NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans...

There is a pragmatic middle ground between a) a total quarantine where everyone is confined to their homes and b) doing nothing. That middle ground is canceling non-essential events where tens of thousands of people are in one building together.

based on the announcement they didn’t do this on their own. someone Had to go first.

Just get the god damn testing kits to all clinics/urgent cares and this thing would be contained.

I swear to god it’s not hard. If you experience a fever, flu like symptoms stay home.
Just now I went to Whole Foods and literally everyone is crazy worried about everyone else.
Wash your hands,

Can we get some god damn leadership from our elected officials.

This thing would be contained in 4 weeks.
I can't believe you think it's that simple. I'm worried about everyone else also. Who do you think people get it from? Somebody else. You don't know who might be a carrier.

I can't believe you think it's that simple. I'm worried about everyone else also. Who do you think people get it from? Somebody else. You don't know who might be a carrier.
You can’t get the disease unless you get the germs.

Being around someone who has it doesn’t automatically make you sick.

People who are feeling the symptoms of flu need to self quarantine then this thing could go away.
The problem is people don’t know if they are affected because the damn test kits aren’t be made available quickly and that is on the Government to do its job.

Just get the god damn testing kits to all clinics/urgent cares and this thing would be contained.

I swear to god it’s not hard. If you experience a fever, flu like symptoms stay home.
Just now I went to Whole Foods and literally everyone is crazy worried about everyone else.
Wash your hands,

Isnt the incubation time before symptoms appear fairly long? That’s what’s extra concerning.

You can’t get the disease unless you get the germs.

Being around someone who has it doesn’t automatically make you sick.

People who are feeling the symptoms of flu need to self quarantine then this thing could go away.
The problem is people don’t know if they are affected because the damn test kits aren’t be made available quickly and that is on the Government to do its job.
Not everyone is going to self quarantine. People in this country go to work sick a lot. Most of the time its a minor cold that they feel they can work through. Could be the same here.

Isnt the incubation time before symptoms appear fairly long? That’s what’s extra concerning.
5.1 days (from exposure to the appearance of symptoms) is the latest I have heard.

Wash your hands,

I do not believe testing for a specific virus is as easy or accurate as you think, most lab tests have about a 95 % confidence rate, testing for a specific virus is much harder than most standard lab tests.
Truly accurate tests would require examination under a scanning electron microscope, which is possible, but certainly not quick or easy.
A lot of information you are basing this on is meant to help prevent further panic, although there may be a screening test that is far less accurate.
This disease will not be effectively contained until a vaccine is produced and a large portion of the population can receive it. The good news is that will take less than a year to develop and distribute, which will be largely due to governmental efforts to accelerate the process.
I am in that part of the population more at risk, so I am not really happy about this, however I am not about to panic. I will be taking more care about precautions like excessively washing hands, no longer eating salads or fruit that have not been prepared with sanitary precautions, if traveling I will use an individual vehicle(mine or if rented wiped down surfaces using a sanitizing agent. You get the idea.

My folks cancelled a flight to Florida planned for later this month. Mom is 66 with some underlying lung problems made the decision easy.
My dad was supposed to go to Florida next week. He actually went to the hospital in an ambulance on Friday night with pericarditis, so he’s cancelled as well.

Nah.

Maybe they can pump in fan noise to make it seem like you’re watching a real game. The National title game with 47 people in the crowd will be dynamite.

Basic government 101 has failed this country.

South Korea has millions of tests already and has responded correctly.

Our government is failing. This isn’t an opinion it’s a fact.
To be fair we did issue a travel ban from China on Jan 31, which our President was criticized for doing
This thing is an overreaction unless your 70 or 80