NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans...

Love these hot take political opinions from both sides of the aisle from people who get their information from the bias sources that fit their narrative. Likely will be more entertaining than tonight’s game!

Love these hot take political opinions from both sides of the aisle from people who get their information from the bias sources that fit their narrative. Likely will be more entertaining than tonight’s game!
there is only one very credible source and that is Dr. Fauci.

I love the posters who smirk at older people who are said to be "vulnerable" because of age and possible underlying health conditions. This 70-something fan is missing her first conference tourney in 35 years because ... it seemed like a good idea to avoid planes, airports and a crowded arena.

I love the idea Sean Farnham just had of putting the Final Four somewhere tiny and historic like The Palestra.

C7Uplm0XkAA3Zp8.jpg

At this point the main goal has to be slowing the spread. People keep throwing numbers and percentages out. Remember these numbers are based of off a fully functional healthcare system. If a city the size of Syracuse all of a sudden needed to hospitalize an additional 1000 patients, the mortality rate would be greatly increased. The entire US has 60000 respirators. Alot of people under 70 who would normally survive, will not.

Seems that two-thirds of the early round games have been played in front of virtually empty arenas since they adopted the pod system a decade or so ago.

Obviously this is different, but I think the effect on atmosphere is a little overstated. Less so for the regionals and Final Four, of course.

It makes no sense to close anything at all, let alone to react like this, for a virus that has a potential to be only slightly worse than the flu. This is stupidity across the board ...from China to Italy to the U.S. Absolutely nuts

You would absolutely think it was The Walking Dead out here. Can't imagine what might happen if something truly serious really hit
Death rate is 35 times higher than the flu.

Is it crazy to think after the NBA issue tonight that the NCAA might simply just have a committee choose a final four and determine a champion that way.

You want to avoid a Rudy Gobert situation where teams advancing may simply have to forfeit due to something from the prior game.

I love the posters who smirk at older people who are said to be "vulnerable" because of age and possible underlying health conditions. This 70-something fan is missing her first conference tourney in 35 years because ... it seemed like a good idea to avoid planes, airports and a crowded arena.
No one ever accused you of not being smart.

Just get the god damn testing kits to all clinics/urgent cares and this thing would be contained.

I swear to god it’s not hard. If you experience a fever, flu like symptoms stay home.
Just now I went to Whole Foods and literally everyone is crazy worried about everyone else.
Wash your hands,

Can we get some god damn leadership from our elected officials.

This thing would be contained in 4 weeks.
The incubation period is 4 days. You are infectious in the 4 days. You don't know it. The only way to stop it, is to lock you in your home like in China, or have everyone volunteer that. Unlikely.

There you go letting facts and statistics get in the way of a good opinion. ;)
That's the current death rate(3.4%) Curent death rate of this years Flu is less than 0.1%. In countries that prepared for Sars, it can be as low as .5 to.9%. Most countries outside of that area may have much higher rates, up to 5%. Just 10k patients in italy has crippled the hospitals. They just pic who dies.

Last edited:
Fred Hoiberg May have ended the whole darn thing. Why the heck was he coaching that game ?

What an idiot.

But not surprising. You see all these healthy younger people here who make assessments purely on their own health and do not give a crap about the larger risk of their decisions.

Don't know who was dumber . Hoiberg coaching this game, or Rudy Gobert mocking the virus by touching all the microphones in an interview today or yesterday, when he already had the virus (Gobert did not know he had it).

Anyone who has any awareness of our healthcare systems surge capacity wouldn’t think this is an overreaction.
It’s not so much stopping the spread. It’s about slowing it down so we aren’t overwhelmed.
giphy (4).gif

Interesting stats

Last edited:
Fred Hoiberg May have ended the whole darn thing. Why the heck was he coaching that game ?

Good news is that Fred Hoiberg only had the Flu.
He has been released from the hospital.

Bias is a noun. Biased is an adjective. ;)

Dude... I mean, sir... that is SO much worse. When something is 10 times worse than something else, that is a big deal!
I appreciate that 10x of something is a big deal but I was trying to put it in perspective. I was just trying to point out that people hearing that number panic thinking everybody is going to die and it just isn't so. Take reasonable precautions, follow reasonable guidelines and the percentages say you and your family will survive. No need to horde disinfectant, soap, food etc. Actually helping your neighbors increases your chances to stay healthy too!