NC State | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC State

But they play their bench! Gottfried is such a great coach for playing his bench.
Pitino and Izzo are other coaches who routinely develop a bench. Same with K on most years. How many Final 4s and Championships do they have? I get that a poster made a thread about NC State and their bench but please stop using Gottfried as a defense of JB. Until he ups his Final 4/Championship game, it's a valid criticism.

longislandcuse said:
Pitino and Izzo are other coaches who routinely develop a bench. Same with K on most years. How many Final 4s and Championships do they have? I get that a poster made a thread about NC State and their bench but please stop using Gottfried as a defense of JB.

JB has won a title and been to the Final Four more recently than Izzo.

Pitino and Izzo are other coaches who routinely develop a bench. Same with K on most years. How many Final 4s and Championships do they have? I get that a poster made a thread about NC State and their bench but please stop using Gottfried as a defense of JB. Until he ups his Final 4/Championship game, it's a valid criticism.

Our bench looked great today. What the heck are you whining about?! :)

You c

That is all true, but Warren has to be smart enough not to foul there.

The coach needed to make sure NOBODY fouled at that point.

Saint Louis was still in the backcourt when they called time out. There were 27 seconds left on the shot clock. When they inbounded the ball out of the time out, they only had 2 seconds to get the ball across half court. Warren fouled immediately, with 26 seconds on the shot clock. One second later Saint Louis would have turned the ball over. I am not sure Gottfried even recognized this. The announcers didn't.

The coach needed to make sure NOBODY fouled at that point.

Saint Louis was still in the backcourt when they called time out. There were 27 seconds left on the shot clock. When they inbounded the ball out of the time out, they only had 2 seconds to get the ball across half court. Warren fouled immediately, with 26 seconds on the shot clock. One second later Saint Louis would have turned the ball over. I am not sure Gottfried even recognized this. The announcers didn't.
Is that how the rule works? I could swear I've seen teams call timeouts and then take another8 seconds to get across half court.

longislandcuse said:
Is that how the rule works? I could swear I've seen teams call timeouts and then take another8 seconds to get across half court.

If you call a timeout in backcourt it wipes out the 10 second rule. It's a dumb rule.

BTW, Did anyone else start rooting for NC state because they were the underdog and then have a What moment and say "I don't care if they're the underdog and play in our league, I hate NC state, go St. Louis!"

The Bob Marley dude had more moxie than the entire NC State team.

Toga said:
That is beyond stupid.

I don't have a problem with that one, I have more of a problem with teams rolling the ball past half-half court and no time comes off the clock. It makes no sense that the ball could be in play but no time is coming off the clock. The clock should start when the ball breaks the plane of the Out of bounds line.

longislandcuse said:

I don't think how much JB does or doesn't play the bench has cost us a NC or a F4. A bench comes more into play during the regular season.

didn't look up the stats but i believe i heard last night that the wolf pack missed 15 second half fts. they blew it at the line.

The Great Collapse Mystery has been solved. There exists a poster on PackPride called RaleighBound that does nothing but blame the refs and Swofford for everything bad that happens to his Pack. No matter the sport or situation, the Refs did it. It has gotten so bad that he swore after our last game he would NEVER watch another ACC game because of the blatant cheating by the Refs and Swofford. The next game he posted proudly that he didn't see the game and asked who won. His next posts went on to comment about how badly the game was called...the game he never saw.

So it should come as NO surprise that this master of deduction immediately found the cause of their latest disaster...the ACC refs cost them wins and made them play from a weak seeded position. :)

The Great Collapse Mystery has been solved. There exists a poster on PackPride called RaleighBound that does nothing but blame the refs and Swofford for everything bad that happens to his Pack. No matter the sport or situation, the Refs did it. It has gotten so bad that he swore after our last game he would NEVER watch another ACC game because of the blatant cheating by the Refs and Swofford. The next game he posted proudly that he didn't see the game and asked who won. His next posts went on to comment about how badly the game was called...the game he never saw.

So it should come as NO surprise that this master of deduction immediately found the cause of their latest disaster...the ACC refs cost them wins and made them play from a weak seeded position. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom