NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Happy Anniversary to the worst rendition of the National Anthem ever before Bulls/Nets...

Ha! I swear I didn’t see this post before linking it in the national anthem thread on the hoops board.

Hilarious.

So, game report - Anthony Edwards is on and that dude is keeping the Wolves in this game by himself. He is crazy smooth.

Ingram is back which is fun to see but he's rusty. McCollum is good, he does a lot for New Orleans.

Refs have made some questionable calls, a Pelicans coach just got tossed, everyone is yelling "ref you suck! Ref you suck!" and the Wolves took 5 straight free throws and now the place is rocking trying to will the Pelicans back.

Friggin awesome

Who held it before? Dirk?
Good guess.
The real answer required more effort to find than I had to give. If Kevin Durant is really 7 feet tall, it would have to be him. Since he's always been listed at 6'9" or 6'10'' it isn't.

Good guess.
The real answer required more effort to find than I had to give. If Kevin Durant is really 7 feet tall, it would have to be him. Since he's always been listed at 6'9" or 6'10'' it isn't.

Not sure how reliable this source is. My guess would have been Porzingis, who is third on the list. Apparently it's Brook Lopez??

Third time Curry gets tossed for throwing a fit & throwing his mouthpiece into the crowd — and in the final minute of a tight game. You’d think someone this bright would’ve learned his lesson after the first two ejections. He’s lucky the target of his hissy fit, Jordan Poole, saved his tush.

Last edited:
I still like the Grizzlies. I suppose I have not followed or missed much of their on the court drama this year which may be the reason for my view.

They are cocky, but I really respect how that team was built and became good pretty quickly after moving on from Gasol/Conley era. Really good management that hit their two premium picks, and have done a great job in drafting young supporting role / other starters typically outside of the lottery. The team plays sound basketball despite being cocky, and Morant is perhaps the most exciting player in the league.

They could have chose to tank in 2020 but they let the team play as well as possible unlike OKC. They have only really had one good season (in 2022) so I don't understand why they are being slagged by a few for always coming up short -- this is only the second year they are really good in the regular season. I think they have this and at least another year to be viewed as chokers of sorts.
They haven’t accomplished squat but they’re always yapping and talking like they’ve done something.

They need to be humbled. In fact it might be the best thing for them long term if they get bounced round 1 this year. Maybe like Seattle in ‘94 and ‘95, before they matured and went to the finals in ‘96.

This log jam is nuts. The Lakers are currently 13th in the West, but only 3 games back from hosting a playoff series.

1674827628418.png

This log jam is nuts. The Lakers are currently 13th in the West, but only 3 games back from hosting a playoff series.

View attachment 224511
4-12 in the west going to come down who stays healthy and who doesn't at the right time. I think it's really that simple. Too many games with key guys sitting out for most of these games. I think the playoffs are going to be wild

View attachment 224511
A team or two will go on a run, and a few will go in the opposite direction, but yeah, this is really uncharacteristic of the west.

What's also wild is I feel like the East teams have separated themselves from each other more, but I'm not sure they've really broken away from the NBA pack in general. The records are better, but not so sure the teams are.

View attachment 224511
Two weeks left until the trade deadline. Some of these teams will be buyers and some will be sellers. Some might be neither and some might be both. I'm wondering if a team like Sacramento as the 3 seed, and in this spot for the first time in a million years, tries to hit a home run.

I'm wondering if a team like Sacramento as the 3 seed, and in this spot for the first time in a million years, tries to hit a home run.
I really want them to make the playoffs. I loved those early 2000s King teams. It's been 16 years. The second longest drought in the league is Charlotte at 6 years.

Last edited:
Two weeks left until the trade deadline. Some of these teams will be buyers and some will be sellers. Some might be neither and some might be both. I'm wondering if a team like Sacramento as the 3 seed, and in this spot for the first time in a million years, tries to hit a home run.
I haven't watched them, are they legit? I looked at their roster, and they have no real superstar. But, they have a bunch of really nice players. I always liked Sabonis, and he seems to be killing it there.

I haven't watched them, are they legit? I looked at their roster, and they have no real superstar. But, they have a bunch of really nice players. I always liked Sabonis, and he seems to be killing it there.
Good starting five. De'Aaron Fox is really good. Possible all-star. Highest scoring team in the league. Not great defensively. Good backup guards. No depth to speak of up front.

I really want them to make the playoffs. I loved those early 2000s King teams. It's been 16 years. The second longest drought in the league is Charlotte at 6 years.

C-Webb and J-Will were about as dynamic of a PG-F combo in modern NBA history.

Btw I think I'm gonna call J-Will "Chocolate Blanco" from here on out.

I see John Hollinger addressed this topic today. Who's buying? Who's selling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom