NCAA Final Four Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it was a foul and still i dont think you call it at that point of the game, in hockey it would be a foul and embellishment penalty

Had the foul already been called before the double dribble?

If that happened to us no one here would be saying it was the right call. It’s not a foul.
It was a very thin call.
If Guy didn’t stick out his foot when he shoots I don’t think he gets the call.

It was, stand alone, a good call. But the problem comes when you look at all the crap they let go during the whole game, it was not consistent. The officiating was more like a football game.

Double dribble. Wow. Game would have been over. Horrible coaching decision by Pearl to not foul before the Guy made 3. Only had 4 fouls. Dumb dumb dumb

Lol the refs missed a double dribble as well.
Auburn got hosed love it.

Yeah, saw that. I was shocked there was no call there.

No it’s not. You don’t make that call in that situation. Not enough contact to blow the whistle.
So you base calls on the situation? Even though it was foul the ref should swallow the whistle because of the situation? That doesn't make sense. If the ref sees it he should make the call whether it's .6 seconds into the game or .6 seconds left.

Bruce Bowen did it all the time.
Guy did the old Kobe stick out your foot and get a call routine.

Not sure what play you watched but the Auburn player left the floor several feet away from Guy (look at the defender's feet when he left the ground and compare where he lands) and bumped into Guy. No funky kick out the foot so you get hit.

yes it was a foul and still i dont think you call it at that point of the game, in hockey it would be a foul and embellishment penalty

If it's a foul, it's a foul. Had it not been called then Virginia fans would be booing the replay and they would be right.

I hate the called on contact after the shot has left the shooter's hands but this was not that. The guy was getting hit as he released it.

allowing them to make the 3 to cut it to 2 was the dumb play.. of course thier best shooter almost airballed that late Ft

Had the foul already been called before the double dribble?

No, the Auburn player grabbed the back of Jerome's shorts after he picked the ball back up.

if guy doesnt flop it doesnt get called.. and i agree it was a foul i still dont think you call that foul, if he fouls up high im ok with it.

Not sure what play you watched but the Auburn player left the floor several feet away from Guy (look at the defender's feet when he left the ground and compare where he lands) and bumped into Guy. No funky kick out the foot so you get hit.
I am not upset at the call one bit. I just thought it was a thin call. Props to the ref for calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom