so it would tie up that team’s money that signed him.

Kinda dumb that the rules allow you to wait on matching like that, but a good play if you can pull it off I guess.

The offer sheet period is down to a day now I think, and its supposed to be illegal to let teams know ahead of time you're going to match any offer. But you know how that goes.

To be clear, he wasn't going anywhere, but if someone made him a huge offer sheet the salary in year 3 and 4 (though I think he has a player option in year 4 so he's going to be making a ton then anyway) would go way up

Russ just signed a 2 year, $7.8 million deal with the Clippers.

This reminds me of the opening scene of the movie Blank Check where all the wealthier kids are getting hundreds of tickets for rides at the amusement park and Preston gets like 5 tickets.

It’s as if they think you HAVE to spend up to the cap

You have to spend up to 90% by the start of training camp with the new CBA. (may be softer enforcement of that this season, but my point remains)

This reminds me of the opening scene of the movie Blank Check where all the wealthier kids are getting hundreds of tickets for rides at the amusement park and Preston gets like 5 tickets.
I'm sorry, you can't just casually drop a Blank Check reference like that.

Also, for some reason I've never understood in middle school we went on a field trip to see that movie. No idea why. There was no instructional purpose that I can tell. Didn't cost anything, everyone went, had to get permission slips and everyone got loaded on the bus.

So weird.

Pretty pumped about DDV

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. The Knicks desperately need shooting and it seems to me as though they just signed a more expensive Quentin Grimes. So the Knicks now have Brunson, Hart, Grimes, Quickley and DiVincenzo. Who is the odd man out? Maybe we trade one of them for a bag of balls.

LOL. He’ll get paid next year. It’s the same deal they made with Batum and Reggie Jackson.

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. The Knicks desperately need shooting and it seems to me as though they just signed a more expensive Quentin Grimes. So the Knicks now have Brunson, Hart, Grimes, Quickley and DiVincenzo. Who is the odd man out? Maybe we trade one of them for a bag of balls.

Serious. He's good.

Not sure how they're gonna handle the backup 4 situation, if they just roll with Hart/RJ there all the time (unlikely) or make some kind of a trade for someone like OG.

I'm sorry, you can't just casually drop a Blank Check reference like that.

Also, for some reason I've never understood in middle school we went on a field trip to see that movie. No idea why. There was no instructional purpose that I can tell. Didn't cost anything, everyone went, had to get permission slips and everyone got loaded on the bus.

So weird.
A lot of weird things about that movie.

-where in God’s name are this kids parents? They go from strict to deadbeat in the blink of an eye.
-Preston spends way more than $1 million
-that woman detective at the end literally kisses him on the lips

Serious. He's good.

Not sure how they're gonna handle the backup 4 situation, if they just roll with Hart/RJ there all the time (unlikely) or make some kind of a trade for someone like OG.

I just don’t think he’s that much better than Grimes and definitely not better than Quickley (6th man runner up Quickley, not whatever the hell playoff Quickley was). So in my mind, he’s the 4th (or 5th guard, depending on where Hart gets slotted in) on the depth chart. Just doesn’t really address a need. Strikes me as an odd, unnecessary signing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom