NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I tend to agree but (1) I think they should just get rid of the GM first and (2) I gotta imagine it's hard to mentally get on board with another tear down after they did it, successfully built the team up into an exciting up-and-coming team, and then tore it all down to go all-in just to have it blow up spectacularly in their faces. Especially when they have one of the biggest stars in the league on their team.
This Joe Harris hype needs to stop.

I was raised in a Kosher household, but I like Ham.

You know, I was raised in a kosher household as well. Always bizarre when friends came over. Anyway, watched Darvin Ham and the Lakers get outscored, outshot, outhustled, outlasted and undressed by Jazz last night. The Laker roster is poorly constructed. LBJ, whom I've always liked, is getting old and complains on every single play. AD can't give great minutes anymore and except for Westbrook coming off the bench, the roster is really bad. And Westbrook's scoring is negated when the other teams 2nd unit is far better.

Not sure that Ham can coach his way through this. I'm not seeing the talent for him to make the necessary adjustments.

Anyways my favorite part of Jazz twitter after each win, is a thread put together of opponent's fans tweets and posts. Needless to say, Lakers fans did not disappoint.

My dream Lakers rebuild scenario:

- Trade Davis to Indy for Turner, Hield, and 2 picks.

- Trade Russ and those 2 picks to Charlotte for Rozier and Hayward.

- A Rozier, Hield, LeBron, Hayward, Turner starting 5 would be competitive and better than what we have.

- we’d have expiring deals in Hield and Hayward next year, Myles coming off the books this year, and then you trade LeBron next summer.

We’d be both much more competitive this year and get a huge jump start on a rebuild in that scenario.

- A Rozier, Hield, LeBron, Hayward, Turner starting 5 would be competitive and better than what we have.

- we’d have expiring deals in Hield and Hayward next year, Myles coming off the books this year, and then you trade LeBron next summer.

We’d be both much more competitive this year and get a huge jump start on a rebuild in that scenario.
And that’s all it is, a dream lol. Why would Indy trade away picks? That’s the opposite of what they need.

I don’t think the Lakers avoid the repeater tax under that scenario.

And that’s all it is, a dream lol. Why would Indy trade away picks? That’s the opposite of what they need.
Ha, I didn’t catch that at first glance. Yeah, no way the Lakers make any moves without sacrificing their own picks. Call it collusion, but the rest of the league knows how to hold them hostage.

Benchbrook is working.

Outside of Milwaukee, the field is still open.

Hang in there. You’re the Lakers, start tampering with Luka.

This photo pretty much sums up the Lakers season so far. LBJ and Westbrook realizing the rest of the NBA is better then them and nothing they can do about it. And it sums up the Jazz season so far.

And now for something completely different. Who knew that wearing an Orange vest and Syracuse Nike Dunks could earn you the #1 spot on this week's NBA style rankings. Along with a white T-shirt and black fingernail polish.

"There's some buzz that Anthony Davis may be available" - Bill Simmons from his podcast this morning. This must have some merit because he bolted on 30 mins of AD trade talk with KOC to his usual football-only convo with Cousin Sal.

I know it’s defense so it’s not as cool as 45 foot 3, but this is one of those blocks where your 1st reaction is “did that happen like I think it did”

Very weird NBA season. GS looks in trouble with that defense and bench. I think Jordan Poole is really overrated and so far the young guys have not been at the level they need to be.

Steph is truly carrying that team right now.

Very weird NBA season. GS looks in trouble with that defense and bench. I think Jordan Poole is really overrated and so far the young guys have not been at the level they need to be.

Poole is a large reason they won the title last year. He kept them afloat when Klay was out and Steph missed time with injury. He’s clearly pressing based on the contract I imagine. He’s even missing free throws which he didn’t even do before he blew up last season.

For most teams, we know that the regular season means very little. I just can't tell which conference is deeper. Now the season is still young, but there are some traditionally good teams fair to middling at best. It seems no big star/rotation difference maker plays 82 games anymore, so should we put less focus on the regular season and just care when the playoffs start.

Markinnen gonna enjoy his first all-star game.
Well, you are the last person that I have to tell that the All-Star game is in SLC this year. The crowd is going to give great ovations to Mitchell and Gobert, although I am not convinced yet that Rudy is a lock. And then the crowd is going to go apesh!t when Markannen and Clarkson are announced. Whoever would have thunk it?

I think most NBA teams have decided to put so little importance into the regular season, that you’re going to see alot of surprising records early. Those teams that under perform and are talented will work up enough urgency come jan / Feb and this crap will sort itself out

I think most NBA teams have decided to put so little importance into the regular season, that you’re going to see alot of surprising records early. Those teams that under perform and are talented will work up enough urgency come jan / Feb and this crap will sort itself out

Certainly appears that way. Win 45-50 games try and stay healthy and see what it takes to stay out of the play in rounds with about 25 games left and go from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom