NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Scottie Barnes has been a bit of a disappointment in year 2. The whole Raptors team has. Their HC is really a younger version of Tibbs. Runs the starters into the ground
They are an interesting team. They basically play 6 guys in the games that I have seen them, but watching them against the Knicks on MLK day they have some talent.

Barnes has been a disappointment I guess but he still impacts the game a ton for a guy who only takes about 13-15 shots. I also think he is their best rebounder.

The guy I don't get is Anunoby, and I also don't think Siakam is an alpha.

Lmao, that’s amazing.

Would love to have a Honey Brown and a balboa and talk hoops at Barber’s with Stan!
Big fan of Stan the Man. Lot looser and cheerier than his brother. And he’s not shy about getting political on Twitter (we’re on the same team).
E05B2BEA-0D65-455E-AEC8-BA887A5A6A49.jpeg

Also "caused" the injury to Bob Lanier in the NCAA's which diminished the Bonnies chances of winning the championship. Does anyone else ever wonder that if they won it, that they would have become the pre-eminent college basketball program in upstate NY. Doubtful, and you can't rewrite history.

Also "caused" the injury to Bob Lanier in the NCAA's which diminished the Bonnies chances of winning the championship. Does anyone else ever wonder that if they won it, that they would have become the pre-eminent college basketball program in upstate NY. Doubtful, and you can't rewrite history.

Went to a Bonnies game when Cal was coaching at UMASS with Camby etc. Environment was unreal. Great venue back in the day

Dallas has to do something at the deadline, right? They can't go into the playoffs with what is essentially the same team as last year plus Christian Wood.

I saw rumors of LeVert for Hardaway swap, but that doesn't really improve them as they basically are the same player at this stage.

Dallas has to do something at the deadline, right? They can't go into the playoffs with what is essentially the same team as last year plus Christian Wood.

I saw rumors of LeVert for Hardaway swap, but that doesn't really improve them as they basically are the same player at this stage.

Add Wood for this year but they are out Brunson from last year. What can Dallas put into a trade? What do they have for assets? What players or draft picks?

It seems like the Raptors are going to be involved in some trades as well and everyone seems to be throwing Bogie from Detroit into every trade out there as well. Detroit could very easily keep him as he is signed through end of next season

I think Memphis could make a move as well.

Add Wood for this year but they are out Brunson from last year. What can Dallas put into a trade? What do they have for assets? What players or draft picks?

It seems like the Raptors are going to be involved in some trades as well and everyone seems to be throwing Bogie from Detroit into every trade out there as well. Detroit could very easily keep him as he is signed through end of next season

I think Memphis could make a move as well.
Good call out on Brunson. I completely forgot about him. I don't see how they get out of the west as presently constructed.

Good call out on Brunson. I completely forgot about him. I don't see how they get out of the west as presently constructed.
Agreed with all the injuries right now, it's pretty clear that Memphis and Denver will probably continue to separate but Golden St will always be a tough out in the playoffs as long as they are healthy

Agreed with all the injuries right now, it's pretty clear that Memphis and Denver will probably continue to separate but Golden St will always be a tough out in the playoffs as long as they are healthy
Clips(relax Day2) and….Pelicans will be tough outs.

I think we see a major “upset” based on the seeding that’s not really an upset at all based on the talent.

***let a healthy AD and Bron sneak in, and those high seeds should be extra scared.

Those two, Tatum and Embiid should be in the running too IMO.
Giannis as well despite a somewhat down year for him. But realistically, Jokic has separated himself from the pack a bit for now. Obviously plenty of time for things to change though.

Clips(relax Day2) and….Pelicans will be tough outs.

I think we see a major “upset” based on the seeding that’s not really an upset at all based on the talent.

pels all depend on when Ingram and Zion come back because they are going to continue to drop like a lead balloon in the standings as long as those 2 are both out. I bet Ingram is another week or two and Zion probably another 3-4 weeks. Zion due for more tests on the hammy next week and I would imagine they say another few weeks and probably back after the all star break. Ingram injury is a real head scratcher as he's been out since the day after thanksgiving and was originally listed as day to day. They could be pretty damn good if healthy though. Herb Jones has also been out for about a week now

That said, they have plenty to wheel and deal with if they want to trade

pels all depend on when Ingram and Zion come back because they are going to continue to drop like a lead balloon in the standings as long as those 2 are both out. I bet Ingram is another week or two and Zion probably another 3-4 weeks. Zion due for more tests on the hammy next week and I would imagine they say another few weeks and probably back after the all star break. Ingram injury is a real head scratcher as he's been out since the day after thanksgiving and was originally listed as day to day. They could be pretty damn good if healthy though.

That said, they have plenty to wheel and deal with if they want to trade

I contend that the Pelicans will never be a true threat because Zion will never be truly healthy.

I contend that the Pelicans will never be a true threat because Zion will never be truly healthy.

yeah could be. Disappointing because the two weeks before he got hurt were about as could as he has ever played at the NBA level. His game versus Minnesota was incredible. Ingram, Zion, CJ have played a total of 10 games together. Going to take some time for those 3 to really develop as a cohesive unit as well They have great role players if they can ever get it together.

Without all 3 there is no way they can get past Memphis either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom