NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

It got Patrick Beilein canned at Niagara too. Sounds like they are contemplating at least a full year suspension...

They won't fire him because somebody will hire him in 10 seconds. Fine him and suspend for 10 games and move on. My god

It got Patrick Beilein canned at Niagara too. Sounds like they are contemplating at least a full year suspension...
Beilein situation was not consensual and from what I have read thus far - this relationship was. Year suspension seems long. If they are going to do that they may as well just fire him. Lots of unanswered questions yet too.

Oh, we’re calling a youth league environment extraordinary now?

(I’ll save the “I didn’t realize the Lakers play hockey” counter argument for another thread.)
Actually Lake Superior state lakers have historically been a hockey powerhouse

Apparently substance use led to him assaulting someone.
I am fine with saying that he needs help for his substance issues, end of story he gets help and he comes back when ready. But that is not an excuse for assault. The fact he committed assault is a real problem.

Who we talking about now ?

Never a good situation when you sleep with a staff member.

Especially when you are married to an actress. This probably won't end well.

Assuming it was consensual and what not, nobody’s business . Who cares. between him and his family

I don't get the asterisk. All the teams had the same conditions. None of the World Series winners during WWII have asterisks, even though many of the best players were serving at various times
Not an apples to apples comparison.

Who we talking about now ?

The tweet was removed. Person had bad sources obviously.
I'm going to delete my post that commented based on the tweet, as it appears clear now that Ime Udoka has another issue and not this one.

Why can’t we have nice things?
Nia Long is nice.

1663853924267.png

As a Jazz fan this really makes me cringe. At least if they end up trading for Wesbrook, they will release him. I would have taken more draft picks for Bogie, instead of Olynyk, but maybe GM's won't do it because of the impending end of one and done.

As a Jazz fan this really makes me cringe. At least if they end up trading for Wesbrook, they will release him. I would have taken more draft picks for Bogie, instead of Olynyk, but maybe GM's won't do it because of the impending end of one and done.

Gotta be a cost cutting move.

Even so, I'm surprised they couldn't get a better deal.

Gotta be a cost cutting move.

Even so, I'm surprised they couldn't get a better deal.

Apparently this move gets the Jazz below the luxury tax line (they have alot of $10-$20M contracts) -- guess they wanted to get below the line now, rather than trying to get under it as the season progresses.

Still don't understand how they could not extract minimal draft capital out of it.

Apparently this move gets the Jazz below the luxury tax line (they have alot of $10-$20M contracts) -- guess they wanted to get below the line now, rather than trying to get under it as the season progresses.

Still don't understand how they could not extract minimal draft capital out of it.
Yeah, not even a 2nd rounder?

So with the Celtics being silent on Udokagate, Twitter is running rampant with all the rumors. I won't go into it here, since they are rumors, but some people have very vivid imaginations. Some of the consensus is that Celtics will have a lot of egg on their face when the facts are publicly revealed.

Cheating on Nia Long and shitting where you eat to do so suggests a severe lack of judgement to me.

Not sure I’d want someone like that leading my squad.

And HR. Those rules aren’t suggestions.

I don't disagree but he must have either had a relationship with the wrong woman, multiple women or there is more to the story. I just can't see a year suspension for a workplace romance. Seems excessive in a profession where winning is still valued more than anything, there has to be more to it.

Otherwise I think you would have seen a 15-20 game suspension etc

I don't disagree but he must have either had a relationship with the wrong woman, multiple women or there is more to the story. I just can't see a year suspension for a workplace romance. Seems excessive in a profession where winning is still valued more than anything, there has to be more to it.

Otherwise I think you would have seen a 15-20 game suspension etc
It looks like "officially" that we will never find out. But reading between the lines, it appears that the most plausible explanation is that he was sleeping with two different women connected to the Celtics, was asked to end the relationship(s) and did not. One of the women was married to one of the senior VP's and he pushed for the one-year suspension. Again, this is not official but sounds pretty realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom