NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Wow, OKC put 150 up on Boston. Anyone watch it?
Without SGA? That’s crazy.

Josh Giddey is highly intriguing.

Bazley is playing a lot less for them this year, wonder if he’s on his way out of the league? That 4th year is crucial for if you’re going to stick or not.

Zion hurt, smh. He and Ingram both concern me majorly in that regard.

My dream is that come spring time they’re both healthy and N.O. boots those corny studio gangsters in Memphis out of the playoffs. Tired of those goofballs already.

Without SGA? That’s crazy.

Josh Giddey is highly intriguing.

Bazley is playing a lot less for them this year, wonder if he’s on his way out of the league? That 4th year is crucial for if you’re going to stick or not.
I haven't watched a ton of OKC but from what I have - that team plays hard. I'm sure C's saw no SGA and figured cakewalk, but OKC competes...that was a beat down by a team that just played harder.

Zion hurt, smh. He and Ingram both concern me majorly in that regard.

My dream is that come spring time they’re both healthy and N.O. boots those corny studio gangsters in Memphis out of the playoffs. Tired of those goofballs already.
Ja gets the most favorable whistle in the NBA from what I've seen. He puts his head down and charges to the hoop, sometimes with no intention of even trying to make a layup and is all but guaranteed to be bailed out with a whistle. I will admit that he's extremely talented but he's a punk b.

Zion hurt, smh.
This is why I remain in the camp that Zion's career is likely a bust.

When he plays, he's very good.

He doesn't play very often.

Let's see what happens to this injury timeline. Any time he goes out skepticism is warranted. If this 3 weeks extends beyond that, well...

Ja gets the most favorable whistle in the NBA from what I've seen. He puts his head down and charges to the hoop, sometimes with no intention of even trying to make a layup and is all but guaranteed to be bailed out with a whistle. I will admit that he's extremely talented but he's a punk b.

I think Embid gets a ton of calls as well. It's ridiculous really

I do agree not a huge fan of Morant's antics either.

Last edited:

Let's see what happens to this injury timeline. Any time he goes out skepticism is warranted. If this 3 weeks extends beyond that, well...

He will definitely be out more than 3 weeks, the pels are notorious for this. I will guess the over under is 6 weeks. Ingram is due back in a week or so. They just need to be within striking distance for the stretch run and if they can ever get BI, CJ and Zion back at the same time they could make a nice run but with Zion and BI you just never know. Neither of them can stay healthy and Ingram won't play until he's 100%, he just won't. He was suppose to be out a week or two with the toe and that was the Saturday after Thanksgiving when he got hurt.

Zion was on a hell of a run the past 4-5 weeks but once again he gets hurt, no denying his talent though. Unfortunate as well as the past 3-4 games in New Orleans have sold out. Crowds have been great. CJ put on a show versus the Sixers last Friday night. They have been great at home suspect at best on the road.

They have a strong bench but it's more complementary to Zion than anyone else. Not sure how long they can hold up without BI and Zion although they are 4-1 without both of them

Last edited:
I think Embid gets a ton of calls as well. It's ridiculous really

I do agree not a huge fan of Morant's antics either.
True. Embiid has the "flail his body on the floor and get a call strategy" that seems to work. It's actually a double move that allows him to take a breather on the ground and also get a call 10 times a game.

All the stars do. It's annoying to watch at times. Hell, even the Luka and Mitchell intentionally missed free throws were clear lane violations, but they get a pass because they are stars making "amazing" plays.

The Bulls snapped a 12-game Brooklyn win streak and also moved to 6-1 against the Eastern Conference's top three seeds, albeit 17-21 on the season. They have been so up and down this season.

It's 100% going beyond three weeks.

Zion is awesome but he has to fundamentally change the way he preps his body for the season and he needs to find a target weight and work around that.

If Luka had half of the supporting cast that Zion does, the Mavs would be favored to win the title. Zion has to stay on the court.

It's 100% going beyond three weeks.

Zion is awesome but he has to fundamentally change the way he preps his body for the season and he needs to find a target weight and work around that.

If Luka had half of the supporting cast that Zion does, the Mavs would be favored to win the title. Zion has to stay on the court.
And I mean, Luka still hasn't figured out the "get your body right" part of this, he's just not as extreme as Zion.

And I mean, Luka still hasn't figured out the "get your body right" part of this, he's just not as extreme as Zion.

He was in better shape this year (prob from seeing the media coverage of it) and he doesn't leverage explosive athleticism like Zion does, he works slow to fast (JJ Redick had really good commentary on this).

So his slow to fast and insane footwork and fundamentals allow him to keep it going.

But man I want Zion to be available for a full season. I love watching him play. That whole team is fun to watch when healthy for the Pels.

He was in better shape this year (prob from seeing the media coverage of it) and he doesn't leverage explosive athleticism like Zion does, he works slow to fast (JJ Redick had really good commentary on this).

So his slow to fast and insane footwork and fundamentals allow him to keep it going.

But man I want Zion to be available for a full season. I love watching him play. That whole team is fun to watch when healthy for the Pels.
I'm going to be in New Orleans in a few weeks and am hoping to catch one of their games. Would have been nice to see them at full strength, but waddyado.

An insane, strange ugly game between the Bucks and Raptors yesterday

Some highlights

- Raptors start the game shooting 0-15 from the field... then only 2-15 after that. So shooting 7% (2-30) to start the game
- The game was 7-0 with about 5:40 left in the first quarter as the Bucks shot terribly as well and turned over the ball. Milwaukee had 25 turnovers for the game, I believe about 16 in the first half.
- Raptors were down 21 with 3:13 to go in the game. and were down 16 with 1:19 to go in the game, and sent the game to overtime.
- Giannis had a quadruple double including his 12 turnovers.
- Bucks still game back to win in OT, which is fine at this point, the Raptors need to re-tool/tank at 16-23.

Some highlights

- Raptors start the game shooting 0-15 from the field... then only 2-15 after that. So shooting 7% (2-30) to start the game
- The game was 7-0 with about 5:40 left in the first quarter as the Bucks shot terribly as well and turned over the ball. Milwaukee had 25 turnovers for the game, I believe about 16 in the first half.
- Raptors were down 21 with 3:13 to go in the game. and were down 16 with 1:19 to go in the game, and sent the game to overtime.
- Bucks still game back to win in OT, which is fine at this point, the Raptors need to re-tool/tank at 16-23.
That's called a Polish quadruple double.

It's not a racist joke, I'm Polish.

I'm going to be in New Orleans in a few weeks and am hoping to catch one of their games. Would have been nice to see them at full strength, but waddyado.
Still worth a visit. The arena is a dump but it's a convenient location and good crowd energy. Some tickets make it seem like club access is for most of the rows on the lower sidelines but it's reserved for the floor seats unfortunately.

Still worth a visit. The arena is a dump but it's a convenient location and good crowd energy. Some tickets make it seem like club access is for most of the rows on the lower sidelines but it's reserved for the floor seats unfortunately.
Yeah, the team members going to the conference with me seemed pretty excited when I mentioned I was thinking of hitting the game and they're all welcome to come too. Prolly gonna go.

Some highlights

Obviously a lot more than just the calls had to go wrong to surrender that deficit, but that comeback featured some of the shadiest officiating I’ve ever seen in quick succession lol. Glad it ultimately didn’t matter outside of whatever money they made on the betting line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom