NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

They probably won't make the playoffs, but I think lost in the Jazz teardown, people really underrated the guys they acquired. Guys that score with the volume and efficiency that Sexton has at such an early age don't grow on trees. Markkanen blew up his second season before he kinda got buried as the Bulls gave up on the youth movement. Beasley blew up before his off court issues set him back for a bit. And Vanderbilt looked like a really nice glue guy that just couldn't shoot (and has now made more 3's this season than the rest of his career combined).

Lots of good pieces and Markkanen when healthy is damn good. Fun team to watch as well. Too many good vets on that team to just lay down and tank. If they want to tank they are going to have to make more trades because even when they cool off a bit they will still be a tough out

They probably won't make the playoffs, but I think lost in the Jazz teardown, people really underrated the guys they acquired. Guys that score with the volume and efficiency that Sexton has at such an early age don't grow on trees. Markkanen blew up his second season before he kinda got buried as the Bulls gave up on the youth movement. Beasley blew up before his off court issues set him back for a bit. And Vanderbilt looked like a really nice glue guy that just couldn't shoot (and has now made more 3's this season than the rest of his career combined).
I keep wondering if the Mitchell trade was made first, they add Sexton and Markinnen and still have Gobert, what that team could be.

No surprise there and I do think he was one of their issues. Unfortunate because he was one of my favorite players growing up and I was rooting for him to be a good coach.

Brooklyn obviously has a lot of other issues right now though.

Just like the Lakers canning Vogel, this will have no effect on the crapshow there.

I get firing Nash, but why let him coach last night if that's what you're going to do.

I get firing Nash, but why let him coach last night if that's what you're going to do.
Why does it really matter? Sounds like they're just trying to finalize a deal with Boston and Udoka.

I'm surprised Nash was even hired for that squad tbh.

Why does it really matter? Sounds like they're just trying to finalize a deal with Boston and Udoka.
I believe if you're going to fire someone, just fire them. Granted Nash has a lot of money that I don't feel bad for him, and haven't paid attention to the situation all that closely if that is what they are going to do, but I thought the entire purpose of suspending Udoka was so nobody else hired him?

They'll still stink with him too.

That's the rumor. Would be a quick unemployment for Udoka. NBA has no moral standards.

I keep wondering if the Mitchell trade was made first, they add Sexton and Markinnen and still have Gobert, what that team could be.
I've actually warmed up to Spida and Gobert and Snyder gone and like it. But a better what if for your scenario, is what if the entire roster came back with Will Hardy as HC. Snyder will be HC of Spurs or Lakers next, but his stock value has dropped.

So Nets just going full heel. I like it. Will be fun to see them crash and burn

I've actually warmed up to Spida and Gobert and Snyder gone and like it. But a better what if for your scenario, is what if the entire roster came back with Will Hardy as HC. Snyder will be HC of Spurs or Lakers next, but his stock value has dropped.
Hardy is doing a great job but I don't think he could have addressed all of the issues rolling it back would have brought on.

Yeah I kinda think people (me, ok, I was one of them) just assumed they were going to spin off some or all of those parts as well. I think it was Hollinger who in his preview for them pointed out the roster they had wasn't awful as it stood. Not like they would contend for the playoffs or anything, but the roster as it was was more like a 30 win team than a 15-20 win tank team.

Honestly Steve Nash must feel so great today. World cup starts in a few weeks and he's getting paid to sit at home! and he doesnt have to talk to Kyrie ever again
Lol, yup. I’d THRILLED if I was him.

And lol at the Nets finding a way to bring even more baggage to the organization.

I still believe Utah is going to spin off many of the current player assets over the course of the year. I don't think Ainge is interested in having a 35 win team at the end of the year.

All of the guys obtained in the Gobert and Mitchell trade could not be traded for a full 60 days after the initial trade, so only now could be traded anyway.

I still believe Utah is going to spin off many of the current player assets over the course of the year. I don't think Ainge is interested in having a 35 win team at the end of the year.

All of the guys obtained in the Gobert and Mitchell trade could not be traded for a full 60 days after the initial trade, so only now could be traded anyway.

I didn't realize that. I guess they would've had to spin them into 3 or 4 team deals at the time to make it work. Though the Rudy trade was like 4 months ago at this point

I didn't realize that. I guess they would've had to spin them into 3 or 4 team deals at the time to make it work. Though the Rudy trade was like 4 months ago at this point

Its one of those NBA trade rules that I could never fully figure the logic of:

If you acquire only 1 player in a trade, you can flip that player immediately.
If you receive 2 or more players in a trade, you can't trade any of them for 60 days.

Utah has a tough November schedule, so it wouldn't surprise me if they let this play out for a while. I think bottom line is how many draft picks that Ainge wants to accumulate. Does he want three first round picks each season or are their players on their roster who they feel are part of the future. Obviously, Conley and Gay, at their age, are expendable.

Hardy is doing a great job but I don't think he could have addressed all of the issues rolling it back would have brought on.
You mean like the issue of Spida never passing to Rudy? So last night Rudy played 32 minutes with only one FG attempt in a loss to Phoenix. So I guess that issue continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom