NCState tears | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCState tears

I didn't see a foul, I was just happy they got the goal-tend. I honestly thought the refs were good in this game. Serious.
We make a living trying to score in the paint. NC State was settling for jumpshots all game. We attacked the rim, they didn't; that's the reason for the foul disparity.

Also Warren/Washington (4ppg coming in) were 18/33, Turner was 3/8 and everyone else was 1/15. Those 3 combined for 50, 9 other players combined for 5pts. If you're gonna win @ #1 you better have more than 3 players score.

I didn't see a foul, I was just happy they got the goal-tend. I honestly thought the refs were good in this game. Serious.

That's fine--Newsie may not even have committed a foul (though he sure appears to have tried). But between that, the two windfall events (including the failed alley oop near the end that gave them an easy conversion), the two turnovers in the last 15 seconds, and our short rotation, I'm not apologizing for anything.

all this talk about being ashamed of our win. We won. NIT State lost. Let's get started talking about rolling BC. Get well soon, Baye.

Last edited:
It was hillarious the nc state dude thought he could get away with that goaltend...

It was an easy call because his hand came up through the basket (said the announcer anyway). Thank God "middle" busted his ass up the floor to get the call. Like I said, I thought the game was well officiated.

But, I'm biased. :)

That's fine--Newsie may not even have committed a foul (though he sure appears to have tried). But between that, the two windfall events (including the failed alley oop near the end) that gave them an easy conversion), the two turnovers in the last 15 seconds, and our short rotation, I'm not apologizing for anything.

all this talk about being ashamed of our win. We won. NIT State lost. Let's get started talking about rolling BC. Get well soon, Baye.

Fundamental rule of basketball: when you force the referee to make a decision, you're stuck with the decision he makes. If you don't like cheap fouls, stop swiping at the ball. Seriously, it's not freaking hockey. I don't understand why coaches don't counsel players on this. It's really very simple.

The UNC board has a hilarious write up about our game. If you want a good laugh go check it out.

From the aforementioned UNC Board - Cuse/State thread:

RECEIVING BLAME: the refs, the ACC, Swofford, Cooney, various other assorted Syracuse players, Boeheim, the City of Greensboro, the rule book, UNC
NOT RECEIVING BLAME: NC State in any way, shape, or form

Cat Barber tears:

@catbarber1994: All y'all can get off my page with that down talk not one of y'all know how it feels to be in that spot in a game like that.
@catbarber1994: It's easy for y'all to talk because your watching but my bad play at the end wasn't the only bad play of the game
@catbarber1994: But yeah it's my fought I'll take the blame on the game...

Julius Hodge tears:

Follow24Hodge
Damn Cat swallow the ball man! 5 second call don't kill us! Tyler put Fair on his *** man! Like Cooney tried to so TJ!! Damn that's BS! #WPN

Follow24Hodge
Swallow the ******' ball!! Let them trap you hard! SO WHAT!!!! They are down so THEY HAVE TOO FOUL YOU! DONT PANIC! DAMNNNN!

Julius Hodge tears:

Follow24Hodge
Damn Cat swallow the ball man! 5 second call don't kill us! Tyler put Fair on his *** man! Like Cooney tried to so TJ!! Damn that's BS! #WPN

Follow24Hodge
Swallow the ******' ball!! Let them trap you hard! SO WHAT!!!! They are down so THEY HAVE TOO FOUL YOU! DONT PANIC! DAMNNNN!
Such a kind, compassionate human being.Oh Lord

"RaleighBound" explaining to us how Mike Gminski was in on the covert referee corruption. He also expands the alleged Gminski cover up to epic proportions.

"There are always multiple levels of cheating in a game like this. The best we can hope for is that when they are blatant enough to cross the line, the media talk about one aspect. And Giminski was also RIGHT there commenting on how it was a good no-call. Giminski is a filthy piece of corrupt garbage who would sell his own mother into the slavery for enough money."

Cat Barber tears:

@catbarber1994: All y'all can get off my page with that down talk not one of y'all know how it feels to be in that spot in a game like that.
@catbarber1994: It's easy for y'all to talk because your watching but my bad play at the end wasn't the only bad play of the game
@catbarber1994: But yeah it's my fought I'll take the blame on the game...

That is sad. These are probably grown men attacking this young athlete, and from behind a keyboard. Just unreal to me.

It was a game of 2 half's when it came to officiating. They didn't call anything for us in the first half (8-3 SU fouls to NC St.) and then they called plenty for us in the 2nd half. Gotta think JB got in their ear and the refs perhaps talked about the foul disparity in the first half. So one could argue they were inconsistent in both half's.

This guy just gave up on life..

cart755 wrote: Say what you will about that foul on Warren... All I know is that if he played on a blue blood team, that would be an and 1. Period. Regardless of the rules. I know what I think it was, but it would have been no question had he been on UNC, Duke, Cuse, etc.

This was the last heartbreak for me. I think I am done. Maybe I will feel different in time, but there is no longer any real fun in following State sports. Football is already dead to me. Basketball is right behind. Just too many let downs. Enjoy it folks. I wish them luck the rest of the season.

That sounded a lot like many SU football fans not too long ago. Minus he basketball part of course.

We make a living trying to score in the paint. NC State was settling for jumpshots all game. We attacked the rim, they didn't; that's the reason for the foul disparity.
True but in the first half, they got some offensive rebounds and got roughed-up under the basket. The refs called nothing in the first half but that changed in the second. We kept them off the boards a little better and they didn't attack the basket, as you say. Meanwhile, we did and the refs started blowing the whistle. Worked out for us.

It works out better for NCSU. They came together as a team in the face of an historic storm with travel difficulties , playing an undefeated number 1 team on their home court in front of 30 thousand plus fans and losing on the last possession of the game. If they had won , they would have that to point to as a success for their season. Now , they are going to be with deep scorn and indignation , I bet they win out.