NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Since LeBron didn't go to college, didn't he start his career earlier than all of those mentioned except for Kobe? I'm guessing he won't be averaging 30 in 3 or 4 years. Still, it's an impressive feat.

Since LeBron didn't go to college, didn't he start his career earlier than all of those mentioned except for Kobe? I'm guessing he won't be averaging 30 in 3 or 4 years. Still, it's an impressive feat.

He won't be averaging 30 but I bet he'll be averaging more than 13 ppg, assuming he's still playing.

He won't be averaging 30 but I bet he'll be averaging more than 13 ppg, assuming he's still playing.
Agreed, but I don't think there's much comparison between him and Malone. My guess is probably low to mid 20s.

That's what makes it an interesting argument. In LBJ's first four seasons (from 18 to 22 years of age), he played 316 games and scored 8439 points. That obviously gave him a big head start. However, the counter argument is that he was playing 80 games a year vs older, more mature players, while the college guys were playing 30 games a year vs younger guys. More risk for injury for LBJ. That's why I said above, different eras for different players.

You look at the four years that MJ didn't play, and you could argue he would have been right there if he wanted to. I don't think it was a thing for him.

They were both great. Different eras. Different styles of play. To me, MJ will always be the goat, so I agree with Bayless, but if someone else argues for LBJ, I would call him the GOAT of the 21st Century. Just like Mikan was the GOAT of the 50's.

And actually if Bayless wanted to be Bayless, I think he could have taken the opinion that LBJ was the runaway GOAT.
They always quote MJ 6-0 in finals. As if it’s better to not make the finals than lose in it.

That's what makes it an interesting argument. In LBJ's first four seasons (from 18 to 22 years of age), he played 316 games and scored 8439 points. That obviously gave him a big head start. However, the counter argument is that he was playing 80 games a year vs older, more mature players, while the college guys were playing 30 games a year vs younger guys. More risk for injury for LBJ. That's why I said above, different eras for different players.

You look at the four years that MJ didn't play, and you could argue he would have been right there if he wanted to. I don't think it was a thing for him.

There’s just much more scoring in the NBA now than most years when Jordan played. Not even counting the 3 pt shot preference we have today. There are just more possessions

They always quote MJ 6-0 in finals. As if it’s better to not make the finals than lose in it.
If MJ doesn’t retire the first two times, there’s a good chance the Bulls appear in 10 Finals and win all of them. When LBJ didn’t like a situation, he left. When MJ didn’t like a situation, he retired. Either way, 6-0 is better than 4-6. And one of LBJ’s gets an asterisk. Going to 10 is impressive, no doubt. Going undefeated is just more impressive.

If MJ doesn’t retire the first two times, there’s a good chance the Bulls appear in 10 Finals and win all of them. When LBJ didn’t like a situation, he left. When MJ didn’t like a situation, he retired. Either way, 6-0 is better than 4-6. And one of LBJ’s gets an asterisk. Going to 10 is impressive, no doubt. Going undefeated is just more impressive.
Jordan wouldn’t be undefeated if he ran into those Warriors teams.

He started earlier however he broke the scoring record while shooting 845 less shots than Kareem when Kareem broke it, when he passed Jordan on the list he took 1262 less shots. It’s not just longevity, it’s efficiency. He’s the greatest basketball player there’s ever been.

Jordan wouldn’t be undefeated if he ran into those Warriors teams.
Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

He started earlier however he broke the scoring record while shooting 845 less shots than Kareem when Kareem broke it, when he passed Jordan on the list he took 1262 less shots. It’s not just longevity, it’s efficiency. He’s the greatest basketball player there’s ever been.
In your opinion. With different eras of basketball it's hard to compare. In your opinion he is. Others may disagree with who has the top spot. That's one of the great things about being a sports fan.

The points to shots thing is a product of the 3 pointer. MJ 581 LBJ 2237 KAJ 0
He had 1700 points more on 3 pointers than Jordan. Of course he needs fewer shots.
LBL is great. MJ is great. I think Wilt was the best.

And he took a lesser package just to stick it to Kyrie, because he took it personal.

Business Never Personal.

th
Tsai had the easiest job in the NBA next to Ballmer. All he had to do was sign the checks and be a fan. Instead, he wanted to be all in the video smh

sugeknight.gif

As a Mets fan, I know what a bad owner looks like and the Nets are plagued with one yet again. I wanted to see my team win a championship and that is never going to happen under this group.

Was it a lesser package, though?

I think an argument can be made for both.
I think Brooklyn wanted some futures, but was looking to still compete this year.

And Dinwiddie + DFA >>> Westbrook in terms of impacting this year. So in that regard the Dallas trade was superior

27+29 Lakers picks vs 29 Mavs Pick. Value wise the Lakers picks are better -- its a long way away but if you had to bet which one will be the "best" pick, it would be the Mavs pick for me, simply because the Lakers market status which makes it easier for them to reload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom