NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I don't think the team doing the sign and trade can add other players to the deal. I think the trade has to be for just the one player signing.

This would never work but maybe Brooklyn goes for Mitchell as the key piece in a deal for Durant.
Think he'd threaten to retire before heading somewhere like Utah, Cleveland, Detroit type spots.

Should unfollow that dbag Nick Wright. It's supporting a generic version Skip or Stephen A who are bottom of the barrel to begin with.
I actually don’t follow or even remember who he is. It showed up in my timeline though.

Lol Kyrie.

Don’t think KD fits into Miami culture.
He can fit in anywhere. He's never been the issue at any stop. He made 1 bad decision to follow a weirdo friend and that probably works out if not for injuiries and a global pandemic.

Who's taking him at $36m? They'd have to trade him for Russ or some other garbage pile or unload assets attached to him.

As a $36m expiring you can find packages out there that return largely expirings and a few futures. But you are not going to get great offers. The fact that Kyrie is an expiring, hopefully on good behavior for his next contract, probably makes a contending team more likely to take a chance on him as well.

Some expiring contracts that end in 2023 that would go a long way to the $27 million or so minimum that would need to go out for Kyrie

Kristaps Porzingis - 31.7
Kevin Love - 30.1
D'angelo Russell - 29.3
Horford - 27.3
Barnes - 21.2

I can see Washington make a move, because well its Washington.
Of course he is not going to end up in Cleveland or Boston, although both would be hilarious if it could happen.

As a $36m expiring you can find packages out there that return largely expirings and a few futures. But you are not going to get great offers. The fact that Kyrie is an expiring, hopefully on good behavior for his next contract, probably makes a contending team more likely to take a chance on him as well.

Some expiring contracts that end in 2023 that would go a long way to the $27 million or so minimum that would need to go out for Kyrie

Kristaps Porzingis - 31.7
Kevin Love - 30.1
D'angelo Russell - 29.3
Horford - 27.3
Barnes - 21.2

I can see Washington make a move, because well its Washington.
Of course he is not going to end up in Cleveland or Boston, although both would be hilarious if it could happen.
That works if you own your own picks and downgrade talent that drastically. The next 1st of their own they control is 2028. Far better off just keeping him, Simmons and whatever comes back for KD. IF they get full seasons from both guys then they're solid.

Which might be what KD needs.

Jimmy Butler isn't going to put up with any crap.

Which ever team trades for Durant will need a strong established leadership presence like Kyle Lowry when the Raptors acquired Kawhi Leonard. I am not sure if Butler or Lowry (as a Heat player) has that same presence, but they may.

As great a player as Kawhi is on the court, a total professional on the court that gives it his all, he was given some preferential treatment by Raptors management to deal with his various needs. Apparently near mid season there was a near implosion in the Raptors locker room between Kawhi and a group of Raptors (Fred Van Vleet being the primary one). Lowry was essentially Mr. Raptor - he did an effective job being in the middle and put the more mediocre players in their place and told them to follow Kawhi's lead on the court and stop complaining about the rest. He had the respect of all sides so it worked.

He can fit in anywhere. He's never been the issue at any stop. He made 1 bad decision to follow a weirdo friend and that probably works out if not for injuiries and a global pandemic.
I agree. Like him or not, when the ball goes up for the opening tip, he balls out.

Think he'd threaten to retire before heading somewhere like Utah, Cleveland, Detroit type spots.
Eh, Utah would actually contend with him on the roster and mad man Ainfe behind the scenes.

Cleveland and Detroit have growing up to do, although I like where both are headed.

Eh, Utah would actually contend with him on the roster and mad man Ainfe behind the scenes.

Cleveland and Detroit have growing up to do, although I like where both are headed.
I'm just talking about the cities themselves. Otherwise New Orleans could throw a heckuva package Brooklyns way and be a possible contender.

That works if you own your own picks and downgrade talent that drastically. The next 1st of their own they control is 2028. Far better off just keeping him, Simmons and whatever comes back for KD. IF they get full seasons from both guys then they're solid.

In an ideal world sure, but I'm not sure the Nets think they can rely on Kyrie and may want to cut loose for a few futures.

Also the nets can "tank" in 2023, because that is a trade swap with the Rockets. I don't think the Rockets have any interest in pushing for a playoff spot this year. So the Nets will get a good pick in 2023 if things go to hell this year. Becomes much more problematic after this year however.

Kevin Durant is a guy who seems to love basketball more than anything and is constantly working at it. I think he fits in just fine in Miami.

I'm just talking about the cities themselves. Otherwise New Orleans could throw a heckuva package Brooklyns way and be a possible contender.

If Durant is fine with New Orleans, I think that is the best fit as well.

New Orleans has so many young / youngish players, and still have plenty of draft capital. Even if they give up assets for Durant they will still have plenty of young assets.

At some point you can only have so many young players -- I don't think its the worst thing to try to balance it with a veteran -- there are sometimes diminishing returns from trying to bring up to large of a core (in terms of players) at once.

I might throw a $50 down on New Orleans to win the NBA title in case any trade gets done.

NO should definitely get in that race.

I don't think KD would retire if he gets dealt someplace that isn't a preferred spot. He's way too sensitive about his legacy already. That would put the nail in the coffin.

Odds at June 20 per MGM, so some may have changed.

But wondering what teams could try to make a big move for Durant and get a huge hike in odds?

Looking at the Chicago Bulls - they have future picks available, a mix of vets (that the Nets could flip) and a few younger guys like Williams and Dosonmu. Could they be a surprise team to make a push for Durant?

1656623150427.png

1656623198790.png

1656623237102.png

Kevin Durant is a guy who seems to love basketball more than anything and is constantly working at it. I think he fits in just fine in Miami.
Confuses me when people talk about him like he's a cancer of some kind. Dude just plays his balls off and never seems to complain about anything even when he probably should (Russ, Kyrie/Harden).

Confuses me when people talk about him like he's a cancer of some kind. Dude just plays his balls off and never seems to complain about anything even when he probably should (Russ, Kyrie/Harden).
It’s the weird Twitter interactions. He’s sensitive. I think that means he’s more real.

Dont think he’s a cancer. Think he’s a B type personality who doesn’t want to be a leader. He wont cause trouble, thats not the issue imo.

Dont think he’s a cancer. Think he’s a B type personality who doesn’t want to be a leader. He wont cause trouble, thats not the issue imo.
What's a leader mean in the NBA? Jimmy Butler wearing out his welcome everywhere because everyone hates him? LeBron bailing on Cleveland and Miami? I don't even know who qualifies.

What's a leader mean in the NBA? Jimmy Butler wearing out his welcome everywhere because everyone hates him? LeBron bailing on Cleveland and Miami? I don't even know who qualifies.
Steph and Draymond on GS

Paul in Phoenix

How Kobe was in LA

Lebron back in Cleveland

Giannis in Mil

Lillard

Not sure saying Jimmy wore out his welcome at prior stops is the whole story. I bet Embiid would take him back tomorrow.

Odds at June 20 per MGM, so some may have changed.

But wondering what teams could try to make a big move for Durant and get a huge hike in odds?

Looking at the Chicago Bulls - they have future picks available, a mix of vets (that the Nets could flip) and a few younger guys like Williams and Dosonmu. Could they be a surprise team to make a push for Durant?

View attachment 218081

View attachment 218082

View attachment 218083
The Clippers are +650 now (after the Wall news broke).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom