NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

If guys aren’t going to play back to backs, then stop scheduling them. This is a stars league. Think about how many people might’ve bought tickets to see Ja Morant play in DC yesterday. Then he sits out with “ankle soreness”. Cmon, there’s nothing wrong with him and he’s young. It’s bad for the game and bad for the fans.

Am I making this up or was at one point there talk of the league being more aggressive in disciplining teams for sitting star players for road games? If you're gonna rest your stars, do it at home, since your fans have more chances to see them play.

I know it's cliche to say they should just make the season shorter (fewer games I mean) but I almost think even if they did that you'd still get load management. Probably not to the same degree.

Am I making this up or was at one point there talk of the league being more aggressive in disciplining teams for sitting star players for road games? If you're gonna rest your stars, do it at home, since your fans have more chances to see them play.

I know it's cliche to say they should just make the season shorter (fewer games I mean) but I almost think even if they did that you'd still get load management. Probably not to the same degree.

There was talk of it, but it never really went anywhere as far as I know.

Here is an interesting article that doesn't address that specifically, but does get into back to backs and such.

In the midst of trashing his teammates, an impressive self-own by KD here. You're right, man, we shouldn't expect you to win with that lineup. You've never won anything when you're the lead dog. You had to team up with the 73-win defending champs to get a ring, so why should anyone expect you to carry a team?

315769224_10170585970177037_2378959401812200894_n.jpg

In the midst of trashing his teammates, an impressive self-own by KD here. You're right, man, we shouldn't expect you to win with that lineup. You've never won anything when you're the lead dog. You had to team up with the 73-win defending champs to get a ring, so why should anyone expect you to carry a team?

315769224_10170585970177037_2378959401812200894_n.jpg

I mean, is making the NBA finals not impressive anymore? Now you are only good or have won anything if you are the best player on a champion? (ignoring those 2 NBA finals mvps I guess)

He is kinda whiny, but do we really need to act like Kevin Durant isnt one of the best players of all time?

I mean, is making the NBA finals not impressive anymore? Now you are only good or have won anything if you are the best player on a champion? (ignoring those 2 NBA finals mvps I guess)

He is kinda whiny, but do we really need to act like Kevin Durant isnt one of the best players of all time?

He's not just "kinda whiny," he's the whiniest player in NBA history. If he's one of the best players of all time (yeah, I think he is), then he shouldn't be complaining that people expect one of the best players of all time to win, regardless of who else is in the lineup.

Lauri Markkanen shoots 15-18 from the field for his career high 38 points. Here is his ridiculous game winning shot with one second left on the shot clock to give the Jazz a 134-131 lead on Phoenix. His nickname is The Finnisher and he definitely finished last night. Utah holds on to win 134-133 and play at Portland tonight for 1st place in the Western Conference. Never thought I would type those words.

Last edited:
Lauri Markkanen shoots 15-18 from the field for his career high 38 points. Here is his ridiculous game winning shot with one second left on the shot clock to give the Jazz a 134-131 lead on Phoenix. His nickname is The Finnisher and he definitely finished last night. Utah holds on to win 134-133 and play at Portland tonight for 1st place in the Western Conference. Never thought I would type those words.

Watched most of the second half of this one last night (did I have some money on Utah? Who is really to say? Me. I am. And yes, I did). Markkanen was super impressive; easy to be impressive when you can't miss a shot, I get it, and i know the Suns were down CP3, but still. Very fun game. And not just because Utah won.

Watched most of the second half of this one last night (did I have some money on Utah? Who is really to say? Me. I am. And yes, I did). Markkanen was super impressive; easy to be impressive when you can't miss a shot, I get it, and i know the Suns were down CP3, but still. Very fun game. And not just because Utah won.
One thing about the NBA this season is that there have been a lot of high scoring games. Look at Sacramento. What a fun team to watch.

Suns are like a lot of teams where their roster has construction issues. CP3 is like 50 years old. They really have no game plan when he is out except let Booker shoot everytime. He is very good but doesn't deserve the star treatment from the refs.

Last years Jazz team wouldn't have won this game. That's what will be interesting, what if any, assets they trade off. The team is fun and the fan base is energized. No one expected it.

I can’t stand Embiid, he is so dirty.

Beyond being a dirty cheap shot artist, Embiid is whiny, an arrogant showboat, flops endlessly, constantly makes excuses and does not take accountability, fails in big situations and cries afterwards, and sells out his teammates and coaches. Not surpisingly his teams have never advanced past the second round.

He is the player I dislike the most in the NBA.

Last edited:
Embiid is the player I dislike the most in the NBA because he is dirty cheap shot artist...AND a whiny, arrogant showboat, flops endlessly, constantly makes excuses and does not take accountability, fails in big situations and cries afterwards, and sells out his teammates and coaches. Not surpisingly his teams have never advanced past the second round.
in short, he is a loser and will never win a championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom