NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 229 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

and then tried to get better.

I think the Lakers are in a group with a few teams behind Denver, who is the clear favorite to come out of the west next year. (Though i am not in love with them using their TPMLE to bring back Reggie Jackson) If they get to the playoffs and Lebron and AD are healthy (huge if!) then they have a serious shot of winning the west.
We’ll see.

Donte D is a real nice player no doubt. But his addition will take minutes away from Quickley. Last year IQ was getting about 12-13 MPG backing up Brunson at PG and another 15 minutes at SG backing up Grimes. Have to believe those SG minutes are now directed to Donte plus some more he gets from reducing Grimes a little. How do you justify paying Quickley big $ if he's going to play fewer minutes? The back court is too crowded so something is going to happen.

I’m also not sure how you justify having the runner up 6th man of the year losing minutes next year to DiVincenzo. I suppose these problems all stem from Thibs’ dogsh-t rotations that result in bench players being severely underutilized.

I’m sure Quickley does have starter aspirations (as most top 6th men do, especially young guys), so you’re right in that there’s no way you can justify paying him the big money that I’m sure he wants in order to just be a backup.

If the season started tomorrow (i am told it doesnt, still checking on this) the backup 4 is Hart. I think that is fine in spots, but I don't love the idea of going into the season with that as the plan. If Randle misses any time you run into some serious issues. But if you're going to have redundancies anywhere, you want it to be with versatile wings who can shoot.

I think there's a consolidation trade coming. The Paul George thing probably isn't happening. But if you did something with OG coming in, then I think you can play lineups with him as the 4.

Yeah of course there are likely more moves coming, but I can’t say I trust this organization to make the right ones. We just gave up a young talent who is likely going to play 25+ mpg for the pacers for a couple garbage second round picks.

It’s a bit of a meaningless exercise to begin with. Off the top of my head, I would put the Pacers, Kings, Grizzlies, and Pistons ahead of the Lakers.
The Lakers will probably be better than all of those teams again, though.

Aside from winning it all, the regular season standings are a better indicator.

But you knew that.
Not when we traded for half our guys midseason, and our two best players missed 30 games each.

With our full squad, we put the Grizz over our knee and took the paddle to that ass.

Love this.

I am rooting for the team that tells trade requesting superstar to go screw. I hope more teams follow the Philly blueprint when they waited for a good trade for Simmons.

Not when we traded for half our guys midseason, and our two best players missed 30 games each.

With our full squad, we put the Grizz over our knee and took the paddle to that ass.
The Grizzlies were a mess at that point.

Fun excuses. You are what your record says you are.

The Grizzlies were a mess at that point.

Fun excuses. You are what your record says you are.
Excuses for what? Being one of the best teams in the league in the second half and going to the WCF!?

Bet the Grizz feel great about all those dog days of winter W’s!

Excuses for what? Being one of the best teams in the league in the second half and going to the WCF!?

Bet the Grizz feel great about all those dog days of winter W’s!
You’re usually rational no matter what the topic. Not sure why you get so disingenuous when it comes to the Lakers.

You made a mistake. Own it and move on.

Yeah of course there are likely more moves coming, but I can’t say I trust this organization to make the right ones. We just gave up a young talent who is likely going to play 25+ mpg for the pacers for a couple garbage second round picks.

I know a lot of Knicks fans love Obi, but I really don't see losing him as much of a loss. It was a botched pick from the start (funny he is now playing with the guy a lot of people wanted the Knicks to take over him, Haliburton). Obi had no real role here. He's a much better fit with Indy and he might do decently well with them, but he had no real path to playing time here and I dont think he's all that good anyway.

DDV is a really solid player, he played about 25 minutes a night for the defending champions.

You’re usually rational no matter what the topic. Not sure why you get so disingenuous when it comes to the Lakers.

You made a mistake. Own it and move on.
False. I value the playoffs more than the regular season. I suspect the teams do too.

I know a lot of Knicks fans love Obi, but I really don't see losing him as much of a loss. It was a botched pick from the start (funny he is now playing with the guy a lot of people wanted the Knicks to take over him, Haliburton). Obi had no real role here. He's a much better fit with Indy and he might do decently well with them, but he had no real path to playing time here and I dont think he's all that good anyway.

DDV is a really solid player, he played about 25 minutes a night for the defending champions.

He’s a much better player than the minutes he was allowed to play, which again is on Thibs and his terrible roster management. He very much had a role if Randle didn’t have to play 40 minutes/night. It’s just another in a longggg line of botched draft picks and personnel decisions by the Knicks.

I am rooting for the team that tells trade requesting superstar to go screw. I hope more teams follow the Philly blueprint when they waited for a good trade for Simmons.
Dame has been a loyal superstar for his entire career. He tried harder to win than management. Accommodating him, within reason, is good business.
Simmons is the complete opposite.

Last edited:
He’s a much better player than the minutes he was allowed to play, which again is on Thibs and his terrible roster management. He very much had a role if Randle didn’t have to play 40 minutes/night. It’s just another in a longggg line of botched draft picks and personnel decisions by the Knicks.

Yes what a shame the Knicks played their all NBA player a lot of minutes

False. I value the playoffs more than the regular season. I suspect the teams do too.
Oh, so you believe SU was better than UVA in 2016?

Obi just didn't fit the system that Thibs plays. On a team with an up tempo transition game instead of half court he will look a hell of a lot better and he'll score plenty. Plus he was buried behind Randle and Thibs plays his starters more minutes than most coaches. He'll never be a great defender but he's not terrible either. By mid season everyone will be saying Indiana swindled the Knicks.

When do we switch to the 23-24 season thread?

Separately, so far, I don’t think there will be much seismic change to the top teams:

Celtics, Bucks, Nugs, Suns and maybe the Lakers as the wild card with health. I refuse to add a team with Embiid until he comes thru in the playoffs. I don’t think the Heat make a playoff run. IMO, Dubs are just too old and missed on too many picks. CP3 is old.

I like the DDV move for the Knicks. Ok without Obi. Think we’re prob looking at another round 2, but we’re competent. At some point, we’ll have to take a big swing and have to look hard at Thibs for the longer term. But we’re a competent and competitive team that is easy to root for.

The biggest wild card for me is the Mavs.

Second biggest wild card are the Spurs. People are finally going to see the pieces they got that aren’t half bad.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom