NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

yeah could be. Disappointing because the two weeks before he got hurt were about as could as he has ever played at the NBA level. His game versus Minnesota was incredible. Ingram, Zion, CJ have played a total of 10 games together. Going to take some time for those 3 to really develop as a cohesive until though. They have great role players if they can ever get it together.

Without all 3 there is no way they can get past Memphis either
I have developed an irrational hatred for Memphis. Loved Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Marc Gasol - they were always one of of my favorite teams.

These new Memphis kids are some dickheads who really think they’ve done something.

I have developed an irrational hatred for Memphis. Loved Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Marc Gasol - they were always one of of my favorite teams.

These new Memphis kids are some dickheads who really think they’ve done something.

Can't stand them. Ja in particular. Hate Brooks and Triple J as well. They just yap the entire game, never stop.

For sure. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

yeah you are not alone there. Been to a ton of Pels game and went to the games between Christmas and New Years at Smooth King, both were sold out and the crowd was crazy. The City was 100% behind them but it's certainly fragile if they continue to lose.

Ingram was also fantastic in the playoffs last year

yeah you are not alone there. Been to a ton of Pels game and went to the games between Christmas and New Years at Smooth King, both were sold out and the crowd was crazy. The City was 100% behind them but it's certainly fragile if they continue to lose.

Ingram was also fantastic in the playoffs last year
I’ve been a big fan of Ingram since he was a Laker. He’s not where he should be career wise or stature wise, but when he’s right that guy is a hell of a b-ball player.

Any given day he could get the best of a Tatum or Luka.

Same way Kyrie got Curry in ‘16, I guess.

I’ve been a big fan of Ingram since he was a Laker. He’s not where he should be career wise or stature wise, but when he’s right that guy is a hell of a b-ball player.

Any given day he could get the best of a Tatum or Luka.

Same way Kyrie got Curry in ‘16, I guess.

Agreed.

Ingram can't stay healthy either and takes forever to comeback from what are first diagnosed as day to day type injuries. he's had some major ones as well but he has missed over 1/3 of his games since his career started. tremendous talent, great mid range game, passer and his defense this year had been so much better. He works hard on his game as well. He's very low key as well which is perfect for a small market franchise as well. He is the quiet leader of the Pelicans as well, loved by Willie Green and the team. I do think the Pels organization is frustrated with him continuing to miss time for some of these injuries but such is life with many modern day NBA players

Last edited:
Agreed.

Ingram can't stay healthy either and takes forever to comeback from what are first diagnosed as day to day type injuries. he's had some major ones as well but he has missed over 1/3 of his games since his career started. tremendous talent, great mid range game, passer and his defense this year had been so much better. He works hard on his game as well. He is the quiet leader of the Pelicans as well, loved by Willie Green and the team. I do think the Pels organization is frustrated with him continuing to miss time for some of these injuries but such is life with many modern day NBA players
Amazingly a lot of guys seem to get healthier closer to the playoffs. Hopefully BI and Zion do for the Pels this season. Since the Jazz are probably going to trade a few guys and drop down, New Orleans is probably the only team in the West I don't hate and could root for. And Sacramento also. But the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Nugs, Memphis, Dallas, Suns, I have a true hatred of those franchises.

I said before the year that Memphis was ripe to go from the fun young team that everyone loves to the cocky young team that everyone hates. You’re only allowed to be a young upstart punching above your weight class for a year or two before the tide starts to turn.

This video of the punk kids really reminds me of Brooks, Ja and JJJ behavior.

I said before the year that Memphis was ripe to go from the fun young team that everyone loves to the cocky young team that everyone hates. You’re only allowed to be a young upstart punching above your weight class for a year or two before the tide starts to turn.
Morant telling Barkley “knee pads” was it for me.

Prime Chuck would beat the brakes off that little .

This video of the punk kids really reminds me of Brooks, Ja and JJJ behavior.
SMH. It’s one thing to show joy and enjoy the game, but taunting other players when your early bloomer overgrown ass very well might only be 5’10 in high school and might never make a team after 7th grade is something else. Kid’s parents and coaches should be embarrassed.

Morant telling Barkley “knee pads” was it for me.

Prime Chuck would beat the brakes off that little .
They have passed off quite a few people with all that crap. I remember LeBron getting pissed at Bane last year I think. Then dunked over JJJ which was great. Kept tellingBane to shut his trap.

probably why they have Steven Adams! For protection.

That loss stings for GS. Very bad defense on brown on that tying shot.

That loss stings for GS. Very bad defense on brown on that tying shot.

Thought GS got sloppy at the end. Steph had 2-3 turnovers that really were crazy. Horrible shot at the end of the game as well. Poole kept challenging Horford and getting his shot blocked as well, which was dumb the 2nd and 3rd time, other than LeBron not sure anyone is playing as well this far into their career than Big Al. Unbelievable defense on all the switches that the Celtics play as well. Clutch shooting as well. If the Warriors were to trade for a decent 5 like Poertel at SA, I think they would be really really tough in the playoffs, they will be extremely tough regardless.

I think Tatum gets a little whacky at the end of big games as well. He had a few head scratching moments, and always complaining about non foul calls as well which is status quo with every star in the NBA now, ridiculous talent but Brown seems like the steady hand at the end of games at least when I watch. Smart was throwing the ball all over the end as well while trying to break the press.

really entertaining game though.

Thought GS got sloppy at the end. Steph had 2-3 turnovers that really were crazy. Horrible shot at the end of the game as well. Poole kept challenging Horford and getting his shot blocked as well, which was dumb the 2nd and 3rd time, other than LeBron not sure anyone is playing as well this far into their career than Big Al. Unbelievable defense on all the switches that the Celtics play as well. Clutch shooting as well. If the Warriors were to trade for a decent 5 like Poertel at SA, I think they would be really really tough in the playoffs, they will be extremely tough regardless.

I think Tatum gets a little whacky at the end of big games as well. He had a few head scratching moments, and always complaining about non foul calls as well which is status quo with every star in the NBA now, ridiculous talent but Brown seems like the steady hand at the end of games at least when I watch. Smart was throwing the ball all over the end as well while trying to break the press.

really entertaining game though.
The celtics size is a problem for teams especially GSW. The first few minutes of the game looked like the spoiled punk kid video with the too small sign. Horford was just big boying every Warrior. They also challenged everything at the rim. Their size is impressive.

The celtics size is a problem for teams especially GSW. The first few minutes of the game looked like the spoiled punk kid video with the too small sign. Horford was just big boying every Warrior. They also challenged everything at the rim. Their size is impressive.

yeah timelord and Al on the court at the same time will be an issue for a lot of teams. It's weird because i think true centers in the game can either be a great asset or a detriment considering the match up in the playoffs. I think the griz made a mistake last year trying to out small the Warriors by not playing Adams for a large part of the series and playing triple J at the 5.

The NBA is pretty straight forward at times, they all try to pick and roll the hell of the big 5 put him on spin cycle and get favorable switches and exploit the mismatch. The great wings can either beat a big guy or just shoot over the smaller ones. Celts are great at this, Heat with Bam and Butler as well. Don't switch and play drop coverage and most will just shoot the wide open 3 and bury you most nights.

I think Celts/ Cavs would be amazing playoff series. Both have have size up front, Celts have great wings in Tatum/ Brown. Cavs basically have no wings but probably the best back court in the NBA right now in Garland/ Mitchell.

He's been a revelation on the Knicks. I knew he was good, but I was at least a little skeptical of the signing. Been a home run so far.

Yeah I agree. I was happy when they signed him, best PG they've had in a million years. But was a little worried how his game would translate. He can shoot 3's, but he really did his best work with Dallas inside the paint, with all his pseudo post moves. Worked with Dallas because they had a ton of shooting, whereas the Knicks...don't. I thought the floor would be really cramped for him.

But if you look at his shot chart, he's taking about 15% of his shots within 3 feet, same as last year. Though he is shooting a lot worse, only 49.5% vs 54.5% in that area. Probably because he's dealing with more defenders. But overall, his efficiency is only a tick below where it was last year, and he went from being assisted on 27% of his 2 pointers and 81% of his 3's down to 17% and 58%. (Possible red flag is he is getting a lot fewer assisted 3 pointers, so a lot more off the dribble, and shooting about the same as he did last year. If you were being negative you could say that trend is unlikely to persist.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom