NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

You mean like the issue of Spida never passing to Rudy? So last night Rudy played 32 minutes with only one FG attempt in a loss to Phoenix. So I guess that issue continues.
That's an issue, I was thinking more about just the roster construction.

You looking for a bandwagon to hop on? ;)
We just slapped the Nuggets around which brought back fond memories of defeating them in the 2020 WCF en route to a championship….

th
Games were played and the best team all year long won….

The season’s just starting, but it looks like Cole Swider may be spending some time in the G-League.

Who is this Matt Ryan guy?

The Knicks make me sad...

Who would've thought that just adding Jalen Brunson to the roster in the offseason wouldn't make them an instant contender? RJ looks totally lost out there, and once again, the second unit builds up huge leads only for the first unit to come back in an blow it astonishingly quick.

I'm officially done with Thibs. His rotations suck. His offensive sets are trash. His in-game adjustments are non-existent. This isn't a contender roster, but a 6-8 seed playoff team shouldn't seem like a monumental task. Thibs is a good coach if you're looking to take a 20 win team to a 40 win team. Beyond that, he's nothing.

Who would've thought that just adding Jalen Brunson to the roster in the offseason wouldn't make them an instant contender? RJ looks totally lost out there, and once again, the second unit builds up huge leads only for the first unit to come back in an blow it astonishingly quick.

I'm officially done with Thibs. His rotations suck. His offensive sets are trash. His in-game adjustments are non-existent. This isn't a contender roster, but a 6-8 seed playoff team shouldn't seem like a monumental task. Thibs is a good coach if you're looking to take a 20 win team to a 40 win team. Beyond that, he's nothing.
Did anyone think Brunson was going to clean up this mess by himself? The really screwed up by not getting Mitchell as well. I'm not a Thibs guy either, but too many good teams in the East to think the Knicks could finish in the top four or five. Don't think they are better than Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee, Miami, Cleveland. And throw in the Nets and Sixers if they turn things around and the Knicks could finish in 8th. Did I forget any other teams that could take out the Knicks?

Love this Cavs squad, as a casual observer.
I threw some money down last week at +3000 for them to win it all. Wouldn't be a stretch to call it the best, or at the very least, top three backcourts in the league.

Did anyone think Brunson was going to clean up this mess by himself? The really screwed up by not getting Mitchell as well. I'm not a Thibs guy either, but too many good teams in the East to think the Knicks could finish in the top four or five. Don't think they are better than Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee, Miami, Cleveland. And throw in the Nets and Sixers if they turn things around and the Knicks could finish in 8th. Did I forget any other teams that could take out the Knicks?

Yeah, that's basically the point I was making. The front office did almost nothing in the offseason and Thibs is not a good coach. They don't have the roster talent to be a top 6 seed, but they have enough to not have it seem like it's a monumental task just to get the 8 seed.

Yeah, that's basically the point I was making. The front office did almost nothing in the offseason and Thibs is not a good coach. They don't have the roster talent to be a top 6 seed, but they have enough to not have it seem like it's a monumental task just to get the 8 seed.
And the worst place you can be is finishing around 7th or 8th. You will be mediocre forever. The Nets firing Nash should make it easier for the Knicks to fire Thibs, although if they do what route do they go. Experienced guy like Pitino, Jay Wright or JVG, or some young highly regarded assistant coach.

And the worst place you can be is finishing around 7th or 8th. You will be mediocre forever. The Nets firing Nash should make it easier for the Knicks to fire Thibs, although if they do what route do they go. Experienced guy like Pitino, Jay Wright or JVG, or some young highly regarded assistant coach.

I'm so sick of the retreads. D'Antoni. Woodson. Fisher. Fizdale. Thibs. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK.

Thibs is great when an underperforming roster needs a jolt.

But the diminishing returns hit quickly with him.

I agree the Knicks need a new coach. Definitely part of the problem.

I know he was meh in the second half yesterday, but Obi Toppin being 9th in minutes played is a crime.

Fournier, Barrett and Randle have been terrible. The Barrett extension is going to bite them in the A$$. He's never been an efficient player going back to high school.

I know he was meh in the second half yesterday, but Obi Toppin being 9th in minutes played is a crime.

Fournier, Barrett and Randle have been terrible. The Barrett extension is going to bite them in the A$$. He's never been an efficient player going back to high school.

Yup, Thibs hates him. Pulls him out of the game even if he's the only productive guy on the court because he has to make sure he drives Randle into the ground with his minutes played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom