NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Couple reasons
1. You said it
2. Not greatly outsizing his opponent
That, and not having the power dynamic on his side to the point where he felt comfortable initiating a fight and sneak punching in a safe and controlled environment.

He wouldn’t fight anybody on the planet “outside”.

That, and not having the power dynamic on his side to the point where he felt comfortable initiating a fight and sneak punching in a safe and controlled environment.

He wouldn’t fight anybody on the planet “outside”.
As far as Poole goes, if I’m him, and I basically have become a meme for getting punked, I’m starting a fight everyday in practice with DG until the gutless warriors from office / owner gets rid of DG or trade Poole. The status quo would not be acceptable, at least to me. I couldn’t respect myself just accepting an apology and moving on.

As far as Poole goes, if I’m him, and I basically have become a meme for getting punked, I’m starting a fight everyday in practice with DG until the gutless warriors from office / owner gets rid of DG or trade Poole. The status quo would not be acceptable, at least to me. I couldn’t respect myself just accepting an apology and moving on.
I think there is something to this. Poole needs the punishment to be made very public at the least. I too would have a hard time just moving on.

Eh.

Nowhere near Rodman at defending and especially rebounding.

And nowhere near Rajon Rondo, Sherm Douglas, Mark Jackson, Eric Snow…or any other PG that could pass that played straight up defenses.

Steph drags people to damn near half court or draws doubles. Any hambone that’s big and dirty enough to set those screens that could competently run a 3 on 2, 2 on 1 could make those 4 on 3 passes.
Greene is a great player on his team . In a different situation he might have become a different player.
He is the glue for that team and does the things others can't do. They are .500 without him, at best. Warriors on a slump without Draymond Green

Greene is a great player on his team . In a different situation he might have become a different player.
He is the glue for that team and does the things others can't do. They are .500 without him, at best. Warriors on a slump without Draymond Green
He’s the perfect fish to eat off of the shark Curry, just like Bania was the fish eating off Jerry’s(the shark) laughs. On his own, he’s a total hack though.

If Kuminga or Wiseman are any good Draymond will be expendable here quite soon.
They are. Wiseman has to stay healthy though. Warriors amidst a dynasty run had the perfect tank when curry missed the entire year.

They are. Wiseman has to stay healthy though. Warriors amidst a dynasty run had the perfect tank when curry missed the entire year.
Not exactly the same, but brings to mind when the perennial 50-60 win team Spurs had a tank year when David Robinson got hurt, and were able to get Duncan.

He’s the perfect fish to eat off of the shark Curry, just like Bania was the fish eating off Jerry’s(the shark) laughs. On his own, he’s a total hack though.
Great teams are precise pieces.

I think that’s a false narrative that Jordan is applauded for hitting Kerr - it’s pretty well established that Jordan was a jerk.

Back then it wasn’t as well known because some organizational snitch didn’t record it and put it out to the world, so the instant outrage didn’t happen.

Teams will put up with guys that are worth the trouble.

Draymond’s getting older and he’s not nearly as important as he seemingly thinks he is.

He could find himself averaging 4.9 ppg 6 boards and 4 assists on 36% shooting on a 33-49 team soon, if he’s not careful.

You know you meant it as a compliment and are now backing away from it as you see nobody else sees it that way. Not hard to knock someone down with a punch to the head when they aren’t actually in a defensive pose or expecting anything close to that over-reaction.
You took a whole lot out of a sentence.

I think that’s a false narrative that Jordan is applauded for hitting Kerr - it’s pretty well established that Jordan was a jerk.

Back then it wasn’t as well known because some organizational snitch didn’t record it and put it out to the world, so the instant outrage didn’t happen.

Teams will put up with guys that are worth the trouble.

Draymond’s getting older and he’s not nearly as important as he seemingly thinks he is.

He could find himself averaging 4.9 ppg 6 boards and 4 assists on 36% shooting on a 33-49 team soon, if he’s not careful.
Yeah everyone gets that Jordan was frequently awful to his teammates. It's a part of his legacy.

That gets overshadowed by the mythology though around his greatness.

Draymond, uh... there ain't no greatness to mythologize.

Yeah, exactly. I have never, not even once, heard anyone describe Jordan hitting Kerr as "great leadership."

E: And in general, I don't think many people talk about Jordan as a great leader. If anything, he's described as a toxic leader but an insanely intense competitor.

Yeah, exactly. I have never, not even once, heard anyone describe Jordan hitting Kerr as "great leadership."

E: And in general, I don't think many people talk about Jordan as a great leader. If anything, he's described as a toxic leader but an insanely intense competitor.
Yup. Insanely intense competitor who was able to channel it all into fuel, incredible player, clutch, and flat out winner who could carry a team like nobody else. He certainly made certain teammates who could handle it all, better players IMO.

But yeah, he was far from perfect and his flaws as a person and how he treated people are well documented now.

I don’t understand why Draymond isn’t facing assault charges. Do our criminal laws somehow not apply to basketball practices?
Has the victim asked that charges be filed?

Does he have to? I’m not sure how it works in California.

As a general rule, victim participation is just one of many factors the DAs consider in whether or not to bring charges. Even if Poole said he didn't want them to, the DA could still prosecute. It would be like if nobody in family liked me and I got murdered. Even if my family was like "nah, we're cool" that doesn't mean there will be no charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom