NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He could just tell the Nets to boot Kyrie.

KD wants to be held in the highest levels, he has to make places better, not chase better situations.
Tough to do when he's probably got 2 years left at the tip top of his powers.

Miami & Phoenix said to be his preferred destinations. Miami can only put together a Herro pupu platter so think their out. Phoenix with a sign & trade Ayton + Bridges or Cam would be a pretty high end package I'd think.

Rapidly losing respect for Durant. What is he doing
Finding a team culture that’ll allow him to add rings because unlike Lebron and Giannis he’s not good enough or strong enough of a leader to do that himself.

I say that as a non-Lebron fan.

Remove KD from the top 10 talk and slide Steph in there.

Miami & Phoenix said to be his preferred destinations. Miami can only put together a Herro pupu platter so think their out. Phoenix with a sign & trade Ayton + Bridges or Cam would be a pretty high end package I'd think.

The Nets would absolutely boot him if KD said to boot him.

Who's taking him at $36m? They'd have to trade him for Russ or some other garbage pile or unload assets attached to him.

Who's taking him at $36m? They'd have to trade him for Russ or some other garbage pile or unload assets attached to him.

Right who knows what you get back for him in that scenario.

I dont know if I've made this comment before, but someone (twitter maybe? i cant remember) made this observation once. The nba calendar is actually like this

1) the regular season = the off season
2) the playoffs= the regular season
3) the off-season= the playoffs

and. it's kinda true?

Wonder if the Celtics try to move Jalen Brown to bring KD over.

I would absolutely hate it but you never know

Why did everyone hate Melo again?
Melo spent his youth/apex between two teams on the outside looking in.

KD’s just looking for whatevers already built and where he wont be expected to do anything other than play

I don't think the team doing the sign and trade can add other players to the deal. I think the trade has to be for just the one player signing.

This would never work but maybe Brooklyn goes for Mitchell as the key piece in a deal for Durant.

I think the Nets have intended to trade Kyrie this entire offseason. As I said a few days after Kyrie exercised the PO, I thought many were making a wrong assumption that Kyrie wanted to try to make it work in Brooklyn and that Durant was no longer on the trade block. .

I believe the player option move by Kyrie was almost certainly a mutually beneficial decision for both parties (Kyrie and the Nets) that no longer had any interest in each other. His signing the PO made it easier for Kyrie to get to another team via trade (with Kyrie getting more $ compensation) and also made it much easier for the Nets to extract value from trading Kyrie. Sign and trades are much harder than regular trades.

I don't think KD is fully doing this to get away from Kyrie -- I don't think he is saying trade Kyrie and I will stay.
He does this because he realizes Kyrie is going away, and while they got some value back for Kyrie it will not be enough for the Nets to compete for a title. With Kyrie around at least they had a chance of being very good if things went right. So he wants out as well.

Some may be supportive of KD getting away, some not. The argument can go both ways. Some can feel bad that he got caught in the Kyrie experience and now wants out and that has merit -- but one can counter the point and say that he was the one that hitched his wagon with Kyrie who was not exactly Captain Sanity in the summer of 2019 either. He made his bed, and now asking to leave is chicken poop. As I said I can see both - guys looking to leave and hook up with others is not that unique in the NBA.

Lol Kyrie.

Don’t think KD fits into Miami culture.

Should unfollow that dbag Nick Wright. It's supporting a generic version Skip or Stephen A who are bottom of the barrel to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom