NC State attendance | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

Also another very common thing is people will post their tickets on the 2ndary market with a "make me sell these" price. Two tickets that if they can get the dollar amount they sell, if not they'll go to the game...

BREATHE

THE DOME WILL BE PACKED AND LOUD AF

This. I do it all the time...list my seat for a ridiculous price, and if it doesn't sell I go to the game. Not all the secondary resale seats are going to be empty, even if they never get sold.

No need to obsess about a couple thousand blue dots. Once again, SU fans are stepping up. Looking like the biggest crowd in 3 years. We had a ton of crowds in the 90s that were in the 45-47K range of butts-in-seats attendance, and the place was full and loud.

Should be an amazing atmosphere.

Guys the “student” sections that you see in the 100 level and 300 level are the for season student tickets.

Previously, the overflow was the 300 level. However, the demand was so high that they sold all of the allotted season tickets they had in both the 100 and 300 level.

Because of that, the overflow for students who are buying just single game tickets is 313,314 and 315.

If you get into the dome early enough you will notice that in those sections there is a row of seatback chairs about midway up. Those seat backs are showing the boundaries of the overflow section for students. (Or at least there have been a row of seat backs in previous games)

This is a change that was made for this year because the demand is so high and the fire Marshall’s will not let them pack anymore students into the student section that is in the 100 and 300 level.

Thank you. I was wondering what had changed since last year.

One thing I couldn't help but notice. There were a couple of blue dots all week in 115 in the disabled section, that are now red dots. And appear to be higher priced.

Are the resellers gouging the disabled? Monsters.

Have you seen a packed stadium, thats a sell out. Rutgers announced a sell out for their game against Neb last Friday, anyone who watched the game laughed at the notion that they were claiming a sell out. Not saying SU is on RU's level but if there's only 43K people there tomorrow its a fantastic crowd but calling it a sell out is laughable.
A sellout means all of the tickets were sold. There is no other way to look at this. It’s a pretty simple concept. If all of the tickets are distributed, it’s a sell out. Whether or not everyone who bought a ticket shows up doesn’t change anything.

One thing I couldn't help but notice. There were a couple of blue dots all week in 115 in the disabled section, that are now red dots. And appear to be higher priced.

Are the resellers gouging the disabled? Monsters.
I wonder if someone bought the tickets and decided they could make more money by not going.. But on the resell market is it obvious its a disabled section when you buy the ticket.. Its not like just anyone can sit there.

1,000 for sale that SU has control of. There’s about 3-4k still available on the secondary market and TM resell. But once, and if, SU sells their last 1,000, it is officially a sell out. Sell out means sold. SU will have sold all seats.
Exactly. I’m not sure why this is so difficult for some people. It’s going to be the best crowd of the season even if there are some no shows. Let’s enjoy it

I wonder if someone bought the tickets and decided they could make more money by not going.. But on the resell market is it obvious its a disabled section when you buy the ticket.. Its not like just anyone can sit there.
I would hope that some type of proof of disability is needed to purchase the ticket, not sure if they go that far though. They should, otherwise people could scalp it. Which would obviously be an incredibly crappy thing to do.

If you go to buy as resale on TM, there's no mention anywhere of it being disabled seating. Weird.

A sellout means all of the tickets were sold. There is no other way to look at this. It’s a pretty simple concept. If all of the tickets are distributed, it’s a sell out. Whether or not everyone who bought a ticket shows up doesn’t change anything.

Again if SU sells all of its available tickets and wants to call it a sell out thats fine. I am not sure what the big deal is here.

It’s not a big deal. It just isn’t an opinion based concept. I’m kind of just baffled that there is any other though process on this. A sell out is a sell out.

Like everything there is defintely more nuiance then that. There's a technical sell out and an actual sell out. Again Rutgers called last weeks game against Neb a sell out, it wasn't remotely close, probably close to 10K empty seats. If SU sells out its allotment (I hope they do) they can absolutely claim a sell out but if there's 43.5K in attendance and several thousand tickets still on TM an Stub Hub tomorrow morning I don't personally consider that a sell out but again thats me.

We could do it like Nebraska where you dont see the seats at all just a listing on the map. then you would have no clue whats sold vs resale.

Like everything there is defintely more nuiance then that. There's a technical sell out and an actual sell out. Again Rutgers called last weeks game against Neb a sell out, it wasn't remotely close, probably close to 10K empty seats. If SU sells out its allotment (I hope they do) they can absolutely claim a sell out but if there's 43.5K in attendance and several thousand tickets still on TM an Stub Hub tomorrow morning I don't personally consider that a sell out but again thats me.
I guess the question would be how close to a sell out in attendance do you want to call it a sell out.. Its one thing to have empty seats randomly around the building even if its 10% you wont notice.. but if you have a block of 2-3-400 together thats a different thing to see.

And what does Su do to sell the tickets to a broker to try and move them? sell them for $5 and let them take a risk where if they sell 10% of them they break even?

I guess the question would be how close to a sell out in attendance do you want to call it a sell out.. Its one thing to have empty seats randomly around the building even if its 10% you wont notice.. but if you have a block of 2-3-400 together thats a different thing to see.

I think calling Marrone's first game against Minny a sell out is accurate. There was what 48K+ plus actual people there? I saw people sitting in seats I don't think I have seen since. Clemson in 2019 was pretty close as well.

How often does that happen though, Rutgers nonsense aside? There are definitely times a game is declared a sell out and you can see scattered empties around. But it's exceedingly rare to see thousands of open seats in a sold out game.

I think calling Marrone's first game against Minny a sell out is accurate. There was what 48K+ plus actual people there? I saw people sitting in seats I don't think I have seen since. Clemson in 2019 was pretty close as well.
That Minnesota game was a legit 48k, I was at the top of the building and it was packed.

The Clemson game in 19 was called sell out there were a couple very small gaps in the upper deck. That’s fine. There are always no shows on the Away side lower deck . There will be some tomorrow, but a lot less then usual. IMO

How often does that happen though, Rutgers nonsense aside? There are definitely times a game is declared a sell out and you can see scattered empties around. But it's exceedingly rare to see thousands of open seats in a sold out game.

Rutgers had giant chunks of empty seats in the lower bowl, and the end zones.

We may have them up high and in the corners.

My assumption was that by Nebraska, their "3rd sellout", the school just bought them up. Just moved a little money around from the honorarium fund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom