Neil Nunn | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Neil Nunn

I know this is semantics, but I'm uncomfortable with this being called a "second chance." Being arrested is not an implication of guilt, and the charges were dropped. While we don't know the full details, in the eyes of the courts, the charge was either excessive or could not be proven (among other reasons). No one calls an offensive lineman getting arrested for drunken disorderly and having to do community service because of it "a second chance."

I know this is semantics, but I'm uncomfortable with this being called a "second chance." Being arrested is not an implication of guilt, and the charges were dropped. While we don't know the full details, in the eyes of the courts, the charge was either excessive or could not be proven (among other reasons). No one calls an offensive lineman getting arrested for drunken disorderly and having to do community service because of it "a second chance."
Yeah, you’re probably right that this isn’t a “second chance” from a legal perspective. So in that sense I was wrong to phrase it that way. However, I believe this young man knowingly put himself in a bad situation, one that could have dramatically re-routed his life, forfeited his scholarship, football opportunities, etc. so in that sense it’s a second chance to make better decisions. And I will stand by that.

I am not sure I understand that last part of your post.

Yeah, you’re probably right that this isn’t a “second chance” from a legal perspective. So in that sense I was wrong to phrase it that way. However, I believe this young man knowingly put himself in a bad situation, one that could have dramatically re-routed his life, forfeited his scholarship, football opportunities, etc. so in that sense it’s a second chance to make better decisions. And I will stand by that.

I don't know anything about the situation, Nunn, or what it's like to live in what I'm assuming is not a great part of Miami to say that he knowingly put himself in a bad situation. But that's been covered ad-nauseum in this thread.

And the last part of the post meaning that all arrests in the eyes of the law are the same. It was clunky at best.

This seems like the best everyone could have hoped for.
Agreed, except for possibly not being brought in on a bogus charge in the 1st place. But, that’s an assumption too on my part.

I’m just glad for him that it all seemed to work out.

Neither do many others I would be willing to guess. He received a second chance in the aspect of to stop hanging out with those that could jeopardize his future. Sorry but the Offensive Lineman that was mentioned would also be in hot water if he was drunk out in public making the football team look bad. I don’t know why “him getting a second chance” makes anyone feel uncomfortable.

I hope Cornelius can avoid these “so called friends” for the remainder of his career. I am also glad that it was dismissed and he is back with the team. I would hope Dino sits him down and explains how bad this situation could have been.

Love the young man’s closing speed. Hope he comes back hungry for success/redemption.

Sorry but the Offensive Lineman that was mentioned would also be in hot water if he was drunk out in public making the football team look bad. I don’t know why “him getting a second chance” makes anyone feel uncomfortable.
Clunky writing on my part. See above for explanation.

All I know is this had a chance to ruin his life for good and now it won’t. I hope he’s able to “run” with this opportunity and graduate with a degree. It’s his best chance for success and I’m glad he has this opportunity.

All I know is this had a chance to ruin his life for good and now it won’t. I hope he’s able to “run” with this opportunity and graduate with a degree. It’s his best chance for success and I’m glad he has this opportunity.
These young men need to be shown a film on Michael Vick, and how his homeboys got him in trouble.

Hopefully a wake up call for him and showed him how quick his life can change with a few bad decisions.

very glad to see charges dropped and to hear that he will be back in the Cuse!!!

A lot of us needed wake up calls at some point. Most of the crew I ran with at 15-16 ended up with felonies. At 17-18 when I cut ties there was a lot of blow back from them and PD couldn't have protected me from them. At 30 something with a quick Google search of names I could've ended up similar despite being a scared, lost kid at the time without an evil bone in my body. Life is funny and guilt by association is long lasting when it comes to issues with the local PD.

glad to hear that he will be back in cuse from what ive heard. I loved this kids abilities, offers, just about everything except for the occoasional trouble.
So if he can stay focused he could easily be our next star back there

He's baaaccckk! :)

IMG_0144.jpeg

There are a lot of posts in this thread that rub me the wrong way especially the ones assuming that it was guilt by association and allusions to him being Black. As someone Black, could y'all take the kid gloves off when looking at a situation? He put himself in a very bad situation that night. The gun could have very been his. If you're carrying one on you, you're more than likely doing something that you shouldn't be doing.

There are a lot of posts in this thread that rub me the wrong way especially the ones assuming that it was guilt by association and allusions to him being Black. As someone Black, could y'all take the kid gloves off when looking at a situation? He put himself in a very bad situation that night. The gun could have very been his. If you're carrying one on you, you're more than likely doing something that you shouldn't be doing.
Impossible. It had to be the police's fault.

So you're saying he's guilty? Cool.

If I had a million dollars then I’d be rich. Just because something could be his means Jack squat cause it wasn’t. The cop contradicted himself in his own report saying it was concealed from view but he was able to somehow see it from his vantage point outside the car. He did nothing wrong except except be targeted and I’m glad the charges were dropped and he can move on

Despite what shows up on Facebook feeds this type of stuff happens to folks of all pigmentation.

We still don't know who the driver was or the owner of the gun or car also nor their completions. Cops overshot and/or miss aimed their charges badly and they missed.

Good for Neil, hopefully it's a wake up call. Glad he's back in CNY since FL wasn't doing anything good for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom