NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He’s gotta go before the snow.

Reserving judgement. I don’t care about all that show, performative BS. If he’s not feeling it, he’s not feeling it.

Those stupid ass Bobby Hurley Duke huddle ups between whistles do nothing for me either. My high school teams never did that, and I would’ve told everybody(who were all basically my childhood best friends) to knock it off if they tried to put on a big show summoning one of those to make it look like you’re being a leader for the people watching(nothing substantial is ever said in those). In other words, calm down Bev…it’s preseason and you’re not saying a damn thing that matters right now. You’re just trying to look like a pressed ass leader.

I’m waiting to see how he hoops. And how he is in the locker room is how he is in the locker room….none of us know at this point.

Last edited:

Yes, Ben. Yes, we do.
I mean….I agree to a point. And that point is, you let your nuts hang and shoot the ball when you’re wide open and the situation dictates it(shotclock running low or in perfect rhythm on the perimeter or…you know….catching the ball 2 feet from the rim).

Ben has been SUCH a weirdo about shooting the ball, that he’s got people paying attention to this stupid stuff. Just play normal basketball and nobody would care about this…he’d just be a regular subpar outside shooter.

Reserving judgement. I don’t care about all that show, performative BS. If he’s not feeling it, he’s not feeling it.

Those stupid ass Bobby Hurley ass Duke ass huddle ups between whistles do nothing for me either. My high school teams never did that, and I would’ve told everybody(who were all basically my childhood best friends) to eat a dick if they tried to put on a big show summoning one of those to make it look like you’re being a leader for the people watching(nothing substantial is ever said in those). In other words, calm down Bev…it’s preseason and you’re not saying a damn thing that matters right now. You’re just trying to look like a pressed ass leader.

I’m waiting to see how he hoops. And how he is in the locker room is how he is in the locker room….none of us know at this point.
True story . The year was 1992. It was year 1 of the fab 5 in Ann Arbor. I was a sophomore.

As it so happened, Michigan point guard Michael Talley was in my Afro history class discussion group. We were not fast friends or anything, but stop and chat level. What’s up ? how’s it going ?.. etc etc if crossing paths on the Diag.

So this Duke / Michigan game was a huge saturday affair. Four frosh and Talley starting. I got to Chrysler early and got seats close to the floor. I saw Michael warning up before game time and I asked him “you aren’t going to let these punks come in here and beat us are you ?”

He replies with a “Hurley is going to be on lock, not gonna do **** against me”

Long story short, we blow the OT lead and Hurley torched the crap out of us, abusing Talley. Talley loses his starting job and all 5 freshman start

EDIT: it was a December game so it was still 1991 .

Last edited:

Those stupid ass Bobby Hurley ass Duke ass huddle ups between whistles do nothing for me either. My high school teams never did that, and I would’ve told everybody(who were all basically my childhood best friends) to eat a dick if they tried to put on a big show summoning one of those to make it look like you’re being a leader for the people watching(nothing substantial is ever said in those). In other words, calm down Bev…it’s preseason and you’re not saying a damn thing that matters right now. You’re just trying to look like a pressed ass leader.

You are correct, sir.

Last edited:
True story . The year was 1992. It was year 1 of the fab 5 in Ann Arbor. I was a sophomore.

As it so happened, Michigan point guard Michael Talley was in my Afro history class discussion group. We were not fast friends or anything, but stop and chat level. What’s up ? how’s it going ?.. etc etc if crossing paths on the Diag.

So this Duke / Michigan game was a huge saturday affair. Four frosh and Talley starting. I got to Chrysler early and got seats close to the floor. I saw Michael warning up before game time and I asked him “you aren’t going to let these punks come in here and beat us are you ?”

He replies with a “Hurley is going to be on lock, not gonna do **** against me”

Long story short, we blow the OT lead and Hurley torched the crap out of us, several times abusing Tally

Haha, I very vividly remember watching that game and rooting hard for Michigan. Was like 9-10 Years old. Remember my dad and his friend talking about “this Rose kid can really play”. Lol. I think a lot of people don’t remember that Jalen actually led that team in scoring, and not Webber that freshman year. But yeah, Duke always beat them but that particular game was a great game and very memorable.

You are correct, sir.

Love it. Twitter runs with dumb stuff that doesn’t matter, all the time.

It will be interesting to see how Russ adapts his game as a role player. Iverson “couldn’t do it.” Melo “couldn’t do it….until he could”.

Russ could probably still put up absurd fantasy numbers if he was on a team where he was the guy. LeBron is in the way of a lot of that, but the easy narrative that he’s suddenly complete trash…cmon. I’d love to see him find his niche on this team and shut these number crunching geeks up, just like Carmelo did…and the same way Iverson would’ve too if he got the right chance.

It will be interesting to see how Russ adapts his game as a role player. Iverson “couldn’t do it.” Melo “couldn’t do it….until he could”.

Russ could probably still put up absurd fantasy numbers if he was on a team where he was the guy. LeBron is in the way of a lot of that, but the easy narrative that he’s suddenly complete trash…cmon. I’d love to see him find his niche on this team and shut these number crunching geeks up, just like Carmelo did…and the same way Iverson would’ve too if he got the right chance.

Haha, I very vividly remember watching that game and rooting hard for Michigan. Was like 9-10 Years old. Remember my dad and his friend talking about “this Rose kid can really play”. Lol. I think a lot of people don’t remember that Jalen actually led that team in scoring, and not Webber that freshman year. But yeah, Duke always beat them but that particular game was a great game and very memorable.
Michigan was not expected to be able to hang with Duke that early in the Fab Five's development. I was just hoping for a close game. At one point we got up four i think late in regulation and my friend says to me "ITS OVER." I knew then, it was going to end poorly.

People forget how great a player Hurley was. There is a video on the dream team when they discuss the college kids beating them in their first scrimmage. One of the players said that Hurley absolutely destroyed everyone who guarded him.

I like this a lot.

I dunno. I kinda think Russ is just pretty much awful at this point. One thing I will give him, the guy is really durable. Was just checking his bbref page (once you remember 20 and 21 werent full seasons) you see he rarely misses games.

A bad team (OKC???) should trade for him and just play him 35 MPG and let him run the show. Just to see what the numbers would look like.

On the Fab 5 stuff

Anyone ever read the Fab 5 book by Mitch Albom? I remember reading it when I was like 14. I LOVED that book. Wonder how it holds up...

I dunno. I kinda think Russ is just pretty much awful at this point. One thing I will give him, the guy is really durable. Was just checking his bbref page (once you remember 20 and 21 werent full seasons) you see he rarely misses games.

A bad team (OKC???) should trade for him and just play him 35 MPG and let him run the show. Just to see what the numbers would look like.

Take Conley, Beasley, whatever salary is needed and give the Jazz Westbrook and an unprotected pick. Westbrook either hates life as an ideal tank commander, or gets cut and somebody takes a chance.

Take Conley, Beasley, whatever salary is needed and give the Jazz Westbrook and an unprotected pick. Westbrook either hates life as an ideal tank commander, or gets cut and somebody takes a chance.

He would be such a great tank commander do; if I was Utah I might be inclined to do what i said and just play him a ton and see how many games you can lose. (As opposed to buying him out)

If I was LA and Lebron was a few years younger I might want to just let the Russ deal come off the books next season and see what you can do with the cap space. But every year is so important considering his age maybe you have to trade him at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom