NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I see it more likely than not that they trade Clarkson, but I could be wrong. I think that's the only older veteran that has first round trade value on the team (other than Markannen).
Maybe JC wants to opt out and just take his chance on becoming an UFA after next season when he turns 32. Not the best defender but he can make some good coin just based on his offensive skills.

Maybe JC wants to opt out and just take his chance on becoming an UFA after next season when he turns 32. Not the best defender but he can make some good coin just based on his offensive skills.
He would be able to opt out this summer and become a free agent this summer (not after next season). He has a 14m player option this summer which he certainly will not exercise after the quality season he has had this year.

Which is why I bring him up as a possible trade option especially if Clarkson wants to go to FA to test his worth.

The parity in the NBA right now is just mind-boggling. I honestly think somewhere between a third and half the teams in the league right now could potentially go to the Finals. It's never been this way before.

The parity in the NBA right now is just mind-boggling. I honestly think somewhere between a third and half the teams in the league right now could potentially go to the Finals. It's never been this way before.
Is there that much parity or are records jumbled together because some of the biggest stars sit out more games than ever?

Is there that much parity or are records jumbled together because some of the biggest stars sit out more games than ever?
That's true. Maybe a combination of the two.

Theory only - I would add the 3 point shot as part of the reason as it such a high variability shot compared to the 2 point shot. As more and more players take them and improve at them.

Please tell me this chatter about a possible trade to the Warriors involving Lebron is NOT true.

That's probably part of it, but it feels like it's probably not a huge deal? I dunno.

Here's one (simplified) way to look at it. Boston leads the league in Net rating, outscoring teams by 6 pts per 100 possessions. They've had Tatum and Brown miss 2 games each.

Since the 2000-2001 season, there have been 68 teams with a net rating of over 6.0, with another 3 right at 6. An average of about 3 teams per season have a net rating better than the net rating of the best team in the league halfway in.

Please tell me this chatter about a possible trade to the Warriors involving Lebron is NOT true.
I haven’t heard anything about him being traded really but you never really know with him. He’s not generally someone who sticks around if his team isn’t a contender.

I’d probably go with like 7-11 teams personally but the West in particular is such a mess I don’t really know what to make of any of those teams. None of them really feel like the kind of team we’d consider to be a contender in most years.

STEVEHOLT bi-annual check in on Jalen Green opinions. Sat behind his family the last two games which magnified his ability to score at will against the Kings.

Russ has been playing really well off the bench and was on his game last night against Philly: 20 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists … and some great gas face.

Would’ve liked to have seen Russ at least give a taste of the ball at moments such as this, though, to the 52-year-old team leader who had 35 points on 65% shooting along with 11 assists and 8 rebounds.

Last edited:
Russ has been playing really well off the bench and was on his game last night against Philly: 20 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists … and some great gas face.

Would’ve liked to have seen Russ at least give a taste of the ball at moments such as this, though, to the 52-year-old team leader who had 35 points on 65% shooting along with 11 assists and 8 rebounds.
In Russ’ defense, he should’ve been at the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom