NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Steph and Draymond on GS

Paul in Phoenix

How Kobe was in LA

Lebron back in Cleveland

Giannis in Mil

Lillard

Not sure saying Jimmy wore out his welcome at prior stops is the whole story. I bet Embiid would take him back tomorrow.
Think Paul and Draymond are just dickheads for the most part.

Chris Paul’s my least favorite “superstar” but he’s a leader. I think KD knows hes great and thinks people should just appreciate him as a player and leave it at that.

Paul plays like a dickhead, but the fact that he is president of the players association indicates he must have some leadership skills.

Of course Kyrie also plays a key role in the PA so who knows, maybe they get voted to the roles as punishment!

Chris Paul’s my least favorite “superstar” but he’s a leader. I think KD knows hes great and thinks people should just appreciate him as a player and leave it at that.
Paul has been on 4 teams in the last 5 or 6 years and most his Clippers teammates were not fans.

Paul plays like a dickhead, but the fact that he is president of the players association indicates he must have some leadership skills.

Of course Kyrie also plays a key role in the PA so who knows, maybe they get voted to the roles as punishment!
Buddies with the banana boat crew.

I would be amused if Kyrie was traded to the Kings. It would be such a Sacramento thing to do, and would be amusing to see Kyrie have to go there.

Kyrie for Harrison Barnes and Richaun Holmes (+picks) works.

Would have liked him on the Raptors via the MLE, but I suspect a number of teams made offers for him.

Good signing for the Knicks. Don't know the exact "why's" but the Clippers were only able to offer about $5m per the CBA and had to use the MLE (which they used on Wall), so it was a certainty that he was going to leave.

What's a leader mean in the NBA? Jimmy Butler wearing out his welcome everywhere because everyone hates him? LeBron bailing on Cleveland and Miami? I don't even know who qualifies.

I'd say people who win, but super alpha Jimmy Butler has made one finals and Kevin Durant is a two time finals MVP.

I like the Hartenstein signing btw.

I was just talking about this with my wife yesterday. Used both Paul and Irving as examples of athletes in leadership roles who shouldn’t be. Perhaps it says more about the rest of the players if this is the best they can do.

Monk to Sac is interesting.

Would have liked him on the Raptors via the MLE, but I suspect a number of teams made offers for him.

Good signing for the Knicks. Don't know the exact "why's" but the Clippers were only able to offer about $5m per the CBA and had to use the MLE (which they used on Wall), so it was a certainty that he was going to leave.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall (no pun intended) when the Clips tried to use their trade exception to acquire Noel.

Backup center will be the only weakness next year, although they play a lot of small ball anyway.

I'd say people who win, but super alpha Jimmy Butler has made one finals and Kevin Durant is a two time finals MVP.

I like the Hartenstein signing btw.
Butler has Herro and Bam. KD had the Golden State Warriors who are now doing it without him.

Right on time.

Here comes the Celtics

Milwaukee got a bunch of role guys to re-sign.

Jokic just signed largest deal ever.

Milwaukee got a bunch of role guys to re-sign.

Jokic just signed largest deal ever.
Ingles could help them if hes not washed post injury.

Knicks to Nets. Take our team, please
Knicks to Brunson. Sign for an exemption and we will cover you next year

Draymond is not cheap shot guy like Paul, and he is a winner. I could do with out some of his antics, but we all loved Devo's passion at SU.

Last edited:
Knicks to Nets. Take our team, please
Knicks to Brunson. Sign for an exemption and we will cover you next year
Think the 20% raise rule stops those kind of shenanigans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuselegend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom