Nelson and Clarke arrested | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nelson and Clarke arrested

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif.cf.gif
Punks. Kick them off the team now. Dino better not turn Syracuse into another Baylor.

Dino will handle this right...
Hopefully they'll let due process take its course. The kids punished accordingly and allowed to remain on the team. Kids are charged all the time at other schools and don't get booted. Very dissappoining however.

For some reason I do not remember buglery as accepted "kid stuff" by my parents or community. This was major theft and not stupidly pocketing a candy bar at the corner store. We need to see if they are found guilty and if so the university should spend our scholarship money elsewhere. Dino will handle it properly but it is not the fun part of coaching! Very sad!

For some reason I do not remember buglery as accepted "kid stuff" by my parents or community. This was major theft and not stupidly pocketing a candy bar at the corner store. We need to see if they are found guilty and if so the university should spend our scholarship money elsewhere. Dino will handle it properly but it is not the fun part of coaching! Very sad!

I certainly am not writing this off as "kids stuff". Absolutely, it's not.

Why are so many of these D1 college athletes committing major theft? This is hardly unusual. Something has to change.

Why is everyone so quick to kick them out. Let the judicial process play out. If neither kid has a prior record these aren't jail charges they are probation/suspended sentence charges.
If they are suspended and have to give restitution or can get diversion I wouldn't kick them out now.
People saying bye better live perfect lives these charges aren't ones where a kid can't get a 2nd chance.
If they plead out and are punished they shouldn't be automatically gone.

Sigh. Oh Lord

I can't imagine jeopardizing a free ride by doing stupid ish like that. :bang:
Oh well, next man up.

Agree, bc when you are 18 or 19 you haven't had a chance to meet miss sallie mae. These guys have the world by the balls and just dont realize it. They are given piles of gear, food, room, fame...just don't get it. Probably to sell the merchandise and put some extra bucks in their pocket. We needed these guys. Meanwhile, all or our 5'8" safeties continue to be perfect citizens;)

Looks like we are now down to 58 players for the spring. In my opinion Babers needs to send a very strong message to the rest of the players that this type of conduct will not be tolerated under his watch. There is no way the Chancellor and AD will allow athletes to remain on a full scholarship after they rob another member of the SU student body.

There are days I swear this program is cursed. Of course the top recruit in the 2016 class had to get arrested not a third string DE or a walk on.

I'll just say this...if you're one of the people calling these kids "dumb" and also at the same time being on the "don't pay the players, they get a free education!" train, well...

A lot of these D-1 athletes have nothing and come from nothing, financially speaking. Usually when things of value that have equal or even more resale value(just check what those ugly Yeezy boots go for on the resale market on eBay) are stolen, it's because they're trying to make some money because they have none and they aren't exactly normal students that can just "get a job". I mean we know that. Our hoop players couldn't even get paid for refereeing kids basketball! Back in the day Marcus Williams at UConn didn't steal those laptops because he's a gamer or something.

Because there's always a few that don't read or think and assume the obvious needs to be stated in every post...I'm not any way defending them for stealing! I assume that goes without saying, but you never know. I'm just making a larger point about how this entire system doesn't make a lot of sense. Think about how often we hear about things like this in college sports. It's happened multiple times at Cuse just in the last five years or so! People are out there making money hand over fist off college sports, but the players whose JOB is to play football (be real, that's why they're at the school) can't get any pocket money?

Oh give me a break. These kids have plenty. I played d2 baseball in Florida and was given R&B , meals, gear, and a free education. You can build in pocket cash into these scholies. I am 40 and still paying mrs. Mae. So RS frosh who havent done a thing yet deserve cash thrown at them? Why arent the other 58 guys steeling if conditions are that bad?

Any chance you're the kid from Twitter tweeting good riddance to Fab?! #smdh

He would never. And the fact they were investigated starting in December and arrests are now just happening, sounds like due diligence and a solid case.

Oh give me a break. These kids have plenty. I played d2 baseball in Florida and was given R&B , meals, gear, and a free education. You can build in pocket cash into these scholies. I am 40 and still paying mrs. Mae. So RS frosh who havent done a thing yet deserve cash thrown at them? Why arent the other 58 guys steeling if conditions are that bad?

"These kids have plenty"...smh. Ridiculous. Because they're not starving to death and have some Syracuse sweats they "have plenty"? Sure. Some of them do, and some of them most certainly do not have plenty.

"Deserve cash thrown at them"...These kids have a full time job...to become the best football player they can be. That's why the school brought them in. They should certainly have enough pocket money to be comfortable, given the amount of cash coming in from the sport they play.

"These kids have plenty"...smh. Ridiculous. Because they're not starving to death and have some Syracuse sweats they "have plenty"? Sure. Some of them do, and some of them most certainly do not have plenty.

"Deserve cash thrown at them"...These kids have a full time job...to become the best football player they can be. That's why the school brought them in. They should certainly have enough pocket money to be comfortable, given the amount of cash coming in from the sport they play.

Yup, and no, they don't have full time jobs playing for the University. In the off-season they train 1-2 hrs a day. During camp and the season they have 2-3 hr football days. Game days and weekends its a few days with travel and gameday prep. Staying at top end hotels, great food, etc. And btw, its way more tvan sweats. They get enough gear to dress them all week. Wow, its comical that you are using their horrible living conditions as a motive.

There are plenty of college students who aren't athletes who don't work and are broke as hell. Some of them I'm sure resort to theft but most don't. Matter of fact most D1 athletes don't.

They deserve their day in court, and they deserve to be treated fairly as per what the coaching staff feels is right.

Plus, your assumption that they stole what they stole because they wanted to sell it isn't gospel - they could have stolen those things to use them.

Last edited:
Agree, bc when you are 18 or 19 you haven't had a chance to meet miss sallie mae. These guys have the world by the balls and just dont realize it. They are given piles of gear, food, room, fame...just don't get it. Probably to sell the merchandise and put some extra bucks in their pocket. We needed these guys. Meanwhile, all or our 5'8" safeties continue to be perfect citizens;)

Gear...lol
Food...a basic human need, not something special.
Room...again, lol. We give prisoners food and rooms too. So what?
Fame? Really? These two kids are famous? To who? And for the small percent that do have "fame"...is that fame putting any dollars in their pockets and if not...why? Does it really matter then?

The world by the balls...Good God. They have a great opportunity, sure. They get to go to school for free(which means much more to some than it does to others for various reasons) to play a sport they presumably love at a high level of competition, and I'm sure many have a lot of great experiences that many of us would've loved to have. They also have a ton of obstacles that don't need to be there, and at the end of it the great majority of them have to go try to make a living the same way we all do. Great opportunity...sure. World by the balls though?

Do you think all these kids that screw it up are just destined to be idiots and bad people and couldn't do better with a little more help? I try not to assume the worst in people. I think more of these kids/young men could and would do better if those running this whole huge business college football thing cared about them, were less greedy, and did things just a little bit differently.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll let due process take its course. The kids punished accordingly and allowed to remain on the team. Kids are charged all the time at other schools and don't get booted. Very dissappoining however.
^^^ Completely agree with this. Let's get through the process, see what types of punishments are applied and go from there. Lots of things I am betting go into the courts decisions and HCDB's when deciding in these situations. Let's not say these young men are done or out just yet.

There are plenty of college students who aren't athletes who don't work and are broke as . Some of them I'm sure resort to theft but most don't. Matter of fact most D1 athletes don't.

They deserve their day in court, and they deserve to be treated fairly as per what the coaching staff feels is right.

Plus, your assumption that they stole what they stole because they wanted to sell it isn't gospel - they could have stolen those things to use them.

Yeah and I'd be very interested to see some statistics on those non athlete college students vs. D1 football players. Namely, the schools they attended and quality of education they received, the poverty rates of where they came from, their parents yearly income, etc. Everyone's situation is different...but things like statistics and averages, etc. can often paint a pretty good overall picture.

Stealing to sell isn't gospel, sure. But it's often the case in these situations. Either way...it's WRONG. Absolutely. It's also a situation that could be made far less common. Or we can keep ranting about why these kids who "have the world by the balls" are so "stupid", and casually dismissing them with an "adios" because they are less likely to help our favorite football team win now. Obviously it's not our decision to make, but it really blows my mind why people don't want these players to make any of the money being made off this sport.

Gear...lol
Food...a basic human need, not something special.
Room...again, lol. We give prisoners food and rooms too. So what?
Fame? Really? These two kids are famous? To who? And for the small percent that do have "fame"...is that fame putting any dollars in their pockets and if not...why? Does it really matter then?

The world by the balls...Good God. They have a great opportunity, sure. They also have a ton of obstacles that don't need to be there.

Do you think all these kids that screw it up are just destined to be idiots and bad people and couldn't do better with a little more help? I try not to assume the worst in people. I think more of these kids/young men could and would do better if those running this whole huge business college football thing cared about them, were less greedy, and did things just a little bit differently.

So once you have a scholarship worth 200k+, yes, free meals and tons of gear and an opportunity to use the University as exposure to potentially get you drafted. Yes, it's a good deal. How about the kids that are taking out loans and still just get by? The band? The volleyball team? They dont have the opportunity fb or hoops players do.

So once you have a scholarship worth 200k+, yes, free meals and tons of gear and an opportunity to use the University as exposure to potentially get you drafted. Yes, it's a good deal. How about the kids that are taking out loans and still just get by? The band? The volleyball team? They dont have the opportunity fb or hoops players do.

Well, to put it bluntly, most people don't care about band or volleyball, so the same money isn't made off of it. The money is THERE for football.

Do you know what % of college football players make the NFL and stick there? Yeah the opportunity is there, but the chances of it actually happening are really small.

Yup, and no, they don't have full time jobs playing for the University. In the off-season they train 1-2 hrs a day. During camp and the season they have 2-3 hr football days. Game days and weekends its a few days with travel and gameday prep. Staying at top end hotels, great food, etc. And btw, its way more tvan sweats. They get enough gear to dress them all week. Wow, its comical that you are using their horrible living conditions as a motive.

1-2 hours a day? You got anything to back that up? Jeez, I do that and I'm a declining weekend Warrior and lunch hour hoop run guy. Pretty sure D-1 football players train and workout far more than I do. And all the hours going to class and completing the work is built into that "full time job" too.

I think it's comical that you're using the baseball players on your D-2 team as a basis of comparision to where many of these kids come from and what they have. No money... but rooms, meals, and sweats...life by the balls, baby!

I'll just say this...if you're one of the people calling these kids "dumb" and also at the same time being on the "don't pay the players, they get a free education!" train, well...

A lot of these D-1 athletes have nothing and come from nothing, financially speaking. Usually when things of value that have equal or even more resale value(just check what those ugly Yeezy boots go for on the resale market on eBay) are stolen, it's because they're trying to make some money because they have none and they aren't exactly normal students that can just "get a job". I mean we know that. Our hoop players couldn't even get paid for refereeing kids basketball! Back in the day Marcus Williams at UConn didn't steal those laptops because he's a gamer or something.

Because there's always a few that don't read or think and assume the obvious needs to be stated in every post...I'm not any way defending them for stealing! I assume that goes without saying, but you never know. I'm just making a larger point about how this entire system doesn't make a lot of sense. Think about how often we hear about things like this in college sports. It's happened multiple times at Cuse just in the last five years or so! People are out there making money hand over fist off college sports, but the players whose JOB is to play football (be real, that's why they're at the school) can't get any pocket money?

The system and them stealing have nothing to do with each other. As you said, a lot of D-1 athletes have nothing, but a lot don't steal. Sorry, I have no tolerance for people that steal other people's things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom