NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

So is Melo still legitimately without a team?

He's coming off of a good year. What more could the dude have done? Can we not get him bench minutes on a contender?

So is Melo still legitimately without a team?

He's coming off of a good year. What more could the dude have done? Can we not get him bench minutes on a contender?
He'll find a home. Blake Griffin just signed with the Celtics today and he hasn't done anything remotely close to what Melo has done in years.

He'll find a home. Blake Griffin just signed with the Celtics today and he hasn't done anything remotely close to what Melo has done in years.
Right - assume he’s letting all the smoke clear first and then picking the best situation at this point. Not going to jump the gun and end up…..in another Lakers type flop, sad to say.

Number of Day2 laughing emojis at the Lakers > Number of Lakers ‘Chips > number of beers in a 12 pack > number of Showtime Lakers ‘chips in the 80s > numbers of Magic Johnson MVP’s > number of Kobe Bryant MVPs = number of Shaq MVP’s = number of Nick Van Exel all star berths = number of Hulu Docs on the Lakers = number of Lakers series on HBO >>>>>>>>> number of Clippers chips.

Number of Day2 laughing emojis at the Lakers > Number of Lakers ‘Chips > number of beers in a 12 pack > number of Showtime Lakers ‘chips in the 80s > numbers of Magic Johnson MVP’s > number of Kobe Bryant MVPs = number of Shaq MVP’s = number of Nick Van Exel all star berths = number of Hulu Docs on the Lakers = number of Lakers series on HBO >>>>>>>>> number of Clippers chips.
Number of chips it will take to turn fair weather LA into a Clippers town = 1. Just one. And you know it, too. And you know it’s coming. Enjoy living in the past, cause that’s all you got.

Number of chips it will take to turn fair weather LA into a Clippers town = 1. Just one. And you know it, too. And you know it’s coming. Enjoy living in the past, cause that’s all you got.
Just like when the Anaheim Angels won one it become an Angels town?

The Clippers won’t win, and even if they do you’ll be like their 4th most known fan.

Just like when the Anaheim Angels won one it become an Angels town?

The Clippers won’t win, and even if they do you’ll be like their 4th most known fan.
Everyone jumped on the Angels bandwagon during that postseason. But it’s not the same thing for a variety of reasons.

As far as the Clippers winning it all, it’s only a matter of time. They have the richest owner, one of the best FOs in the league, one of the best head coaches in the league, and a new arena in a few years.

If the Lakers continue to run their operation like a thrift mart, it won’t be hard for fans to move on to another winner.

Everyone jumped on the Angels bandwagon during that postseason. But it’s not the same thing for a variety of reasons.

As far as the Clippers winning it all, it’s only a matter of time. They have the richest owner, one of the best FOs in the league, one of the best head coaches in the league, and a new arena in a few years.

If the Lakers continue to run their operation like a thrift mart, it won’t be hard for fans to move on to another winner.

Man….never. History is already written and Lakers success runs way too deep. Same with the Dodgers. Just like the Yankees and Giants in NY. Mets and Jets have their own fans but they’ll always be #2 in their city.

Man….never. History is already written and Lakers success runs way too deep. Same with the Dodgers. Just like the Yankees and Giants in NY. Mets and Jets have their own fans but they’ll always be #2 in their city.
LOL, it’s nothing like NY. Have you even been to LA? It’s the worst sports town in America.

The situation isn’t like the Dodgers either. The Dodgers are a well-run organization and they’re always in contention. The Angels don’t pose much of a threat.

Since Buss died, the Lakers have the asterisk title and only one other playoff appearance. Jeannie is not her father. She’s cutting corners. Pelinka is a clown. Ham was what, their fifth choice to be head coach? Malik Monk would rather play for Sacramento. Malik Monk.

Face it, the Lakers are on borrowed time. It couldn’t be more obvious.

LOL, it’s nothing like NY. Have you even been to LA? It’s the worst sports town in America.

The situation isn’t like the Dodgers either. The Dodgers are a well-run organization and they’re always in contention. The Angels don’t pose much of a threat.

Since Buss died, the Lakers have the asterisk title and only one other playoff appearance. Jeannie is not her father. She’s cutting corners. Pelinka is a clown. Ham was what, their fifth choice to be head coach? Malik Monk would rather play for Sacramento. Malik Monk.

Face it, the Lakers are on borrowed time. It couldn’t be more obvious.

The ease with which you’re willing to dismiss winning a CHAMPIONSHIP will always be funny to me.

The Lakers are an iconic brand. It’s why they have both a Hulu and HBO series about them on the air right now. Regardless of how bad things get - the instant they have a good team, they become the talk of the sports world.

The Dodgers were a mess for a solid decade post Peter O’Malley. The brand was too big for the Angels to take over, even when they had the better team and better run organization.

The ease with which you’re willing to dismiss winning a CHAMPIONSHIP will always be funny to me.

The Lakers are an iconic brand. It’s why they have both a Hulu and HBO series about them on the air right now. Regardless of how bad things get - the instant they have a good team, they become the talk of the sports world.

The Dodgers were a mess for a solid decade post Peter O’Malley. The brand was too big for the Angels to take over, even when they had the better team and better run organization.
It wasn’t a legitimate championship.

The Lakers have both a Hulu and HBO series because they need the publicity. I worked for a company that produced in-game videos for the Lakers during the Shaq/Kobe days. They were a great client on paper, but in reality they only wanted the bare minimum. They didn’t need anything more than that because they were winning. The Hulu doc in particular is a marketing tool. The organization has not been the same since Buss died and Ballmer is gaining ground.

Better run is not the same as well run. Moreno had an opportunity with the Angels and he blew it. Ballmer is not Moreno. And while the Dodgers eventually found new ownership, the Buss family has no plans to sell the Lakers.

Instead of dwelling on the past and baseball, tell me what the Lakers have going for them right now and in their future. Why are the two draft picks so important?

1664674355482.jpeg

It wasn’t a legitimate championship.
Of course it was. Everyone played by the same rules. The Lakers won.
Their championship is far more legitimate than Toronto's. The Warriors win that easy if they don't have the injuries.

One thing we can rely on, no matter what happens in the future, Day2 will always, always, be obsessed with the Lakers.

Of course it was. Everyone played by the same rules. The Lakers won.
Their championship is far more legitimate than Toronto's. The Warriors win that easy if they don't have the injuries.
Who cares if everyone played by the same rules? They were Mickey Mouse rules.

I’m sorry that Paul George wasn’t mentally tough enough to handle it.
It wouldn’t have been legitimate had the Clippers won. I’m sure you would have been leading the charge, saying they still need to win a real one.

It’s kind of funny how you’re so hung up on the one title, when they’ve won 16 others.

Damian Lillard said the bubble was a joke and how the games were easier without travel and crowds. Shaq and Barkley actually agreed there should be an asterisk.

You haven’t answered my questions, BTW.

It wouldn’t have been legitimate had the Clippers won. I’m sure you would have been leading the charge, saying they still need to win a real one.

It’s kind of funny how you’re so hung up on the one title, when they’ve won 16 others.

Damian Lillard said the bubble was a joke and how the games were easier without travel and crowds. Shaq and Barkley actually agreed there should be an asterisk.

You haven’t answered my questions, BTW.
No way, I don’t have a problem with the Clippers. Why would I?

Shaq and Barkley say lots of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom