NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

C-Webb and J-Will were about as dynamic of a PG-F combo in modern NBA history.

Btw I think I'm gonna call J-Will "Chocolate Blanco" from here on out.

Throw in Vlade at Center. Super fun team, especially in that era, where the league was still a few years away from lightening up on the hand check rules

Two weeks left until the trade deadline. Some of these teams will be buyers and some will be sellers. Some might be neither and some might be both. I'm wondering if a team like Sacramento as the 3 seed, and in this spot for the first time in a million years, tries to hit a home run.
My kid hopes so.

Throw in Vlade at Center. Super fun team, especially in that era, where the league was still a few years away from lightening up on the hand check rules
Peja could really shoot it too.

And after they moved on from Williams, I remember Mike Bibby absolutely destroying my Lakers in the playoffs. He wasn’t nearly as fun as Williams, but he had a few years where he was awfully solid.

And after they moved on from Williams, I remember Mike Bibby absolutely destroying my Lakers in the playoffs. He wasn’t nearly as fun as Williams, but he had a few years where he was awfully solid.
I can't tell you how badly I wanted the Kings to win that series in 2002.

I can't tell you how badly I wanted the Kings to win that series in 2002.
Yeah, I absolutely get it.

Repeat champs going for 3 and a team that’s talked about in the media nonstop, with stupid drama constantly being hyped, and arguably has the two best players in b-ball vs. the upstart Kings coming into their own and playing both fantastic and aesthetically pleasing to watch b-ball.

That series was great b-ball. As a b-ball fan I wish we got THAT Webber for longer. He was very good- great his whole career but if they had won it - that would be remembered as a Bill Walton-esque season. He was amazing that year.

You know, it's funny, because I have Jackson on my fantasy, and I get alerts all the time about him having games with 4 blocks. I've wondered what was up with that.
I do too, and it’s also in my league where you have 96 guard minutes, 96 forward minutes, and 48 center minutes to fill for each game. So guys who are most productive across the board in their minutes are the most valuable. Jackson has been one of the best players in the league in that format and my team has been on an absolute roll after a slow start when Jackson and LaMelo Ball were hurt.

Couldn’t the whistle have been blown AFTER the season? Smh. I’ve got a great shot at winning some money here!

I do too, and it’s also in my league where you have 96 guard minutes, 96 forward minutes, and 48 center minutes to fill for each game. So guys who are most productive across the board in their minutes are the most valuable. Jackson has been one of the best players in the league in that format and my team has been on an absolute roll after a slow start when Jackson and LaMelo Ball were hurt.

Couldn’t the whistle have been blown AFTER the season? Smh. I’ve got a great shot at winning some money here!

The guy who figured this out (amazing work) should've kept it under wraps and checked to see if Jackson's blocks+steals betting totals were significantly different on home vs road and if they werent, made some money betting the overs at home and the unders on the road. (Also, the cynic in me wonders if he noticed this a while ago, had been doing it, and now the books have caught up and he cant make money betting it so he's telling people about it. Either way, incredible find).

I remember reading a message board thread from like 15 years ago where a former scorekeeper from the 80s and 90s talked about how there was some kind of understanding between scorekeepers to take care of the star players when they were on the road. So, if you're the scorekeeper in Utah, for instance, when the Spurs are in town you make sure to give the benefit of the doubt on blocks to David Robinson and then when the Jazz were in San Antonio their guy would make sure Stockton got the benefit of the doubt on assists.

I started thinking about this more when I started betting (unprofitably, of course) on NBA player props. Points and rebounds are pretty tough to game for sure, but assists? A lot easier

The guy who figured this out (amazing work) should've kept it under wraps and checked to see if Jackson's blocks+steals betting totals were significantly different on home vs road and if they werent, made some money betting the overs at home and the unders on the road. (Also, the cynic in me wonders if he noticed this a while ago, had been doing it, and now the books have caught up and he cant make money betting it so he's telling people about it. Either way, incredible find).

I remember reading a message board thread from like 15 years ago where a former scorekeeper from the 80s and 90s talked about how there was some kind of understanding between scorekeepers to take care of the star players when they were on the road. So, if you're the scorekeeper in Utah, for instance, when the Spurs are in town you make sure to give the benefit of the doubt on blocks to David Robinson and then when the Jazz were in San Antonio their guy would make sure Stockton got the benefit of the doubt on assists.

I started thinking about this more when I started betting (unprofitably, of course) on NBA player props. Points and rebounds are pretty tough to game for sure, but assists? A lot easier

Yeah, I definitely remember some smoke about how assists were scored in some places compared to others. And yeah, there is definitely a major gray area there. There’s lots of times where a good pass is made to someone who then makes a move and scores - and I doubt there’s perfect consistency on whether an assist is given or not.

I’ve also never bothered to find out how steals are scored when there’s a tipped pass that someone else steals after the deflection. Generally I assume they give it to the guy “more” responsible for forcing the turnover? But what if they both make great plays? Can they both be given a steal on the same play? Kinda think steals should broken into more specific categories…..count deflections as a stat, deflections that lead to turnovers as a stat, loose balls grabbed off deflections as a stat, etc.

They were a better team with Bibby.

They should’ve grabbed a rebound in game 4, and won game 7 at home, no? That’s what champions do.
Champions shouldn’t be required to win five games in a seven-game series.

Let the record show that I wanted the Lakers to draft Fox over Lonzo Ball.

Give me the reigns, Jeanie.
All I needed to see was the sweet 16 game when Lonzo got dominated by Fox.

He's bullish on the Kings? Is he a fan of Huerter?
Huge Fox fan. He keeps telling me they’re standings in the playoffs with incredulity in his voice. He can’t believe they’re finally competitive.

Should explain why Patrick showed the ref the camera. He showed him a photo of LeBron getting fouled going to the basket on the last play of a tie game. Refs swallowed their whistles, though. Should’ve choked on ‘em. Brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom