NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see that. I'm happy about it. You also don't have a clue, as that last sentence demonstrates.

As you saw, if social distancing is still in place, which it will be, osu estimates 20,000. That’s a little under 20%. For the dome that would be just under 10,000. My mathematical analysis says it’ll be closer to 6,000 in the dome if anyone. And yes, the final call is the pols not the universities.

Okay that why you isolate the elderly and the most vunerable. Why should the young fit and generally healthy and less vunerable have to do the same. That is my point and the point of folks across the country.

why not isolate the young people who can’t follow the rules and spreads it to others? The spreader is more at fault than the receiver.

As you saw, if social distancing is still in place, which it will be, osu estimates 20,000. That’s a little under 20%. For the dome that would be just under 10,000. My mathematical analysis says it’ll be closer to 6,000 in the dome if anyone. And yes, the final call is the pols not the universities.
I assume this was directed towards Mr Runner.

I assume this was directed towards Mr Runner.

no. That’s why I said as you saw. I only replied to you because I know you understood that article and I didn’t want to go back and forth with someone that didn’t.

no. That’s why I said as you saw. I only replied to you because I know you understood that article and I didn’t want to go back and forth with someone that didn’t.
Yeah I got it. I've been to that stadium for a game. Nothing like it with 100k in there. 20k people is a completely different game day.

BTW, my opinion is that IF schools are actually allowed to open, there will be football but in the dome specifically there will be very limited attendance. Other than coaches, players and staff the stands will find parents, some friends, HS coaches, some students, SU admin and staff and “friends” of the program meaning some big donors. Very limited concessions if any.

Some of you guys sicken me. You namby pampy scardy cats saying "oh I don't want to leave my house! No way can we have hundreds of football players breathing on each other and whatnot." Well, I have a statistic for you. I mean I can't exactly quote the source but I read it somewhere.

Now this didn't come from your fake news mainstream media. This came from a reliable source; some blogger who lives in backwoods Louisiana. I can tell you several things with more or less relative confidence: 1) I really read this and it was not a coronavirus stress dream, although Old Uncle Dick has sure had his share of those, know what I mean? 2) the blogger may have been sober, and 3) he was likely a human and not one of those human/reptile mutant inbreds. I mean, we have all thought about what goes on in the bayous when those old boys go out at night with the gators, am I right?

Anyhoo, what he wrote really turned my head around. He said that 16,000 18 year olds are eaten by tigers every year. Wow, I almost choked on my glass of Jamisons when I read that! Now think about it; 16000 is only what percentage of residents of Onondaga County? Well, I'd calculate it but it would involve math so lets all agree that I actually know what I'm talking about, OK?

So 16000 tiger murders every year but does that stop us from letting our kids own tigers? Not where I come from, Jack. You live in my house, you have a pet tiger. I'm not talking about one of those Tony the Tiger-Battlecreek, Michigan tigers either. We're talking a fullblown tiger like the one that mauled Roy. Or Sigfried. I always got those guys mixed up.

If we all agree that we let kids own tigers in spite of a few thousand unlucky ones getting eaten, then we can all agree that football needs to go on. If we're not afraid of tigers then how can we be afraid of a coronavirus. I mean, have you ever actually seen one? I'm not talking about you guys with electron microscopes in your dining room, I'm talking about your average sports board poster.

So let's all be men about this, except the female posters of course, and grow a pair. We can even get Shirt World to make up some tee shirts for the football team saying "I'm risking my life for an extra-curricular activity (but at least I didn't get eaten by my pet tiger)" It is time to get back to normal and I can't think of anything better to give us perspective than those tiger stats.
Let's not even mention the Murder Hornets, or incoming Sniper Monkeys. They are both FAR deadlier.
EXrdXkUXQAM8HVP.jpg

why not isolate the young people who can’t follow the rules and spreads it to others? The spreader is more at fault than the receiver.

Because 60.5 percent of the population in the United States is under the age of 44.

Because 60.5 percent of the population in the United States is under the age of 44.

why did you change my number? I didn’t say under 44. I said 20-29. Which is less than 15% of the population. Don’t play games with my numbers.

why did you change my number? I didn’t say under 44. I said 20-29. Which is less than 15% of the population. Don’t play games with my numbers.

I looked up online and the stats i got from the most recent census was age 44. But the point is we know the demographics of the population who needs to be isolated and the majority of the population does not. So like the growing across the country isolate the sick and vunerable not the young and healthy. That's the point.

I looked up online and the stats i got from the most recent census was age 44. But the point is we know the demographics of the population who needs to be isolated and the majority of the population does not. So like the growing across the country isolate the sick and vunerable not the young and healthy. That's the point.

the largest group in Onondaga county with the virus is 20-29. So look up the population of 20-29. Isolate them. They are the spreaders.

How many players do we think are going to come up in June? Also will SU be providing the normal services (cafeteria, academic support, etc)?
How does it work normally? I assume athletes have access to the cafeteria during summer workouts.

Getting back to the subject of football. The first question I asked his mom is does he want to go back? The answer was yes. They will find a way to work out in small numbers and social distance at first if they have to. They live in apartments in S. Campus. There have been students on S. campus all along. The foreign students who could not travel home have been housed there. There are take out food options. I am sure they will have prepackaged meals to pick up and I know they will be COVID-19 tested and have their temperatures taken every day. Coach has had every player take their temp. at home every day so they are well used to doing this and are learning proper protocall. I will see his mom and maybe him over the weekend and will get a better picture of what will be happening. If things get worse,, they will call it quits and the players will return home.

the largest group in Onondaga county with the virus is 20-29. So look up the population of 20-29. Isolate them. They are the spreaders.

Whos prognosis is better long term if they get it if your younger or older with underlying medical conditions ?

If we get it we can recover and be back to work and everyday life in 2 weeks. Older people with underlying conditions get it could be a lot worse. Plus the older people are not working anyway and don't go out and socialize as much as the younger demographic so asking them to stay home to stay safe is not to hard to ask. I know it comes off as selfish but we need to work we need to be out there some of us are trying to build and support families of our own. Thats all and last thing im saying think about how this affects your opposing generation too.

Whos prognosis is better long term if they get it if your younger or older with underlying medical conditions ?

If we get it we can recover and be back to work and everyday life in 2 weeks. Older people with underlying conditions get it could be a lot worse. Plus the older people are not working anyway and don't go out and socialize as much as the younger demographic so asking them to stay home to stay safe is not to hard to ask. I know it comes off as selfish but we need to work we need to be out there some of us are trying to build and support families of our own. Thats all and last thing im saying think about how this affects your opposing generation too.

nevermind. You don’t get the point.

No problem with this. As long as you accept responsibility. If there is a second wave, and thousands more die, that's on you and the people that are so anxious to open up in violation of the Presidents own standards.

Getting back to the subject of football. The first question I asked his mom is does he want to go back? The answer was yes. They will find a way to work out in small numbers and social distance at first if they have to. They live in apartments in S. Campus. There have been students on S. campus all along. The foreign students who could not travel home have been housed there. There are take out food options. I am sure they will have prepackaged meals to pick up and I know they will be COVID-19 tested and have their temperatures taken every day. Coach has had every player take their temp. at home every day so they are well used to doing this and are learning proper protocall. I will see his mom and maybe him over the weekend and will get a better picture of what will be happening. If things get worse,, they will call it quits and the players will return home.

the use of temperature taking is close to meaningless. About half the people with the virus don’t have a fever. Asymptomatic and presymptomatic people show no fever. It’s going to be very dangerous to use temperatures.

I believe all the foreign students made it home, but yes, there are others there. (That cant use the gym-no one can)

The apartments use a shared air system. Any "quarantine " would involve breathing the same air. They should just be tested on arrival, and get back to work. A 2 week quarantine on arrival, means a 2 week party.

The biggest concern I would think is students spreading to older, more vulnerable campus employees and visitors. If this article from the WSJ is correct or at least on to something, could be a hopeful sign for SU and schools in general:

No problem with this. As long as you accept responsibility. If there is a second wave, and thousands more die, that's on you and the people that are so anxious to open up in violation of the Presidents own standards.

Thank u for least be reasonable and understanding of the issues facing the generation not of yours. Getting back to Football if the students are back on campus this fall there will be football and fans in the stadium in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom