NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Seems like a great deal for the Lakers. Getting 3 players who can help now.

TWolves get a replacement for Russell who was leaving and 3 second rounders... so they come out OK I suppose.

Ainge essentially gives up Conley, Beasley, Vanderbilt, 3 seconds for a 27 top 4 protected pick. Conley was not worth much due to contract, Beasley (maybe a 2nd), Vanderbilt (maybe a protected 1st). Add up all their value + 3 seconds and its probably worth more that the 27 Lakers pick. That being said the 27 Lakers pick has the highest upside value of any of the pieces above.. and Utah has plenty of fringe picks, so went for more upside pick. I suppose its OK-- Ainge swings for what could be a lottery pick in 2027 -- unfortunately that pick has top 4 protection.

Lakers - A (unfortunately)
T-Wolves - C
Jazz - B-

Last edited:
I mean……we all know Jordan was a better scorer than LeBron. Has anyone ever said otherwise?

That LeBron is still playing at this level at this age is absolutely insane. Nobody has been one of the elite players in the league for longer than LeBron.

The GOAT arguments are sooooo tired, lol. Who even cares?
I am not going to argue one way or another, but Lebron is also 4th on the NBA all time assists list. Jordan is 50th, which isn't too shabby, but 4th for the all time scoring leader is pretty sick.

"I understand that this person claims it was his daughter; he is lying," Hall told The Times. "It was definitely not his daughter, it was a male. We know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female."

According to the Post, Thomas referred to a Thursday "incident" at Rye Country Day high school, where Lauren, his 6-foot tall daughter, is a senior and plays basketball.

I always thought this was the under the radar worst thing Isiah did. Trying to say his daughter was the one who OD'd (this is sure what it seemed like) when it was him. He should be trying to protect his kids! If she really was the one who had the incident he should've said it was him instead!

This happened like a mile or two from where I grew up, this was def a story at the time in the area at least

Seems like a great deal for the Lakers. Getting 3 players who can help now.

TWolves get a replacement for Russell who was leaving and 3 second rounders... so they come out OK I suppose.

Ainge essentially gives up Conley, Beasley, Vanderbilt, 3 seconds for a 27 top 4 protected pick. Conley was not worth much due to contract, Beasley (maybe a 2nd), Vanderbilt (maybe a protected 1st). Add up all their value + 3 seconds and its probably worth more that the 27 Lakers pick. That being said the 27 Lakers pick has the highest upside value of any of the pieces above.. and Utah has plenty of fringe picks, so went for more upside pick. I suppose its OK-- Ainge swings for what could be a lottery pick in 2027 -- unfortunately that pick has top 4 protection.

Lakers - A (unfortunately)
T-Wolves - C
Jazz - B-
To me the lakers gave up nothing. A first round pick 4 years from now ? We could all be sipping food through a straw by then

They get rid of westbrick too.

He started earlier however he broke the scoring record while shooting 845 less shots than Kareem when Kareem broke it, when he passed Jordan on the list he took 1262 less shots. It’s not just longevity, it’s efficiency. He’s the greatest basketball player there’s ever been.
Kareem gets less respect because he didn’t shoot threes? That’s ridiculous.

So the Knicks traded a first to acquire Reddish and then traded a first to get rid of him. Chef’s kiss.

Not sure if you can look at it as giving a first to get rid of him. He was just expiring salary filler to get Josh Hart for a first..

Certainly one wasted first to get him, but not two lost because of him.

The Spurs are running it up on young players and draft capital now, with 13 first-round picks secured through 2029 --- and the expectation that they'll gather even more between now and the 3 PM ET trade deadline later today.

In the Hart-Reddish deal, the Knicks are sending the Blazers a lottery protected 2023 first-round pick that turns into four future second-round picks if not conveyed this year.

The Spurs are running it up on young players and draft capital now, with 13 first-round picks secured through 2029 --- and the expectation that they'll gather even more between now and the 3 PM ET trade deadline later today.
no way they can out suck the rockets.

Picture this. Rockets were up 1 with 1.7 seconds left and were inbounding the ball at HALF COURT. They lost.

Last edited:
Other side of the Jazz trade - they got themselves a load of cap room.

They won't use it on crazy free agents. It'll be used to facilitate teams getting off of bad contracts for good assets.
15 first rounders between now and 2029 and $60 million in cap space. Conversely, some teams have mortgaged the future to win now, yet you know they will fall short.

Props to the Suns. We finally have a team in the West for everyone to chase. Curious to see what other moves they make as they reshape the roster.

Re: other trades:

Lakers got a pretty nice deal though I tend to think their new Russell is arguably a downgrade from their old one. Beasley and Vanderbilt make it worth the gamble though. Probably doesn’t matter for Minnesota after the Durant trade, but I think Conley makes them a lot better and they were already pretty good. I guess solid for Utah to get something for their rebuild but it’s not an exciting return.

Hart is a pretty good player. Solid pickup for the Knicks. Could say this about Portland for years now but I’m not really sure what their end game is.

Funny to see Poeltl heading back to Toronto. Wonder what this means for all the other Raptor rumors that were out there. Also wonder who else San Antonio plans to trade away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom