NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

This guy is a Bucks blogger so take it with a grain of salt, but speaking of asinine potential deals:

So the Mitchell deal but for Levine?

Larry David Reaction GIF

The Nets thing is just so crazy. It went just about as wrong as it possibly could've.

The big 3 vs big 2 is real interesting. It really seems like no matter what, Kyrie was going to blow the team up, especially after the vaccine thing.

If I am doing the math right, the Nets big 3 played 364 minutes together over 16 games. They had an offensive rating 126, and outscored teams by 15 points per 100. Just, you know. 16 games.
I loved the team the Nets had around Durant and Kyrie. Sure, Kyrie was going to blow things up at some point anyway, but that squad had depth too! Jarrett Allen made the all-star team last season! They could have had all kinds of situational lineups and matchup scenarios!

But nah, gots to get dem staaaaahhhhhhzzzzzzzz so they mortgaged everything for Harden.

James Harden.

Jimothy Harden.

Just let that sink in.

Didn't even give the potentially great team they had a shot.

So the Mitchell deal but for Levine?

Larry David Reaction GIF

For a player that is not as good as Mitchell, older and established injury risk.

That being said I imagine Ainge was looking for unprotected picks from the Knicks.
The Knicks have a handful of protected first (or at least 3). These have much less value.

I would have to think its these protected first that likely go after #18 in the end are what the Buls would get. I hope anyway.

I loved the team the Nets had around Durant and Kyrie. Sure, Kyrie was going to blow things up at some point anyway, but that squad had depth too! Jarrett Allen made the all-star team last season! They could have had all kinds of situational lineups and matchup scenarios!

But nah, gots to get dem staaaaahhhhhhzzzzzzzz so they mortgaged everything for Harden.

James Harden.

Jimothy Harden.

Just let that sink in.

Didn't even give the potentially great team they had a shot.

But what good is Jarrett Allen when you already have D'Andre Jordan??

I really can go either way with it. They had a nice frisky group around Kyrie and Durant. But like I said, I really think the big 3 era just went about as awful as it possibly could've have, they got like the worst potential outcome on every scenario, which makes it look awful in hindsight but I don't think the obviously wrong decision. They really were killing people when they had those guys. They just never had those guys. It's hard for me to see how the overall outcome (Kyrie out, KD following him) would've been any different. But I guess you wouldn't be stuck with Ben Simmons.

The Nets thing is just so crazy. It went just about as wrong as it possibly could've.

The big 3 vs big 2 is real interesting. It really seems like no matter what, Kyrie was going to blow the team up, especially after the vaccine thing.

If I am doing the math right, the Nets big 3 played 364 minutes together over 16 games. They had an offensive rating 126, and outscored teams by 15 points per 100. Just, you know. 16 games.

If you build a big 3 organically or a big 3 while retaining some future assets its fine.

But my issue is trading away everything for a big 3 instead of retaining a big 2:
1) Generally as I mentioned 1+1+1=2 as there is only so much ball.
2) You really diminish the ability your #4-#8 guys on your team due to salary issues.
3) And you don't have picks or room to easily improve those guys.
Basically it gives you more flexibility.

Not to say it couldn't work. It could certainly work. And it did work in those 16 games as you noted.

I just think the Nets got greedy. And of course their stars were volatile (starting primarily with Irving)... but Durant and Harden are not that easy either. You are just asking for a blowup the more you bring in.

I guess the Mitchell deal but swapping out RJ for Grimes? And adding in another first. Though, you never know with the reporting on firsts, which ones, etc. I don't really buy this one at all.

I think this is an important part to any Knick rumour. I think they have most of their own first rounders (if not all), and then the 3 protected picks they got this summer.

3 first seems a lot -- but those 3 protected picks were acquired for #11 in an average draft this past summer They are not that high risk firsts to move.

I think this is an important part to any Knick rumour. I think they have most of their own first rounders (if not all), and then the 3 protected picks they got this summer.

3 first seems a lot -- but those 3 protected picks were acquired for #11 in an average draft this past summer They are not that high risk firsts to move.

Yeah the Knicks have all of their own future first round picks except for the 2023 one that they just traded for Hart that is lottery protected.

The NBA trade deadline just let everyone know that Super Bowl week is one of most meaningless weeks ever. It's nothing but product hawking and asking NFL Hall of Famers about plays their brain doesn't let them remember anymore.

The NBA trade deadline just let everyone know that Super Bowl week is one of most meaningless weeks ever. It's nothing but product hawking and asking NFL Hall of Famers about plays their brain doesn't let them remember anymore.

A number of times that the trade deadlines are duds. But this one has certainly not been a dud.

The Clips going all in on Bones Nyland and Terrance Mann is something.

Feels like they are going to get Westbrook.

The Clips going all in on Bones Nyland and Terrance Mann is something.

Feels like they are going to get Westbrook.
I agree. They don’t have a true PG on the roster unless you want to count Jason Preston. I’m not a fan of the Gordon move. Plumlee should help, though. Westbrook surrounded by all that shooting just might work.

If TJ Warren could get back to being 90% of what he was his last 2 healthy years they are going to be as good a bet as any to come out of the West. Might as well take the shot with Chris Paul approaching a cliff.
Cliff Paul ?

Attachments

• 182886FA-8B75-44EA-8520-AF9FEFCAB4BB.jpeg
    182886FA-8B75-44EA-8520-AF9FEFCAB4BB.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 15
NBA and College Hoops are neck and neck for trying to have the slightest guess what next year's roster will look like. I miss the days when it didn't take a week to sort through all the trades and new lineups.

I agree. They don’t have a true PG on the roster unless you want to count Jason Preston. I’m not a fan of the Gordon move. Plumlee should help, though. Westbrook surrounded by all that shooting just might work.

You know who else might not be a fan of the Eric Gordon trade?
John Wall. Back to Houston - and since he is on a 2 year deal, he is possibly not moved until next season, since he now has a more movable contract. .

John Wall. Back to Houston - and since he is on a 2 year deal, he is possibly not moved until next season, since he now has a more movable contract. .
I heard Wall will be waived.

People always overrate fringe moves on trade deadline day - even someone who is pretty reasonable like Zach Lowe.

The East is a 4 team race right now, and Lowe now says the Celts, Bucks, 76ers have pulled away from the Cavs because of moves today.
- So Muscala to the Celts
- Crowder to the bucks
- Mcdaniels to the 76ers
None of them were bad moves, but none of them are so significant that they have separated themselves from a team that did no moves (the Cavs)

5 for Crowder
5 for Wiseman
3 to get out of Conley's contract.

5 second round picks for Gary Payton
5 second round picks for Saddiq Bey (not Wiseman)

Pretty much confirms that a second round pick or two is pretty much useless.

5 second round picks for Gary Payton
5 second round picks for Saddiq Bey (not Wiseman)

Pretty much confirms that a second round pick or two is pretty much useless.
Of course they are. You can easily buy picks or trade future considerations for them on draft night.

Of course they are. You can easily buy picks or trade future considerations for them on draft night.

And yet there will still be fake traders who make up ridiculous trades, and say "If that is not enough, we can add a second pick or two". God bless them.

I heard Wall will be waived.

That must be some sort of record.
To be bought out twice by the same team in one season.

As far as I can tell, Wall has a team option for next year. Gonna guess Houston won't be picking that up

I can’t remember who talked about D. Russell not even being an upgrade over Westbrook and this thread is going fast with the trade activity so I don’t feel like looking for it, but….I don’t get it? D. Russell’s offensive numbers are outstanding this year?

Our D is going to be some BS anyway other than Davis, so we might as well try to outscore teams? D Russ is a significantly better shooter than Russell Westbrook.

I think we improved our chances to make the playoffs, and if we get in I think we’re significantly more dangerous as we’re now deeper and should be far better offensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom