NCAA Final Four Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought this kind of thinking has been pretty much eradicated. It was a blatant foul and completely impacted the shot. Is it only injuring a player that constitutes a foul at the end of the game?

Blatant foul? You’ve got to be joking.

For the SU fans cheering the result tonight, remember the program was also screwed over by poor officiating at a critical moment during the 2013 Final Four. Should be able to empathize with having referees influence whether or not you're playing for the National Championship. Absurd how people move the goalposts when it fits their narrative. Whether you like Pearl or not, those players were robbed of a chance to play for a title because those two refs on the play were incompetent.

D3gum4fUcAAPVvF.jpg

D3guZlXUwAEEjF1.jpg

If that non-call on the double-dribble had happened to Syracuse, and they ended up losing my head would have exploded. I have no problem with the foul call... but it never should have happened. It’s one thing when subjective calls like fouls aren’t called, but when a black and white definitive call is missed like the double-dribble, it’s a mistake and their’s no excuse for it

I thought Auburn should have been giving fouls before the Guy made three to break up UVa’s offensive flow.

Poetic justice for Auburn.

In the opening round, they faced the exact same situation with New Mexico St. They were up 2 with 1 second left, and fouled a 3-pt shooter. Unfortunately for NMS, the shooter missed 2 of 3 at the line. In contrast, Guy coolly sank all 3.

This broadcast team Nantz, Raftery, Hill suck.
They have no chemistry.
CBS needs to put someone with knowledge and can analyze with Nantz and Hill.
None of them picked up the UVA double dribble in real time because Raftery just wants to be sarcastic and funny the whole time.
This crew needs a retooling.

I don't particularly care for Michigan State, but I love their vintage jerseys with the cursive script. There has to be a way that we could do the cursive Syracuse script with modern-fitting jerseys. Why is everyone else allowed to have nice things in the uniform-world but us?

As Steratore just said, it was an unusual play and they just missed it. And as Kenny pointed out, they were looking for the foul.

Yes, it's about priorities. Which is more likely to occur in a national semi-final, a foul or double dribble? Especially when Auburn still had fouls to give.

This broadcast team Nantz, Raftery, Hill suck.
They have no chemistry.
CBS needs to put someone with knowledge and can analyze with Nantz and Hill.
None of them picked up the UVA double dribble in real time because Raftery just wants to be sarcastic and funny the whole time.
This crew needs a retooling.

I'm okay with HIll. If I never hear Nantz again, that's fine.

If you told me Kenny Goins was the father of a MSU player I’d believe it. Dude looks 43.

Anyone who doesn’t think that foul should have been called has never been bumped while in mid air taking a jumper. It’s similar to getting hit on the elbow while taking a shot , even minimal contact makes it nearly impossible to make the shot

Auburn 2 point lead - 1.5 seconds left- you don't foul in that situation and play good defense for less than 2 seconds to win the game. They didn't. They lost. next.

Last edited:
i know it was a double dribble. he was bailed out by the foul. Was the foul before he picked it up?

Just saw replay- the foul was afterwards.

He was still in the air. By rule, he's the shooter until he lands in balance. The contact actually moved him out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom