NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx. That‘s also true. There are untold health risks with not working, not earning income, sitting around, etc.

Hospitals are in big trouble too. They are not seeing their regular patients, so elective surgery is not happening, which is where the highest profits are. Costs for Covid patients is through the roof and many patients do not have health insurance.

I’d like to get back to the economy we had just 6 months ago, if safe to do so.

Yeah the healthcare system and poorly funded hospitals is going to be hurting for a while. Hospital bankruptcies and closures has been a thing for a while and CoVid-19 is only going to amplify that problem.

I’d argue the opposite. Those are businesses losing hundreds of millions of dollars more than your barbershop or bar. Those people can go work at Costco or Kroger and make money. How are those players and owners going to replace millions in salary/revenue? You really think they don’t want to open for business?

They cant figure out sensible, safe way to do it.
I don‘t know where you live, but there’s about 100 names on that list. If your town doesn’t have any of these businesses it sounds like there wasn’t much business happening anyways.

There’s no Pizza Hut? No Walmart? No hospitals? No senior Living centers? Maybe now would be a great time to start an Instacart or some other business that‘s found an opportunity here.

Those jobs don’t pay livable wages.

Yet he has an 81% approval rating. He has a plan, he shares it, he tracks it, it’s available online. Check it out sometime.
Not in this fight but that number is a tad misleading no?

BTW, Last word on this thread for me. I don't trust the Governor and his plans/phases that change like the phases of the moon. I would feel alot better if McMahon had the authority to have made the plans phases for reopening the region (put him in charge for the entire region) since hes the county executive of the biggest county in the region. His plan would be complete and consistent with all businesses thats why you wouldn't have confusion where certain businesses like gyms fall in what phases for example.
He does doesn't he? I thought the panel of 9 now took over.

you don’t reopen when numbers are going up. And every expert said the curves had to be flattened. You might have heard of that.

Numbers may be going up because there is more available testing and more willing people to take it. But that doesn't mean the spread is necessarily higher or lower.

FWIW saw my doctor this week and she said the antibody test as is is worthless.

Numbers may be going up because there is more available testing and more willing people to take it. But that doesn't mean the spread is necessarily higher or lower.

Bingo. McMahon said we are not gonna have 0 or a few new positive cases a day when your doing a much testing as were doing.

we’re going back a few weeks. As runner called for.

the antibody test is pretty useless. Almost 70% false positives.

Bingo. McMahon said we are not gonna have 0 or a few new positive cases a day when your doing a much testing as were doing.

bingo. Everyone knows more testing more positives. We’ve had 44% asymptomatic the past week because we test anyone that wants one. Symptoms or not. But that wasn’t the point in responding to your post of opening weeks ago.

My parents dropped my azz off, helped me bring my stuff up and left.

Is this staying around a couple days a new thing?

they’re actually talking about out of town people. Locals like me and like your parents would just drop off and go home. Out of town era hang around because there are various events and presentations. Locals just go back up to campus.

I thought the economy-Meister genius in charge had engineered the greatest economy in the history of economies? If things were so good, why can’t our country adequately support people financially for a few months. Where’d all the money go? People can’t work for a couple months and we’re screwed? And they can’t be helped? How good were things in the first place then? People gotta legit risk death so they can make money and feed their family now?

Some country.

The actual positive cases aren’t what’s important because as we said, more testing means more positives...

staying home is about not taxing the hospital system at once, not to not get the virus.

That is why Cuomo everyday only shows the amount of hospitalizations and deaths and not actual cases.

That is also why the metrics for each region don’t include positive cases, just positive cases that are hospitalized...

So you're saying they were happy to get you out of the house? ;)

My parents did the same thing. But we lived close enough that my mother would show up in the kitchen of the sorority, having tea with the cook. Fact finding mission. :rolleyes:

I don’t know how much a barber makes, but Kroger pays $14/hour. I would think that’s better than nothing if you need to feed your family.

Big Box stores and grocery stores pay 10-11 an hour here max or less. It is not livable nor are they willing to hire someone in their 50s/60s on the regular. Also it's one thing if you are a business owner who has failed. Being forcibly shut down and then begging to stock shelves for a non livable wage.. meanwhile driving 45 minutes to earn that bit of peanuts and well that's where it ends.

Also the shutdowns for union workers has been arguably as hard or more because they can't go after those jobs because of being part of the union.

Right before going to college my Dad and I had a moment in the driveway.

The moment was that he told me "Son, there's something very important for you to understand. You don't live here anymore. You're welcome to visit, but you don't live here."

That said, since I headed west for college and it was my first time on an airplane, my whole family did go out for a trip. We spent a few days helping me settle in, find a part-time job, all that good stuff before I could move into my dorm and have classes start.

Yeah this was me my move in day as well. Plus the longer they stay the longer until you could start mingling with the co-eds.

I don’t know how much a barber makes, but Kroger pays $14/hour. I would think that’s better than nothing if you need to feed your family.

My barber who is in his 70s and has been cutting hair since his teens is not gonna get a job at Kroger. Hes been heartbroken he just wants his business back and to do all he has ever known and loves. Think bout the people behind the businesses.

So you're saying they were happy to get you out of the house? ;)

My parents did the same thing. But we lived close enough that my mother would show up in the kitchen of the sorority, having tea with the cook. Fact finding mission. :rolleyes:

Lol I learned the hard way seeing a girl freshman year who was from Liverpool and her dad sometimes worked on campus. Let's just say random visits are not fun.

My barber who is in his 70s and has been cutting hair since his teens is not gonna get a job at Kroger. Hes been heartbroken he just wants his business back and to do all he has ever known and loves. Think bout the people behind the businesses.

did he try to get PPP?

I’m not confused by cuomos plan. Must be you.

Cuomo mentions masks multiple times every press briefing. You think he bought stock in it. Other states have the same mask requirements in public those governors dont mention it as much as he does. That's all he talks bout.

Your barber is at risk of dying from covid19 and so are his clients. Think about the 93,000 that have died from coronavirus. People can wait for a haircut.

Cuomo mentions masks multiple times every press briefing. You think he bought stock in it. Other states have the same mask requirements in public those governors dont mention it as much as he does. That's all he talks bout.

yea 1 minute is most of 60 minutes.

Big Box stores and grocery stores pay 10-11 an hour here max or less. It is not livable nor are they willing to hire someone in their 50s/60s on the regular. Also it's one thing if you are a business owner who has failed. Being forcibly shut down and then begging to stock shelves for a non livable wage.. meanwhile driving 45 minutes to earn that bit of peanuts and well that's where it ends.

Also the shutdowns for union workers has been arguably as hard or more because they can't go after those jobs because of being part of the union.

I would think that if putting food on the table mattered, one would do what it takes. There are lots of people that live on $10/11 an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom