NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Beyond being a dirty cheap shot artist, Embiid is whiny, an arrogant showboat, flops endlessly, constantly makes excuses and does not take accountability, fails in big situations and cries afterwards, and sells out his teammates and coaches. Not surpisingly his teams have never advanced past the second round.

He is the player I dislike the most in the NBA.
All you had to say is he went to Kansas.

This is an incomplete rendition of what happened. Giannis was shooting FTs and then two sixers players (Harrell and some other guy) took the ball away in an infantile “not getting shots up in our house” squabble. Then Giannis goes to get another ball and ladder dude (encouraged by the sixers stooges) immediately rolls the ladder under the hoop to keep him from shooting. So to Giannis, it appears as though ladder dude is in cahoots with a hole sixers being infants

Lauri Markkanen shoots 15-18 from the field for his career high 38 points. Here is his ridiculous game winning shot with one second left on the shot clock to give the Jazz a 134-131 lead on Phoenix. His nickname is The Finnisher and he definitely finished last night. Utah holds on to win 134-133 and play at Portland tonight for 1st place in the Western Conference. Never thought I would type those words.

A few weeks back I had posted that something was different about LM this year. He seemed much more assertive and frankly looked like he added some explosion to his game. And this was while he wasn’t shooting the 3 well.

This is an incomplete rendition of what happened. Giannis was shooting FTs and then two sixers players (Harrell and some other guy) took the ball away in an infantile “not getting shots up in our house” squabble. Then Giannis goes to get another ball and ladder dude (encouraged by the sixers stooges) immediately rolls the ladder under the hoop to keep him from shooting. So to Giannis, it appears as though ladder dude is in cahoots with a hole sixers being infants
Right. I posted the link to the article that gives the rundown earlier today.

Hilariously weird and petty stuff.

Like them preventing him from getting up a few FT is going to prevent the bucks from neutering them in the playoffs

It’s lame but supposedly they were in a rush to get ready for some event for season ticket holders or something. Idk. Should be a non story regardless, especially with the much more serious issues going on in the league.

The West is going to be a toss up all season. Seven teams have a conference low six losses and two more have seven losses. Unfortunately, some teams only care about the post-season so they don't care where they finish.

Everyone knows that Stephen Curry is a great shooter - the only guy who might be as good as Pete Maravich - but what impresses me almost as much is how good he is at penetrating and finishing; GOAT like.

His handle is next level. A guy that you can tell has been playing in NBA gyms since he could walk.

Went to the Nets/Grizz game last night for a friend's birthday. A few observations (seats were pretty good):

- As Eric15 noted in another thread, Barclays is a great venue.

- I'm like 90% sure Ben Simmons is actually right-handed.

- I can't believe I'm writing this, but they are making Simmons play center, defend Steven Adams (who is even bigger in person), run point and be pretty physical even without the ball. He kinda gripes to the ref a lot and got called for a ghost foul on a strip, too. All this to say is that you can plainly see what kind of talent he has if he can just keep it together. He may just need to go to a team that isn't high drama or have insane fans. Like, if he was on Portland, I think they would love him.

- Crowd loves Watanabe.

- No Ja or Bane. Dylan Brooks has never seen a shot he doesn't think he can make. Holy ball hog.

- KD can get 25 points in his sleep. He can literally get a shot whenever he wants.

- Kyrie showed flashes, but is clearly rusty. Not going to comment on any of the other stuff.

- I can't believe I'm writing this, but they are making Simmons play center, defend Steven Adams (who is even bigger in person), run point and be pretty physical even without the ball. He kinda gripes to the ref a lot and got called for a ghost foul on a strip, too. All this to say is that you can plainly see what kind of talent he has if he can just keep it together. He may just need to go to a team that isn't high drama or have insane fans. Like, if he was on Portland, I think they would love him.
I don't know if a market with only one Big 4 pro team like Portland would be good for him.

I don't know if a market with only one Big 4 pro team like Portland would be good for him.

Fair. Maybe not. I dunno, maybe he's just going to be a up and down from now on. But last night he was doing a lot and looked relatively good.

I couldn't believe it.

Warriors sit Klay, Steph, Dreymond and Wiggins last night and lose by 45 in New Orleans. I get the 2nd night of a back to back but this is a little out of hand. They won the first night and are fine just giving the 2nd night away

Warriors sit Klay, Steph, Dreymond and Wiggins last night and lose by 45 in New Orleans. I get the 2nd night of a back to back but this is a little out of hand. They won the first night and are fine just giving the 2nd night away
I think they are trying to force feed the young guys as they’ve been pretty terrible to start the season. Poole included. Right now losing Porter, Payton and Bjelica has completely cratered their second unit.

And 66% of the people bet GS moneyline according to Caesers. I didn't bet it, but the thing I don't like about Caesars vs NYRAbets.com is that on sports betting you cannot cancel your bet before the game like you can on the horse racing app. How far in advance did GS send out that info?

And 66% of the people bet GS moneyline according to Caesers. I didn't bet it, but the thing I don't like about Caesars vs NYRAbets.com is that on sports betting you cannot cancel your bet before the game like you can on the horse racing app. How far in advance did GS send out that info?
Right after they beat Houston.

Giannis FT shooting is becoming a problem for the Bucks.
I think people tend to overestimate how much of a problem bad free throw shooting is. If the Bucks are up at the end of the game, then yeah, they’re going to want to get the ball to someone else for the intentional fouls.

But just over the course of normal gameplay, two free throws for Giannis at 59% shooting on average is still more efficient than basically anybody else on the team taking a normal shot.

I’d also venture to guess that he’ll eventually get back to shooting in the 60s or 70s as usual but we’ll see.

Free throw shooting only becomes a major problem when you get guys shooting like 30% like Ben Simmons in the playoffs.

The bigger issue is that Giannis has just kinda sucked this year outside of dunks. He can’t even make layups right now, much less the mid range jumpers he was making with ease last year. Was awesome last night though so hopefully he’s getting back into the groove again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom