NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

So on Udoka, one of 5 things I would have to imagine..

1. Boston not willing to let him actually go.
2. Brooklyn floated it and either got more info and said we can't handle another storm like we just did with Kyrie
3. NBA said Adios of here with this nonsense. Maybe more in the Stern era than the Silver era
4. Or they just like Vaughn as a continuity hire who has had several looks from other NBA teams and I believe was the Pelicans 1st choice before they hired Willie Green (which I think worked out better for the Pels)
5. Or from the looks of it was Udoka just surrounded with a really good group of assistants with what the Celts and the Jazz are doing. I think Hardy in Utah is going to be a rock star. (probably most unlikely scenario I think Udoka is a good coach

2. Brooklyn floated it and either got more info and said we can't handle another storm like we just did with Kyrie
3. NBA said Adios of here with this nonsense. Maybe more in the Stern era than the Silver era
4. Or they just like Vaughn as a continuity hire who has had several looks from other NBA teams and I believe was the Pelicans 1st choice before they hired Willie Green (which I think worked out better for the Pels)
5. Or from the looks of it was Udoka just surrounded with a really good group of assistants with what the Celts and the Jazz are doing. I think Hardy in Utah is going to be a rock star. (probably most unlikely scenario I think Udoka is a good coach
If I had to guess it was a combination of Boston wanted some good compensation and 2) Nets got push back once the rumor was out there and decided let's go a different safer route. I have no skin in the game but I've always been bullish on Jacque Vaughn. Just like I am bullish on Jason Hart.

If I had to guess it was a combination of Boston wanted some good compensation and 2) Nets got push back once the rumor was out there and decided let's go a different safer route. I have no skin in the game but I've always been bullish on Jacque Vaughn. Just like I am bullish on Jason Hart.

yeah probably the most likely

Wasn't it already reported that Boston was totally fine giving him up for free? It seems very likely to me that either the NBA vetoed the hire or Brooklyn saw the publicity they got out of it and realized it was a terrible idea.

Wasn't it already reported that Boston was totally fine giving him up for free? It seems very likely to me that either the NBA vetoed the hire or Brooklyn saw the publicity they got out of it and realized it was a terrible idea.
Yeah I thought Scalabrine said the same thing on Sirius - Udoka had a no compensation clause as part of his agreement to step down.

I think it's a combination of:
1) What he did in full may still be worse than what's even reported (just a guess)
2) Even if not, there may be ongoing legal entanglements that the Nets would be having to worry about now and potentially in the future.
3) I think Silver finally put his foot down and channeled his inner Stern.

Marc Stein had some reporting basically saying the NBA was really pushing the Nets not to end up hiring Udoka.

Going back like a week, this line was in the Woj initial story about the Nets looking at Udoka and is just unreal

The Nets have been vetting the circumstances around Udoka's suspension and believe he can tighten up the league's 29th-ranked defensive team

I know everyone is talking about it and Lebron just went down with an injury but what do the Lakers do? This is crazy. I would just start blowing it up and this point. Why would you get rid of any more draft picks to get sneak into the play in?

Jeanie has to start looking towards the team after LeBron.

I know everyone is talking about it and Lebron just went down with an injury but what do the Lakers do? This is crazy. I would just start blowing it up and this point. Why would you get rid of any more draft picks to get sneak into the play in?

Jeanie has to start looking towards the team after LeBron.
If they insist on keeping their picks and not paying the repeater tax, there’s not much they can do other than let it continue to burn.

I’m here for it.

If they insist on keeping their picks and not paying the repeater tax, there’s not much they can do other than let it continue to burn.

I’m here for it.

yeah and that's probably the safest bet. Maybe they trade AD and get some future picks and younger pieces which certainly wouldn't help LeBron but not much you can do.

Other than the bubble championship they have been terrible and other franchises it may be worth it but other than that they have pretty much stunk for 10 years

yeah and that's probably the safest bet. Maybe they trade AD and get some future picks and younger pieces which certainly wouldn't help LeBron but not much you can do.

Other than the bubble championship they have been terrible and other franchises it may be worth it but other than that they have pretty much stunk for 10 years

If they aren't going to consider moving Bron next year, then I could see them taking steps to having a haul to get KD next year from the Nets.

If they can move AD for a bunch of future picks and fodder, then flip those picks for KD for next year, I could see that. KD and Bron making a go of it for a year or two and let KD be the main guy.

I just don't see the Lakers, of all teams, trading AD this year, Bron next year and just doing a full rebuild that would be based on nailing picks.

I'm a Knicks fan, so I can't say much.

If they aren't going to consider moving Bron next year, then I could see them taking steps to having a haul to get KD next year from the Nets.

If they can move AD for a bunch of future picks and fodder, then flip those picks for KD for next year, I could see that. KD and Bron making a go of it for a year or two and let KD be the main guy.

I just don't see the Lakers, of all teams, trading AD this year, Bron next year and just doing a full rebuild that would be based on nailing picks.

I'm a Knicks fan, so I can't say much.
Lakers picks are 07 and 09? I think the Net GM wants return to save his job now.

If guys aren’t going to play back to backs, then stop scheduling them. This is a stars league. Think about how many people might’ve bought tickets to see Ja Morant play in DC yesterday. Then he sits out with “ankle soreness”. Cmon, there’s nothing wrong with him and he’s young. It’s bad for the game and bad for the fans.

I watched the entire Jazz vs Sixers game. Utah had no answer for Embiid. It's what the Wilt 100 game must have been like. However, it was still a one possession game until the final minute. The Sixers are not a balanced team and they are one Embiid twisted ankle away from missing the playoffs.

I watched the entire Jazz vs Sixers game. Utah had no answer for Embiid. It's what the Wilt 100 game must have been like. However, it was still a one possession game until the final minute. The Sixers are not a balanced team and they are one Embiid twisted ankle away from missing the playoffs.
I saw he had 24 free throw attempts which obviously helped. We’re they legit or was it him just falling on the ground per usual?

I saw he had 24 free throw attempts which obviously helped. We’re they legit or was it him just falling on the ground per usual?
He drove to the hoop on a lot of his shots and they could not stop him. They tried Vanderbilt, Olynyk and Markkanen. Didn't matter. More impressive was the five block shots in the 4th quarter. Why they tried to keep driving on him was very speculative.

If guys aren’t going to play back to backs, then stop scheduling them. This is a stars league. Think about how many people might’ve bought tickets to see Ja Morant play in DC yesterday. Then he sits out with “ankle soreness”. Cmon, there’s nothing wrong with him and he’s young. It’s bad for the game and bad for the fans.
He’s already missed a lot of time due to injury in his short career. I don’t have a problem with players taking time off if they feel it will benefit their overall health.

We all know the risks when we buy tickets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom