NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Nets gets unprotected picks in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029.

The Nets are expected to explore trade scenarios for Jae Crowder ahead of today's 3 PM ET deadline.
Great trade by the Nets. Durant and CP3 have little left in the tank. Those future draft picks could be very valuable.

Other side of the Jazz trade - they got themselves a load of cap room.

They won't use it on crazy free agents. It'll be used to facilitate teams getting off of bad contracts for good assets.

tempFileForShare_20230209-024937.jpg

Great trade by the Nets. Durant and CP3 have little left in the tank. Those future draft picks could be very valuable.

And what evidence is there that Cp3 can make it through a deep playoff run as well, looks great on paper but at the end of the day Booker will be surrounded bby basically nothing in a couple years but hey if they were to win a title it will be worth it but that will be the only acceptable outcome, don't love these HUGE trades but fun for fans regardless.

I think an argument can be made for both.
I think Brooklyn wanted some futures, but was looking to still compete this year.

And Dinwiddie + DFA >>> Westbrook in terms of impacting this year. So in that regard the Dallas trade was superior

27+29 Lakers picks vs 29 Mavs Pick. Value wise the Lakers picks are better -- its a long way away but if you had to bet which one will be the "best" pick, it would be the Mavs pick for me, simply because the Lakers market status which makes it easier for them to reload.
The Nets had to know Durant was gone too. Two role player vets are useless for them.

This phrase is overused but the Nets are a horribly run organization. They acquired stars by accident, mostly because of the fact that Kyrie grew up a fan of the team and was from the NJ Nets area, and then he brought his friends. They had no team culture really to speak of prior to acquiring him, just a young upstart team trying to figure it out. They then decided to act like they had a team culture when they got the star players and stand on morals they never had to uphold their nonexistent reputation in the league. Then let the media decide how they should respond to the non-basketball related opinions of the players, which forced them out.

Now back to square one. Their owner literally said he'd rather be a 40 win team than win a championship if it meant he did it the "right way", type of nonsense is that?

Anyone with two brain cells saw this happening. The mantra of get something for nothing has left them with role players in exchange for three Top 20 players and certified HoFers. They will teach classes at Harvard Business School on what not to do as an executive.

This phrase is overused but the Nets are a horribly run organization. They acquired stars by accident, mostly because of the fact that Kyrie grew up a fan of the team and was from the NJ Nets area, and then he brought his friends. They had no team culture really to speak of prior to acquiring him, just a young upstart team trying to figure it out. They then decided to act like they had a team culture when they got the star players and stand on morals they never had to uphold their nonexistent reputation in the league. Then let the media decide how they should respond to the non-basketball related opinions of the players, which forced them out.

Now back to square one. Their owner literally said he'd rather be a 40 win team than win a championship if it meant he did it the "right way", type of nonsense is that?

They were doing it the right way with the young guys and Kenny Atkinson. I think they have decent talent evaluators and seem to draft well but the minute they acquired Kyrie it was the beginning of the end. If they stay the course add some vet pieces along the way and keep drafting I would be curious to see how that panned out. Brooklyn tried to run with the big dogs as opposed to the smaller markets, probably should have used a bit more of a hybrid approach, the franchise been like a runaway freight train for a few years now. Disaster. They are now just a bunch of wings and strange draft picks.

Anyone with two brain cells saw this happening. The mantra of get something for nothing has left them with role players in exchange for three Top 20 players and certified HoFers. They will teach classes at Harvard Business School on what not to do as an executive.

And they received the future draft picks and got rid of big salaries. Now they need to break it down maybe even further and build it back up.

no way they can out suck the rockets.

Picture this. Rockets were up 1 with 1.7 seconds left and were inbounding the ball at HALF COURT. They lost.
You don't have to out suck them. Bottom 4 teams all have the same odds at #1.

no way they can out suck the rockets.

Picture this. Rockets were up 1 with 1.7 seconds left and were inbounding the ball at HALF COURT. They lost.

Brutal sequence, was it a foul at the on the Fox 3 pointer? I couldn't really tell? The inbounds pass was atrocious. Their coach is going to stroke out by the end of the year, dude is so done

The Nets were completely in the gutter after the Celtics trade blew up on them, and they built the roster up more quickly than anyone thought they could despite being out basically all of their draft picks.

Obviously things didn't go as planned after they made the pivot with KD/Kyrie, but even with that being said, if just one of Harden/Kyrie is healthy for the 21 playoffs theres a pretty good chance they win a ring. And while Kyrie was always going to be a headache, it really seemed like what blew up the Harden/Kyrie/KD trio was Kyrie's reaction to the vaccine, which, hard to totally blame the Nets for not seeing the pandemic coming.

I don't love defending the Nets all that much. So I'll end by saying I am ok with the Knicks trade, but curious to see how Hart fits into the rotation.

They were doing it the right way with the young guys and Kenny Atkinson. I think they have decent talent evaluators and seem to draft well but the minute they acquired Kyrie it was the beginning of the end. If they stay the course add some vet pieces along the way and keep drafting I would be curious to see how that panned out. Brooklyn tried to run with the big dogs as opposed to the smaller markets, probably should have used a bit more of a hybrid approach, the franchise been like a runaway freight train for a few years now. Disaster. They are now just a bunch of wings and strange draft picks.
They were also a Kevin Durant toe on the line away from possibly winning a title since they would've knocked off the eventual champs. It was worth taking the shot then and it's worth taking the shot now for the Suns.

The Nets were completely in the gutter after the Celtics trade blew up on them, and they built the roster up more quickly than anyone thought they could despite being out basically all of their draft picks.

Obviously things didn't go as planned after they made the pivot with KD/Kyrie, but even with that being said, if just one of Harden/Kyrie is healthy for the 21 playoffs theres a pretty good chance they win a ring. And while Kyrie was always going to be a headache, it really seemed like what blew up the Harden/Kyrie/KD trio was Kyrie's reaction to the vaccine, which, hard to totally blame the Nets for not seeing the pandemic coming.

I don't love defending the Nets all that much. So I'll end by saying I am ok with the Knicks trade, but curious to see how Hart fits into the rotation.

After listening to Nets fans talk trash to me for 3 hours at the 2019 draft, I have no sympathy for them watching this thing crash and burn.

They were also a Kevin Durant toe on the line away from possibly winning a title since they would've knocked off the eventual champs. It was worth taking the shot then and it's worth taking the shot now for the Suns.

They were a toe away from playing the eastern conference finals that was all that was guaranteed. Nobody knows what happens after that. I don't see how leaving a franchise in a complete shambles for accomplishing nothing is worth it. They gambled, doubled, tripled and quadrupled down and they lost every time. It was reckless. They won one playoff series. To me that is not worth it. Sooner or later you need to put your $ away and take the loss.

When the tail wags the dog this is what happens

Last edited:
Yeah, I love that the Suns are all chips in. Of all seasons to go for it, why not this one? No real juggernaut it seems.

Brutal sequence, was it a foul at the on the Fox 3 pointer? I couldn't really tell? The inbounds pass was atrocious. Their coach is going to stroke out by the end of the year, dude is so done
Gordon rode Fox once he was airborne so it for sure was a foul. Silas is an awful / horrendous coach. The players have no respect for him. He doesn’t play Washington or Christopher enough. It’s really scary in that these kids they’ve drafted are being ruined

Gordon rode Fox once he was airborne so it for sure was a foul. Silas is an awful / horrendous coach. The players have no respect for him. He doesn’t play Washington or Christopher enough. It’s really scary in that these kids they’ve drafted are being ruined

Yeah Silas stinks, they need to bring in a veteran coach to at least settle things down for a couple years. The players won't like it and by the time they are really ready to win and matured you can bring back players type coach. You can tell there is a lack of control there

They were a toe away from playing the eastern conference finals that was all that was guaranteed. Nobody knows what happens after that. I don't see how leaving a franchise in a complete shambles for accomplishing nothing is worth it. They gambled, doubled, tripled and quadrupled down and they lost every time. It was reckless. They won one playoff series. To me that is not worth it. Sooner or later you need to put your $ away and take the loss.

People always assume the shot still goes in if Durant is behind the line…that’s not necessarily true. It wasn’t exactly a perfect swish to begin with.

People always assume the shot still goes in if Durant is behind the line…that’s not necessarily true. It wasn’t exactly a perfect swish to begin with.

You made me go back and watch it, it was a little long I think. So I guess if he was just a scooch back maybe its still fine? But who knows.

To me the point is more about how thin the margins are. They lose in the second round and are a failure, but if one miniscule thing goes the other way they (IMO of course) end up winning the title.

I went to that game 7. I was a neutral observer. (Ok i was def rooting for the Bucks). But I just remember how Q4 and OT were just so damn tense. You could feel it. Both teams felt totally exhausted. Bucks won the OT period 6-2, and that includes 2 FT Brook Lopez made after he was fouled essentially right at the buzzer, so it 4-2 in the competitive portion of the OT. I'm reading the PBP, Nets scored on the first possession of OT, then didnt score for the final 4 and a half minutes. Bucks didn't score in the first 3:45 of OT.

Only 1 team can win per year. Main point is to have a chance at being that team. Being in the middle and not mattering and not getting a top 5 pick is the worst place to exist. Either be at the very top or the very bottom.

Knicks have to do another deal - too many players who do the same thing.

Yeah, I love that the Suns are all chips in. Of all seasons to go for it, why not this one? No real juggernaut it seems.
If TJ Warren could get back to being 90% of what he was his last 2 healthy years they are going to be as good a bet as any to come out of the West. Might as well take the shot with Chris Paul approaching a cliff.

Only 1 team can win per year. Main point is to have a chance at being that team. Being in the middle and not mattering and not getting a top 5 pick is the worst place to exist. Either be at the very top or the very bottom.

But the path one takes to try and achieve that is what is in question here not the goal. Other than the Lebron's teams almost every NBA champion the past 20 years has been built organically not through high priced trades or free agency. It is LeBron as well. Yeah KD went to Golden St but the core group was already there.

Phoenix is the lastest taking that shot but with their new owner you kind of knew it would happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom