NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Kyrie has played off ball for a while, at least part time. Literally since Cleveland.

He was second ball handler once Bron came back, second ball handler to Harden and without question, is second ball handler behind Luka.

They checked with Luka before the trade and if they want to give him a contract (assuming he doesn’t want the two year extension but the four year contract that can’t be given out til the summer), Luka will have sign off.

This is a Hail Mary by Cuban bc of how mismanaged the roster has been, plus Nico having a connection with Kyrie back from Nike days, they prob think he’ll be fine in Dallas.

We’ll see. Luka is good enough that Kyrie just has to keep it together the remainder of this season for them to have a legit shot.

Also, Mavs are already trying to move Wood. That dude is purely radioactive.
Sounds like Wood might be headed to the Clippers. Could be a simple deal for Marcus Morris (Markieff was sent to Dallas with Irving) or a three-team that brings a PG to LA as well.

Someone had mentioned earlier this was a high risk / low reward trade. I don't fully agree with that assessment.

This potentially is a high reward move. Kyrie is a lunatic, but he is also still one of the great players in the league in the odd times his head is not squarely up his ass. Its possible you can get good Kyrie for a run or two, and that could pay off.

Is it high risk? Yes, but not because of the trade assets they gave in my view.
The draft pick is in 2029 - Dinwiddie and DFS are nice players but that package is not going to set the franchise way back.

The risk is Kyrie is a lunatic right away, or that he behaves this year and then you are forced into giving him a long term contract which is scary.

Kyrie could certainly irk Luka at any time. But I think the team as it stood with no Kyrie, probably was irking Luka as well.

I think it was worth the risk for Dallas for this year - but as I said, the scariest part is if Kyrie behaves this year then you have to extend him.
It was me.

You're making as good a case as you can.

I just view Kyrie as a ticking time bomb.

They may have still gone to the Finals had they not kept relying on the three in G7. They literally shot themselves out of it.
they were also up 17 points in game 6 without paul.

Yeah, I'm not (just) being a hater.

There's a track record.
I think it's safe to say that Kyrie has a screw loose and is a team killer at this point. It seems like players on opposing teams still tend to like him though which is weird. That said he obviously can't be trusted in any scenario. I mean why not just play the season out in Brooklyn and the go wherever he wants at that point? The answer is he just can't help himself

so if Kyrie walks at the end of the year and nobody really knows if he stays or leaves, the Mavs have given up a first rounder/ and two 2nds as well as two decent players for a 3-4 month rental. I mean there is no telling what will happen with Kyrie. Then Luka is going to be asking some serious questions about the future of the Mavs. Huge gamble by Cuban here, wreaks of desperation really. They could have just resigned Brunson and kept all the assets

Kyrie is only going to just play basketball for a limited amount of time without doing something dumb. He may just wait until he gets another contract before he really becomes a distraction again but it's just a question of when and not if.

There is a rumour out there that Simmons comes back for Siakam.
If there is a worst contract out there for the next 2 years than Ben Simmons, I certainly can't find it.

The Nets have 2 decent players under 25 - Claxton, Cam Thomas... and 3 first round picks (27 Philly, 29 Nets, 29 Mavs)

I don't think I take all of that + Simmons for Siakam.

If there is a worst contract out there for the next 2 years than Ben Simmons, I certainly can't find it.

The Nets have 2 decent players under 25 - Claxton, Cam Thomas... and 3 first round picks (27 Philly, 29 Nets, 29 Mavs)

yeah I don't think the Nets can really make that deal.

Leaves them with zero bigs as well where they are already really thin. Simmons next contract is going to be next to nothing, he is just riding it out at this point. So limited and such a head case with injury concerns as well

Thought the Nets were after VanVleet. Raptors trying to hit home runs from what it appears.

Not interested in breaking up the Celtics core for KD. He will break down, and they’ll have sold their soul for nothing.

Not interested in breaking up the Celtics core for KD. He will break down, and they’ll have sold their soul for nothing.
Agreed. Always thought it was Durant’s people pushing this as his preferred destination to win now.

JJ for the win.

Not trying to take away from LeBron, but it feels, to me, that there needs to be separate recognition of scorers who start with the ball in their hands, and scorers who are reliant on others to initiate the play and get them the ball.

And no, I have no idea how to make that distinction work, because the second category seems to be fading into oblivion.

Not trying to take away from LeBron, but it feels, to me, that there needs to be separate recognition of scorers who start with the ball in their hands, and scorers who are reliant on others to initiate the play and get them the ball.

And no, I have no idea how to make that distinction work, because the second category seems to be fading into oblivion.
Why? Scoring the basketball is scoring the basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom