NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Not great, Spurs:
The response from primo is not good.

JOSH PRIMO STATEMENT

William J. Briggs, II, attorney for Josh Primo, today issued the following statement:

Josh Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges. He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit.

In an act of betrayal against her young client, Dr. Cauthen, who is 40 years old, falsely claims Josh Primo exposed himself to her during the course of her numerous therapy sessions. Dr. Cauthen’s allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy. Josh Primo never intentionally exposed himself to her or anyone else and was not even aware that his private parts were visible outside of his workout shorts.

What makes the allegations even less credible is that Dr. Cauthen never informed her patient of the purported exposure. Dr. Cauthen was Mr. Primo’s mental health support provider and confidant; a therapist who Mr. Primo trusted. She is much older than Mr. Primo, with many years of experience as a sports psychologist. It is baffling why she did not bother to tell her patient that his private parts were visible underneath his shorts

The response from primo is not good.

JOSH PRIMO STATEMENT

William J. Briggs, II, attorney for Josh Primo, today issued the following statement:

Josh Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges. He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit.

In an act of betrayal against her young client, Dr. Cauthen, who is 40 years old, falsely claims Josh Primo exposed himself to her during the course of her numerous therapy sessions. Dr. Cauthen’s allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy. Josh Primo never intentionally exposed himself to her or anyone else and was not even aware that his private parts were visible outside of his workout shorts.

What makes the allegations even less credible is that Dr. Cauthen never informed her patient of the purported exposure. Dr. Cauthen was Mr. Primo’s mental health support provider and confidant; a therapist who Mr. Primo trusted. She is much older than Mr. Primo, with many years of experience as a sports psychologist. It is baffling why she did not bother to tell her patient that his private parts were visible underneath his shorts
That's weird. I guess the ball is in the Spurs court now.

The Knicks make me sad...
47d4915b-8d86-4485-9fbf-86be4789a8cd_text.gif

I understand the criminal/civil process has to run their courses. I get it.

But between this and Kyrie and some of the other BS, this is where David Stern >>>> Adam Silver.

Stern would have ruled swiftly and fiercely. I get that Stern, by the end, had run his course, but man, Silver needs to get this league stabilized.

But between this and Kyrie and some of the other BS, this is where David Stern >>>> Adam Silver.

Stern would have ruled swiftly and fiercely. I get that Stern, by the end, had run his course, but man, Silver needs to get this league stabilized.
Yeah Stern really leaned into being a super villain, but I feel like he wouldn't have allowed things with Kyrie to escalate like this.

That said, Stern never had to deal with 24/7 social media so who knows?

Yeah Stern really leaned into being a super villain, but I feel like he wouldn't have allowed things with Kyrie to escalate like this.

That said, Stern never had to deal with 24/7 social media so who knows?

IMO, what he would have done, is the first high profile player to mess up via social, especially with something like what Kyrie is doing, he would have wrecked them and made an example and set the tone - you want to be an idiot, go ahead, but I'm ruling hard and fast.

I think it would have swayed others to avoid the same choices.

What would you have done differently?

Silver managed to get rid of Donald Sterling and did a solid job handling COVID (which included the response to George Floyd’s murder).

I agree he’s more deliberate than Stern. That can be a positive.

Yup, Thibs hates him. Pulls him out of the game even if he's the only productive guy on the court because he has to make sure he drives Randle into the ground with his minutes played.

Thibs is obsessed with playing a rim protecting center (granted, not like it is the worst idea in the world) but it basically makes it impossible for Obi to get more than 15-18 min a game on any kind of a consistent basis unless Randle is hurt.

And the funny thing is: (and I love watching Obi play) It's not like Obi is that good! He should absolutely play more but he's still going to be nothing more than a solid starting player.

What would you have done differently?

Silver managed to get rid of Donald Sterling and did a solid job handling COVID (which included the response to George Floyd’s murder).

I agree he’s more deliberate than Stern. That can be a positive.

Silver is great when it comes to aligning with the players and what they want and that's never been an issue. He's a player's coach. When it comes to disciplining this type of stuff or players more specifically he's a limp noodle. "player empowerment"

Stern would have crushed Kyrie probably even before his latest idiotic behavior

Last edited:
Silver is great when it comes to aligning with the players and what they want and that's never been an issue. He's a player's coach. When it comes to disciplining this type of stuff or players more specifically he's a limp noodle. "player empowerment"

Stern would have crushed Kyrie probably even before his latest idiotic behavior

Yeah, I believe he would have suspended him almost immediately for a significant amount of games.

Did anyone think Brunson was going to clean up this mess by himself? The really screwed up by not getting Mitchell as well. I'm not a Thibs guy either, but too many good teams in the East to think the Knicks could finish in the top four or five. Don't think they are better than Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee, Miami, Cleveland. And throw in the Nets and Sixers if they turn things around and the Knicks could finish in 8th. Did I forget any other teams that could take out the Knicks?
Yes.. da Bulls.

Where are the players on the Kyrie issue? If this was Rockets GM on China the players would be screaming. Kyrie's anti-Semitism and Draymond asssult of a fellow NBAPA member and it's crickets.

I was confused by the Nets offering a first for Royce O'Neale in the summer. The pick would be the lowest of the Rockets, Nets, Sixers pick in 2023.

Still very early, but that pick is looking pretty good for Utah. Brooklyn has imploded and Philly has not played well at all.

Could very well be a top 20 pick.

I was confused by the Nets offering a first for Royce O'Neale in the summer. The pick would be the lowest of the Rockets, Nets, Sixers pick in 2023.

Still very early, but that pick is looking pretty good for Utah. Brooklyn has imploded and Philly has not played well at all.

Could very well be a top 20 pick.
I just heard Harden’s out for a month?

I just heard Harden’s out for a month?

Good - the Sixers have far surpassed that other team on my most disliked list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom