NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 228 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

A lot of weird things about that movie.

-where in God’s name are this kids parents? They go from strict to deadbeat in the blink of an eye.
-Preston spends way more than $1 million
-that woman detective at the end literally kisses him on the lips
Yeah watched it with the kids a year or two ago when we noticed it on the Disney+ catalog and the kiss was a real WTH moment.

Did I miss all the Jay Wright to the Knicks takes? That would be an interesting move if they would overpay for it.

I just don’t think he’s that much better than Grimes and definitely not better than Quickley (6th man runner up Quickley, not whatever the hell playoff Quickley was). So in my mind, he’s the 4th (or 5th guard, depending on where Hart gets slotted in) on the depth chart. Just doesn’t really address a need. Strikes me as an odd, unnecessary signing.
Feels like there’s at least a chance Quickley gets moved but either way, not really a bad thing to have versatile guard/wings like Donte and Hart.

Feels like there’s at least a chance Quickley gets moved but either way, not really a bad thing to have versatile guard/wings like Donte and Hart.

It’s not but who the hell are they running out there at the 4 behind Randle? Cuz it’s currently a dude on a non-guaranteed contract that averaged 4 ppg on the god awful spurs last year. I don’t hate DiVincenzo, I just think he’s a redundant player to what the Knicks currently have on the roster, plus more expensive since Grimes and Quickley are still on rookie deals.

It’s not but who the hell are they running out there at the 4 behind Randle? Cuz it’s currently a dude on a non-guaranteed contract that averaged 4 ppg on the god awful spurs last year. I don’t hate DiVincenzo, I just think he’s a redundant player to what the Knicks currently have on the roster, plus more expensive since Grimes and Quickley are still on rookie deals.
Lot of Jazz fans I know would be thrilled to trade for Quickly, and the Jazz have a ton of forward depth.

Would Olynyk interest you, for example?

If the season started tomorrow (i am told it doesnt, still checking on this) the backup 4 is Hart. I think that is fine in spots, but I don't love the idea of going into the season with that as the plan. If Randle misses any time you run into some serious issues. But if you're going to have redundancies anywhere, you want it to be with versatile wings who can shoot.

I think there's a consolidation trade coming. The Paul George thing probably isn't happening. But if you did something with OG coming in, then I think you can play lineups with him as the 4.

Lot of Jazz fans I know would be thrilled to trade for Quickly, and the Jazz have a ton of forward depth.

Would Olynyk interest you, for example?

I think Quickley is really good (pretend the playoffs didnt happen), but the Knicks will likely have to trade him just based on the fit on the roster (he wants to be paid like a starter, he probably deserves it, but he's blocked by Brunson but I would be very disappointed with that as the return

I think Quickley is really good (pretend the playoffs didnt happen), but the Knicks will likely have to trade him just based on the fit on the roster (he wants to be paid like a starter, he probably deserves it, but he's blocked by Brunson but I would be very disappointed with that as the return
I'm not suggesting Olynyk is all the Knicks get back, at all. I'd imagine there are picks and possibly other players involved. Just moreso if you have guard redundancy and want to get a backup PF, Olynyk could be part of a deal.

I don't think the Knicks will want to pay Quickley.

I think the big loser in this signing is Barrett. I expect you will see a ton of Hart/DDV/Brunson minutes together.

I think the big loser in this signing is Barrett. I expect you will see a ton of Hart/DDV/Brunson minutes together.

Please!

I'm not suggesting Olynyk is all the Knicks get back, at all. I'd imagine there are picks and possibly other players involved. Just moreso if you have guard redundancy and want to get a backup PF, Olynyk could be part of a deal.

I don't think the Knicks will want to pay Quickley.

They need to use IQ as part of a package to bring in a starter. That's how I see it.

Also consider that the Miami model is to develop players so they can benefit from outsized production relative to their cap hit. They had a convergence of guys hit free agency at the same time, and they already saw how the math gets out of whack on Robinson's contract.

Please!

They need to use IQ as part of a package to bring in a starter. That's how I see it.
I am ok with giving up some combo of Grimes, IQ and RJ but the return needs to be a top 5 pick or an all star… otherwise what’s the point? Fwiw I don’t see any of those three as all star players or growing into all star players without significant improvement in their games.

Biggest issue is still Randall… he needs to be on a team where the offense runs through him.

I dont really see this as a fair comp. The Lakers A) didnt really have many other options, and B) were a legit good team after they made over their roster.
They were good, but not legit good.

Right, and there's the Lebron factor. Lakers have to at least try.
Not faulting them for trying. The whole “Lakers won the week” narrative is nonsense, though.

Donte D is a real nice player no doubt. But his addition will take minutes away from Quickley. Last year IQ was getting about 12-13 MPG backing up Brunson at PG and another 15 minutes at SG backing up Grimes. Have to believe those SG minutes are now directed to Donte plus some more he gets from reducing Grimes a little. How do you justify paying Quickley big $ if he's going to play fewer minutes? The back court is too crowded so something is going to happen.

Not faulting them for trying. The whole “Lakers won the week” narrative is nonsense, though.
I haven't made that proclamation, but I do think they've had a good off-season so far.

Who would you say has won the week?

I haven't made that proclamation, but I do think they've had a good off-season so far.

Who would you say has won the week?
It’s a bit of a meaningless exercise to begin with. Off the top of my head, I would put the Pacers, Kings, Grizzlies, and Pistons ahead of the Lakers.

The tweet you posted seemed to fault them for trying though.

The Lakers are good, they were one of the better teams in the league after the all star break (when they made their trades) and they had a good playoff run. It's ok to admit that!

The tweet you posted seemed to fault them for trying though.

The Lakers are good, they were one of the better teams in the league after the all star break (when they made their trades) and they had a good playoff run. It's ok to admit that!
The tweet is saying their accomplishments were fool’s gold. It’s ok to admit that.

The tweet is saying their accomplishments were fool’s gold. It’s ok to admit that.

and then tried to get better.

I think the Lakers are in a group with a few teams behind Denver, who is the clear favorite to come out of the west next year. (Though i am not in love with them using their TPMLE to bring back Reggie Jackson) If they get to the playoffs and Lebron and AD are healthy (huge if!) then they have a serious shot of winning the west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom