NC State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NC State

That wasn't the NC State team we just played. Wow... Epic Meltdown in spades baby.

When you need to foul with 20 seconds left and Warren has 4 fouls, why didn't Gottfried either

a) Take Warren out, and bring him back after the foul is committed.
or
b) Keep Warren at the back end so other players could try to commit the foul / create the turnover.

I know the risk is that you turn them over, Warren if off the floor, and you have no TO's... OK - very simple don't have him as one of the aggressors on the floor.

The worst thing that could possibly happen was Warren fouling out. Gottfried is dumb

Last edited:
Couldn't hit foul shots. Totally confused. Not focused. Poor body language. Yikes.

Huh. NC State, taking dumb to the next level.

1.8 seconds left in a single elimination tourney, might as well foul there NC State.

Great play -- allowed them to cover... only smart thing they did all night in my view, lol

That was funny.

Rarely do you watch a basketball and come away from it laughing...that was one. Both teams looked like they were playing biddy-basketball. Kudos to both teams for the laughs (and for beer - I'm sure that helps too).

s c o u t is helping Wolfpack fans. Their entire forum site (for all schools) is down.

You c
When you need to foul with 20 seconds left and Warren has 4 fouls, why didn't Gottfried either

a) Take Warren out, and bring him back after the foul is committed.
or
b) Keep Warren at the back end so other players could try to commit the foul.

The worst thing that could possibly happen was Warren fouling out. Gottfried is dumb

That is all true, but Warren has to be smart enough not to foul there.

That wasn't the NC State team we just played. Wow... Epic Meltdown in spades baby.
The team that went up 16 and dominated up until 5 min left was the one who went to the ACC Semis. I don't What that was after that.

Last edited:
Warren just sucked from the line tonight and against us when we needed him to miss he was money.

Biggest choke job I've ever seen though

Don't you guys understand that this is classic mutt pack. Now, they will want to fire their AD, fire the coach, fire Swofford because he conspired with the NCAA to hire the right set of refs to blow calls, the UNC administration was involved somehow and more than likey the Cuse for if they didn't beat you guys last week, they wouldn't have to worry about this.

And now ND St. comes back so this one really hurts, cause I also have them.

And now ND St. comes back so this one really hurts, cause I also have them.
Once you lose a billion, does it really matter?

At least one of these OT games appears to be going the right way. :)

A billion here, and a billion there, and next thing you know you're talking about real money.

longislandcuse said:
The team that went up 16 and dominated up until 5 min left was the one who went to the ACC Championship Game. I don't What that was after that.

NC State didn't go to the ACC championship game. They lost to Duke in the semis.

But hey! Gottfried plays his bench so everything is great! If you lose playing your bench it's clearly better than losing not playing a bench.

NC State didn't go to the ACC championship game. They lost to Duke in the semis.

But hey! Gottfried plays his bench so everything is great! If you lose playing your bench it's clearly better than losing not playing a bench.
Ah right, my mistake.

Well we can all be thankful Gottfired isn't going to get a call from Phil Jackson about the Lakers job. The ACC needs coaching talent like that man.

I just realized I should have posted a CHOKE warning before writing this,. but if you watched the game you were prepared for a massive choke job Part Deux. :)

That was the biggest tourney choke job I can remember seeing.
Has their been a bigger one?

pearl31 said:
That was the biggest tourney choke job I can remember seeing.
Has their been a bigger one?

But they play their bench! Gottfried is such a great coach for playing his bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom