NC State Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Attendance

Why adult doesn’t go outside because it’s raining?

Many factors contribute to the attendance issues but coupled with the Dome's shortcomings from a fan experience angle I think this one is huge. The games are just too long with way too many long breaks in the action. The TV timeouts, review stoppages, and injury timeouts all need to be dealt with differently in order to dial back the stoppages. This would benefit football in general. I really think they need to cap the amount of review time to a fixed amount per half. Couple that with some kind of target, say 30 seconds, for a review. If you can't make a determination in 30 seconds, the call on the field stands. If you use up all the review time, say 5 mins per half, the game is called on the field with no further review. Injured players should be removed from the field of play, by stretcher if necessary, as soon as it's determined it's safe to do so. Spine, neck, or head trauma is obviously the exception but an arm, hand, shoulder, knee or ankle...get him off the field and wind the clock.
I could not agree more. It isn't just the product on the football field, the stadium experience is big from parking, to entry, to concessions, etc, and IMHO the biggest thing is the games are too long. Modern world bring modern attention spans and if the sports world doesn't adapt they will be feeling it in the next generation of fans.

I could not agree more. It isn't just the product on the football field, the stadium experience is big from parking, to entry, to concessions, etc, and IMHO the biggest thing is the games are too long. Modern world bring modern attention spans and if the sports world doesn't adapt they will be feeling it in the next generation of fans.
Already feeling it. The damage is already done. Without action it's only going to get worse.

Injury timeouts are ok, but player should have to sit out until the next defensive possession. That would eliminate some where the player goes out, and comes back in a couple of plays.

Just so we are clear, even though it has been stated numerous times that attendance is now determined by actual tickets scanned, your take is that more than one out of every two seats went unused yesterday?
Yeah, I don’t get it. The game looked 70% on TV, which is consistent with 35k.

I can see OT being 25k. But the game itself looked pretty full (except the corners and the very top rows)

Just so we are clear, even though it has been stated numerous times that attendance is now determined by actual tickets scanned, your take is that more than one out of every two seats went unused yesterday?

Announced attendance is absolutely not determined by tickets scanned.

I thought it was tickets scanned plus all the people working in the building?

Another bilboard spotted on the intersection of west st and fayette.

Oh yeah, and our instagram page has gained over 1,000 followers in the past week.

There’s very, very, very visible evidence that theres a significant casual fan base that’s being drawn in by consistent winning. We need to maintain consistency and hopefully churn out a season ticket purchaser per every 25 or so new fans.

I thought it was tickets scanned plus all the people working in the building?
It may be this, but it’s not tickets sold/distributed, so the number should track closely.

the SU fan base doesn’t need more of a presence in Camillus or any of the Syracuse burbs that are literally 15 min from the Dome. Camillus represents very well. Building a bigger presence in towns/cities of Binghamton Watertown, Ithaca, Utica, Rochester is what is needed.

Ps- I’m not knocking the billboard as any new fans gained is a good thing. I just know that a majority of the dome is filled by locals from the ‘burbs

the SU fan base doesn’t need more of a presence in Camillus or any of the Syracuse burbs that are literally 15 min from the Dome. Camillus represents very well. Building a bigger presence in towns/cities of Binghamton Watertown, Ithaca, Utica, Rochester is what is needed.
Gotta crawl before you walk. What should be easy local die hard towns have regressed due to unrelenting pain and disappointment from this program.

Ps- I’m not knocking the billboard as any new fans gained is a good thing. I just know that a majority of the dome is filled by locals from the ‘burbs

I've been saying a long time. Albany area too. 2 hour drive and straight down the road almost. Not a lot of Syracuse fans in the greater Albany area but lots of people go watch hockey teams they don't care about, minor league baseball games they don't care about, etc. Some people are just looking for something to do, sometimes you gotta work on those type of ticket buyers too.

this is why they need to cross promote with these other sports. just get people in the door first.

the Tv wants it both ways.. high scoring games take longer with more passing, but then they add more TOs too.. they should max out how many commercials a game can have to control the length of a game.
Another way to address it would be to eliminate the team time outs (except for OT) for televised games.

TOs at the end are fine except they turn them into TV Tos. lets just play the last 5 min in under 45 for a change.

I've been saying a long time. Albany area too. 2 hour drive and straight down the road almost. Not a lot of Syracuse fans in the greater Albany area but lots of people go watch hockey teams they don't care about, minor league baseball games they don't care about, etc. Some people are just looking for something to do, sometimes you gotta work on those type of ticket buyers too.
I sent the Faith link to an old neighbor living near Albany. I think we got 2 more coming.

Utica/Rome is the area I would concentrate on the most. Under an hour and they are used to driving to Syracuse (Mall/Airport/Medical) for various services. Utica also is 3+ hours away from all the local NFL teams.

Almost without fail if I see someone (from the Utica Area) wearing a Cuse shirt away from NY and ask if they are from Syracuse...they say yes (then I find out they are from Utica/Rome/Oneida/Dolgeville, etc..). LOL

They’re making efforts in albany, roc, buf, bing, w town and utica

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom