NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Another interesting perspective on the load management situation.

I totally buy this. I very much doubt there are a lot of examples of players just not wanting to play in a given game. They like to play!

So that Clippers/Kings score? At some point we are going to get a team that scores 200.

So that Clippers/Kings score? At some point we are going to get a team that scores 200.
I hate it. It’s a good example of why people who waste time arguing about who “teH gOaT” is, are really misguided when they try to compare stats from very different eras.

The thing that really blows my mind about that game is it isn't even like the pace of the game was ridiculous. BBref has pace factor of about 106. The shot making was just outrageous. The Clippers shot 60/58/86 and lost!

Second highest scoring game of all time; highest was a triple OT Denver-Detroit game from 1983, 186-184. Last night, the two teams combined to shoot 44-86 from 3. In that Denver Detroit game; 2-4. 117 combined FT in the 1983 game vs 71 last night.

I'm bored looking at this some more. There have been 29 games that have seen 300 combined points. The earliest one on the list was from 1959, Boston 173-Lakers 139. No overtimes! Lakers shot 39% from the field! 287 total field goal attempts+95 FT. Last night was 209 FGA and 71 FT. Bob Cousy played 45 minutes, a cool 31 points and 28 (!) asst.

The Jazz scored 54 in a finals game in 98. In both finals the Knicks were in during the 90’s neither team broke 100.

The average score of Pistons/Spurs in 2005 was 86-84.

The average score of Lakers/Celtics in 2010 was 90-87.

It’s like we are playing a different sport from the 90’s and 2000’s.

Last night's game was exhilarating. As it has many times this year, felt like the Kings were playing 5 vs 8 with Tony Brothers making absolutely sure that Sabonis fouled out. The defense was lackluster but Clippers made a ton of heavily contested 3s. Could tell in the first half this game was gonna be over 140 each - even with the Kings on a second night of a back to back (!!)

The Jazz scored 54 in a finals game in 98. In both finals the Knicks were in during the 90’s neither team broke 100.

The average score of Pistons/Spurs in 2005 was 86-84.

The average score of Lakers/Celtics in 2010 was 90-87.

It’s like we are playing a different sport from the 90’s and 2000’s.

I like this one a whole lot more.

In the Knicks-Spurs finals, not only did no one crack 100, but in 5 games, one team scored over 90. 4 of the 10 team scores were below 80, and there was also an 81.

I like this one a whole lot more.

In the Knicks-Spurs finals, not only did no one crack 100, but in 5 games, one team scored over 90. 4 of the 10 team scores were below 80, and there was also an 81.

The funniest part (to me) of all these facts is I was 15 in 1999 and I was pumped the Knicks were in the finals and I didnt really realize the basketball kinda sucked

I would like to thank my Knicks tonight for providing an immediate and completely cleansing antidote to erase the game I watched prior from my memory...
Dominated the Wizards for 5 wins in a row.
Even better -Knicks scored 73 1st half points to honor the 1973 team in attendance for the halftime 50yr celebration of the 1973 NBA Champion Knicks.
Great to relive happy times following my favorite team as they won championships in my early teens!

Quin Snyder to sign a five year contract to coach the Hawks. Great coach but very predictable. It will be interesting if he coaches the Hawks different than he did Utah.

Quin Snyder to sign a five year contract to coach the Hawks. Great coach but very predictable. It will be interesting if he coaches the Hawks different than he did Utah.
Sounds like he'll be coaching them the rest of season and as soon as Tuesday (vs. Wizards) too.

He’s a horrible person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom