NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

They have to s+t Kyrie. Some team will take him. They can get some value back from him for a team that wants to just sell tickets and maybe make the play in.

They should still have their stretch provision.

And besides Kyrie, they have six guys that will be UFAs.

I think Cuban has basically the first 20 games of the 2023-24 season before Lukas agent makes a call to him to trade him.

They don’t need fake superstars (to your point about the FA class), they need solid players and a balanced team and they can be top 4 in the west.

When I watch the Mavs I really have no idea how they thought they would defend anyone after the Kyrie trade. They were terrible on defense before the trade. Zero wings period but really zero wing defenders which is where they need the most help. You almost need a solid 2 wing defenders to be successful these days. Then they need a big that can defend as well, it's mind blowing. And there is a reason that Wood has been on 5-6 teams in as many years. J Kidd can't stand Wood either which doesn't help. Kidd is just not a very good coach either. Kyrie is never healthy either.

Or maybe not...

Watched the pelicans/ Warriors last night and Draymond just drives me insane. I thought they should have kicked him out, he gets away with a ridiculous amount of nonsense on a daily basis.

I hate the Griz but they seem to be playing the best ball in the West right now

Last edited:
Watched the pelicans/ Warriots last night and Draymond just drives me insane. I thought they should have kicked him out, he gets away with a ridiculous amount of nonsense on a daily basis.

I hate the Griz but they seem to be playing the best ball in the West right now

Totally agree re Draymond. I have no idea what he is going to bring to a team, especially where he doesn't have air coverage from Steph.

They have to s+t Kyrie. Some team will take him. They can get some value back from him for a team that wants to just sell tickets and maybe make the play in.

They should still have their stretch provision.

And besides Kyrie, they have six guys that will be UFAs.

I think Cuban has basically the first 20 games of the 2023-24 season before Lukas agent makes a call to him to trade him.

They don’t need fake superstars (to your point about the FA class), they need solid players and a balanced team and they can be top 4 in the west.

Kinda like the roster last year, so I get it.

One thing i'll say about Kyrie is he couldn't find any takers last summer. It's a different scenario this year, I get that, but I wonder what the appetite is for him

Totally agree re Draymond. I have no idea what he is going to bring to a team, especially where he doesn't have air coverage from Steph.

He shoved Ingram and ingram took exception and shoved him back and refs called a double tech and then Draymond got called for a charge and got tangled up with Herb Jones who is wise beyond his years and did not take the bait. The Warriors came out hot in the 3rd and just buried the Pelicans in the 2nd half. Down by 19 at the half and GS won by 11. Two totally different halves.

He shoved Ingram and ingram took exception and shoved him back and refs called a double tech and then Draymond got called for a charge and got tangled up with Herb Jones who is wise beyond his years and did not take the bait. The Warriors came out hot in the 3rd and just buried the Pelicans in the 2nd half. Down by 19 at the half and GS won by 11. Two totally different halves.
Compare Malik Monk getting ejected last week for telling a ref "that's a f***in foul, bruh" (with 0 techs) and Draymond being left in the game after starting an altercation, screaming in the officials' faces continuously for 10 minutes and then when play resumes running down the court, immediately committing an offensive foul and kicking a downed opponent in the head. Can't even make it up. It's crazy how he's created this baseline of outrageous behavior allowing him to pretty much throw a temper tantrum whenever he pleases with little to no consequence.

Compare Malik Monk getting ejected last week for telling a ref "that's a f***in foul, bruh" (with 0 techs) and Draymond being left in the game after starting an altercation, screaming in the officials' faces continuously for 10 minutes and then when play resumes running down the court, immediately committing an offensive foul and kicking a downed opponent in the head. Can't even make it up. It's crazy how he's created this baseline of outrageous behavior allowing him to pretty much throw a temper tantrum whenever he pleases with little to no consequence.

It has an effect on the overall game and it's really a joke to watch. Ingram is pretty mild mannered dude. ( Other than punching Chris Paul years ago and who wouldn't) Rarely and I mean rarely gets heated but the shot from Draymond was just a joke. It was just a shove for thug ball purposes. Ingram also one of the few that rarely complains about foul calls or lack thereof. Only two times I have seen Ingram ever pissed is dealing with two of the biggest cheap shot artists in the modern game in Draymond and CP.

It's a bunch of crap.

Chris Mannix of SI said on the Dan Patrick Show that his pick to win the West is, drum roll — the Los Angeles (nee Minneapolis) Lakers.

Meanwhile, Gobert has not been the same since he licked the mic with his COVID-infested tongue. What a maroon.

I've been struggling enough with people voting Embiid over Giannis, but people voting Tatum and Luka over Giannis is criminal. If people actually do that with the real votes, they should have voting privileges taken away.

Chris Mannix of SI said on the Dan Patrick Show that his pick to win the West is, drum roll — the Los Angeles (nee Minneapolis) Lakers.

Meanwhile, Gobert has not been the same since he licked the mic with his COVID-infested tongue. What a maroon.
I think I'll take the field.

I've been struggling enough with people voting Embiid over Giannis, but people voting Tatum and Luka over Giannis is criminal. If people actually do that with the real votes, they should have voting privileges taken away.

I get the sense that after the winner, some of the voters dont take the ballot very seriously. Especially for a straw poll like this

Huge, important W for the Knicks last night over the Heat-
Superb team effort after losing Julius in Q2.
Really impressed -and IQ continued polishing his resume for 6th MOY.

The Celtics were handled by the Wizards last night. They're currently up 44 points at Milwaukee right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom