NCAA Final Four Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happened to us no one here would be saying it was the right call. It’s not a foul.

It is a foul. Look at the replay. He jumped into the shooters space and initiated the contact. As much as I can’t stand Guy, he did not stick his leg out to draw the contact. The defender has to be smart enough to slide by on a jump to contest.

The call people should bitch about is the one they just showed where Jerome double dribbled on the previous play.

It was a very thin call.
If Guy didn’t stick out his foot when he shoots I don’t think he gets the call.
I think he made contact before the foot went out. Body contact.

If Jerome has just continued the dribble after he kicked it he’s ok, but HE PICKED the ball up and continued to dribble, that’s why it’s a double dribble.

I thought the foul on the three was incredibly obvious, and you had to call it. Replay confirmed.

Even in full speed that double-dribble was PAINFULLY obvious......and replay confirmed. The official was right there.

Baffling.

If Jerome has just continued the dribble after he kicked it he’s ok, but HE PICKED the ball up and continued to dribble, that’s why it’s a double dribble.

i know it was a double dribble. he was bailed out by the foul. Was the foul before he picked it up?

Just saw replay- the foul was afterwards.

So, you like the ref determining the outcome? Because that's what it would have been.
Right.
Either way the ref would be determining the game.
It took me 2 or 3 replays to see it but it was definitely a foul.
Good call.

Last play at the buzzer, the Virginia player was just standing there and the Auburn players forward momentum created the contact.

Kyle Guy ... just like DC vs Indiana. Not.

Amazing finish for the Hoos. I'm glad they pulled it out and that Pearl went down. A just finish to the game...

if guy doesnt flop it doesnt get called.. and i agree it was a foul i still dont think you call that foul, if he fouls up high im ok with it.

If you didn't have position when the shooter leaves the floor, you can't have it when he comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom