NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

It was a cheap shot, but Draymond still folded Poole.

I don’t understand your comment. As if it is some sort of accomplishment that he “folded” someone who wasn’t even defending himself and is much smaller than him.

It's 100% scummy and bully move by Green but once you shove someone, you shouldn't be surprised if they swing on you.
I don’t know . I’ve seen a few hundred basketball fights with shoving where there were zero punches thrown.

And it wasnt as if poole shoved him out of nowhere or as an instigator . He shoved him as a means to create space after the idiot walked up into his chest and left him zero space .

Last edited:
Interesting . Nothing about this video on ESPN. Looks like the NBA has their “partners” under control. Just like they cajoled the media “partners” into buying that the only crooked ref was Tim Donaghy

I don’t understand your comment. As if it is some sort of accomplishment that he “folded” someone who wasn’t even defending himself and is much smaller than him.
I didn’t say that it was an accomplishment. I was simply making an observation.

You okay?

Green is 100% in the wrong, but I don't know if it's a cheapshot after things have already gotten physical. Once the shove happens, fights on, defend yourself at all times.
Green literally walked like 30 feet to instigate the confrontation. What else is Poole supposed to do? Bend a knee?

Poole can literally stab Draymond the next time they’re in the same place, and I won’t blame him.

Tired of that donkey looking, big mouth, no jumper having clown acting like he’s friggin Michael Jordan.

If he got drafted by Memphis, he’d be a psycho Kyle Anderson who talks too much. He ain’t nobody.

Last edited:
Green literally walked like 30 feet to instigate the confrontation. What else is Poole supposed to do? Bend a knee?

Poole can literally stab Draymond the next time they’re in the same place, and I won’t blame him.

Tired of that donkey looking, big mouth, no jumper having clown acting like he’s friggin Michael Jordan.

If he got drafted by Memphis, he’d be a psycho Kyle Anderson who talks too much. He ain’t nobody.

I don't blame Poole at all for pushing him back but you gotta be ready for what comes next when an angry person gets in your face and you put your hands on them regardless of who started it.

If he didn't want to fight he should stood his ground but not reacted and his teammates probably would've separated them. He pretty much did the worst possible, he escalated it and didn't defend himself at all. It looked like he was still looking at his coach when he got hit. You can literally die from a punch like that.

Last edited:
Agreed. This is absolutely 100% Green's fault. Draymond walked over to him and stuck his chest in Poole's face, and Poole simply created space for himself. The idea that Poole should have anticipated his veteran teammate cold-cocking him is insane.

Green is a very good basketball player, but he has been a punk since day one.

I don't blame Poole at all for pushing him back but you gotta be ready for what comes next when an angry person gets in your face and you put your hands on them regardless of who started it.

If he didn't want to fight he should stood his ground but not reacted and his teammates probably would've separated them. He pretty much did the worst possible, he escalated it and didn't defend himself at all. It looked like he was still looking at his coach when he got hit. You can literally die from a punch like that.

So Draymond can both instigate the fight AND throw the first punch? And he’s supposed to be a team leader?

He’s a corny, fake tough guy, fragile ego having ugly dickhead who fricken sucks at basketball beyond setting illegal screens.

I hope his stupid ass gets traded to the Knicks or Pistons or something so everyone can realize how much he actually sucks. Warrior fans acting like he’s some basketball savant who sees the game on a different level. Lol. He sets illegal screens for guys who need to be guarded 40 feet from the hoop and then either passes or puts up a brick when he’s so unguarded that he’s forced to shoot.

And yeah….forgive Jordan Poole for being a professional basketball player and not some idiot tough guy who should’ve known to throw the first punch on his veteran “leader” running up in his face.

Agreed. This is absolutely 100% Green's fault. Draymond walked over to him and stuck his chest in Poole's face, and Poole simply created space for himself. The idea that Poole should have anticipated his veteran teammate cold-cocking him is insane.

Green is a very good basketball player, but he has been a punk since day one.
I think both of these are true-- Green was a key contributor to a dynasty level team. Not sure a player in history fell into a better landing spot than Green did.

I think both of these are true-- Green was a key contributor to a dynasty level team. Not sure a player in history fell into a better landing spot than Green did.
He's an extremely unique player. Almost a hybrid between say Dennis Rodman and Rajon Rondo. He's an average scorer at absolute best (bordering on dreadful at times), but he's an excellent rebounder, passer and defender.

So Draymond can both instigate the fight AND throw the first punch? And he’s supposed to be a team leader?

He’s a corny, fake tough guy, fragile ego having ugly dickhead who fricken sucks at basketball beyond setting illegal screens.

I hope his stupid ass gets traded to the Knicks or Pistons or something so everyone can realize how much he actually sucks. Warrior fans acting like he’s some basketball savant who sees the game on a different level. Lol. He sets illegal screens for guys who need to be guarded 40 feet from the hoop and then either passes or puts up a brick when he’s so unguarded that he’s forced to shoot.

And yeah….forgive Jordan Poole for being a professional basketball player and not some idiot tough guy who should’ve known to throw the first punch on his veteran “leader” running up in his face.
Agreed, you can't be a team leader, or even a good teammate after doing what Green did. And what happened to Poole is not his fault and I'm not saying he should've punched first, either. I'm just saying once he opted to shove him he should've not taken his eyes off him.

To me the unwritten rules of fighting are simple. If you have beef with someone you get in their face and talk . This is the offer phase. Throwing a punch in the offer phase is "cheap" UNTIL someone does a push. You accept the offer by pushing. At that point, it's on, and the punching begins.

He's an extremely unique player. Almost a hybrid between say Dennis Rodman and Rajon Rondo. He's an average scorer at absolute best (bordering on dreadful at times), but he's an excellent rebounder, passer and defender.
Eh.

Nowhere near Rodman at defending and especially rebounding.

And nowhere near Rajon Rondo, Sherm Douglas, Mark Jackson, Eric Snow…or any other PG that could pass that played straight up defenses.

Steph drags people to damn near half court or draws doubles. Any hambone that’s big and dirty enough to set those screens that could competently run a 3 on 2, 2 on 1 could make those 4 on 3 passes.

Agreed, you can't be a team leader, or even a good teammate after doing what Green did. And what happened to Poole is not his fault and I'm not saying he should've punched first, either. I'm just saying once he opted to shove him he should've not taken his eyes off him.

To me the unwritten rules of fighting are simple. If you have beef with someone you get in their face and talk . This is the offer phase. Throwing a punch in the offer phase is "cheap" UNTIL someone does a push. You accept the offer by pushing. At that point, it's on, and the punching begins.
So Poole’s crime is that he’s not a good enough and savvy enough fighter? At work? With a team leader?

Not like he was on the street here.

Who is really expecting their own teammate of multiple years to swing on him like that? Especially a supposed untouchable team leader?

Everything okay tonight OrangeDW ?
Draymond sucks at basketball, is incredibly overrated, corny, a bitch, and a terrible team leader, and a coward….he both started the confrontation and threw a punch knowing the whole thing would be broken up instantly and that Poole wouldn’t be able to respond.

He’s a bitch, and I hope he blows his ACL tomorrow.

Last edited:
So Poole’s crime is that he’s not a good enough and savvy enough fighter? At work? With a team leader?

Not like he was on the street here.

Who is really expecting their own teammate of multiple years to swing on him like that? Especially a supposed untouchable team leader?

Nobody should get beat up at work, but as I mentioned in one of my other posts, for some reason there is a general understanding that fist fights in the context of sports are legally permissible, at least in this country. I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but I'm genuinely curious now.

Once someone irrately gets in your face (as you said crossing a distance of 30 feet to do so) you should be expecting trouble and prepared to defend yourself, regardless of context. That's all I'm saying.

Nobody should get beat up at work, but as I mentioned in one of my other posts, for some reason there is a general understanding that fist fights in the context of sports are legally permissible, at least in this country. I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but I'm genuinely curious now.

Once someone irrately gets in your face (as you said crossing a distance of 30 feet to do so) you should be expecting trouble and prepared to defend yourself, regardless of context. That's all I'm saying.

So basically Poole isn’t a savvy fighter when a franchise “icon” and supposed team leader is spazzing on him.

Fine.

-1 for him, and -1,000,000 for Draymond.

Unless Poole said something about Draymond’s kids or about smashing his wife, then Draymond was 1,000% in the wrong here.

I didn’t say that it was an accomplishment. I was simply making an observation.

You okay?
You know you meant it as a compliment and are now backing away from it as you see nobody else sees it that way. Not hard to knock someone down with a punch to the head when they aren’t actually in a defensive pose or expecting anything close to that over-reaction.

You can get away with being a dickhead bully when you average 35.
every incident has its own details. I don’t care how hard anyone punches anyone if it’s a legit fight and not just one guy not expecting anything with his arms by his side and the other guy going full force. You should have more respect for your teammate especially since he was a major part of putting another ring on your finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom