NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Does he have to? I’m not sure how it works in California.
IDK. Just asking. Sometimes if no one calls the police, they might just have better things to do.

I don’t understand why Draymond isn’t facing assault charges. Do our criminal laws somehow not apply to basketball practices?
Yeah, the athletes that are saying this happens more than you think, this just seems bad because video came out... that's a problem! That's not ok! That means it's tolerated! The law doesn't tolerate grown ass men punching people without really, really good reason!

Warriors seem more concerned about who leaked the video than the cheap shot.

Draymond has been protected bc Steph was cool with him. Now he’s exposed. Steph and Dre have Poole’s back.

He’s older and basically on his last legs and looking for a legacy payout that GSW ain’t going to give him.

If im GSW, im 100% trying to nab KD if the Nets start is bumpy. If he’s not there, they may be able to do a three way with Indy and LA to get Myles Turner.

Draymond’s value is so much lower on other teams than it is on GSW.

I mean, the dubs aren’t paying his asking price. The dubs may have leaked it on purpose.
I love NBA conspiracy theories!

But, yeah... GSW leadership is loaded with tech bros.

They're not above doing this kind of stuff.

Does he have to? I’m not sure how it works in California.
Jim Brown was still charged after his girlfriend (wife?) recanted, although in that case there was also destruction of property involved.

Not to mention a need to “prevent the next OJ.”

In her prior job, my wife worked with a number of pro athletes - mostly NBA players. Draymond was one of those guys and she said he was by far the worst to work with. No one was even a close second. Just a total selfish, ahole dickhead. His contract with them was terminated well before the end.

I had to bite my tongue after it ended because when they were negotiating with him, I told her it was a bad idea and it was likely going to work out poorly.

If the NBA doesn’t find a way to do away with “shutdown candidates”, I’m probably going to completely lose interest.

It’s the scrubbiest thing I’ve ever seen, and makes a mockery of the game.

If the NBA doesn’t find a way to do away with “shutdown candidates”, I’m probably going to completely lose interest.

Question Mark Idk GIF by US National Archives

What is a shutdown candidate?
I must have missed something.

What is a shutdown candidate?
I must have missed something.
Well…when a good player on a bad team is referred to as a “shutdown candidate”.

Sometimes, before the season even starts. See what the OKC Thunder do every year.

Sick of it. Teams used to maybe do that the last game or two.

Not the last month or two.

Sometimes, before the season even starts. See what the OKC Thunder do every year.

Basically SGA.
Yes, its a joke.

I thought you were talking about a shutdown defender who sucks offensively, and it didn't make sense.

Basically SGA.
Yes, its a joke.

I thought you were talking about a shutdown defender who sucks offensively, and it didn't make sense.
Ha, my bad. Post inspired by doing a fantasy draft and reading in damn October that LaMelo Ball may end up being a “shutdown candidate” because they lost Bridges and might be bad this year.

Season hasn’t even started!

* I drafted him anyway, and will probably revisit this rant if they “shut him down” in March.

Similar thoughts with players resting in general. Was looking at which Wizards games I want to go to this year and I circled the matchup against Dallas so I could see Luka in person…looked at Dallas’ schedule and saw it’s the second night of a back to back so I immediately crossed it off the list because it feels like Luka almost certainly won’t play. It’s so lame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom