New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

Important to note that part of what Coyle did to address the NCAA issues at Boise was increase funding to Compliance, which Gross/Cantor failed to do, as it seemed like there was always someone new each year to deal with when doing requests. It seemed like a revolving door in that position.

Also, it's good to note that he oversaw facilities upgrades for Olympic sports and academic support at Boise. They really have been a balanced program. I don't really get worked up about GPA stats other that combined with the athletic success, it suggests that he pushes coaches to recruit students as well as athletes.

"It tells a ton about a person with which twin trees they eat at. There are only two acceptable twin trees locations. Twin Trees original and twin trees two."

Unless you live just a few mins from one

Like me. The one on Route 11 is just fine.

This is one of those rare situations where this board is nearly in unanimous agreement. Great hire! Go Cuse!!

That's what I was just thinking. Very rare for a major decision like this to have near unanimous agreement.

This is the ultimate BOOM!
I have admit that I was worried about this hire with the names that were out there. None of them was really what we needed, which is why I would have opted for a young guy rather than a retread or a guy from a lesser program. I think if we had known Coyle was a candidate we would have picked up the pitch forks and torches and headed for The Hill to demand he be the one.

Exactly. I wouldn't have wanted White if I'd known this guy was under consideration. Search committee did a great job.

once in a while it feels good to be wrong---which it appears i was---in the ad selection. i am not sure how good he will be, but he has very good experience--so i must assume at this point this is very good hire, better than i expected. anxious to see how he starts out, and what he has to say.

Blasphemy! Having grown up on the west side, I'm somewhat appalled that twin trees even exists outside of Solvay.

Back to the topic at hand...great hire here. Fundraising seems to be his strength. I would think people in charge of athletic gifts should be a wee but nervous. I have a feeling that this guy is going see a bunch of former players in charge and nearly stroke out.
Are you saying that Palumb should focus more on his reffing career from now on?!

Is this the guy who took Boise from obscurity and turned them into a fb power?

Known for his success in fundraising, Coyle enhanced revenue to the department with the successful implementation of the Priority Point System for the Bronco Athletic Association. All told, the Bronco Athletic Association has raised more than $40 million since his arrival, including multiple seven-figure gifts and a $12.5 million naming gift from Albertsons to name the football stadium Albertsons Stadium.

Furthermore, Coyle renegotiated the multi-media marketing rights agreement with Learfield Communications valued at more than $42 million in guaranteed revenue for the department.

As a result of the record fundraising, the department has completed several high profile capital improvements, including a new state-of-the-art football complex, a new video board at Albertsons Stadium, renovation to the men's and women's basketball practice courts, a new outdoor football practice field, a new softball stadium, a new outdoor track and field facility and several locker room renovations for multiple Olympic Sports. Additionally, the academic center was renovated to better meet the needs and demands of the student-athletes.

Coyle currently serves on the governing board of the Collegiate Sports Summit, is the athletic director representative on the Mountain West Executive Committee and serves as the Mountain West football liaison between the conference office and the head football coaches.

Prior to arriving in Boise, Coyle served as Deputy Director of Athletics at the University of Kentucky. During his tenure, he oversaw the day-to-day operations of an $83 million self-sufficient, 22-sport department. In addition, under his leadership, Kentucky athletics reached record fundraising levels, securing more than $140 million in annual donations and capital pledges that resulted in the construction of multiple facilities impacting all 22 sports. He also supervised the men's basketball program, which advanced to the 2011 NCAA Final Four.

Coyle joined the University of Kentucky from the University of Minnesota, where he served in a number of capacities, most recently as Associate Athletics Director for External Relations. Under his guidance, the marketing staff was recognized as the top marketing staff in the Big Ten Conference and he successfully negotiated a multi-media marketing rights agreement with Learfield Communications.

Prior to joining Minnesota, Coyle served as Vice President of the Collegiate Sports Division at Host Communications, Inc. He gained valuable experience in negotiating and managing multi-media marketing rights agreements with several Division I universities and conferences, including the University of Notre Dame, the University of Michigan, the University of Texas, the University of Kentucky, the University of Tennessee and the Southeastern Conference.

Is this the guy who took Boise from obscurity and turned them into a fb power?
No, but he didn't mess it up after he took over. Made a good football hire, among others, and handled the business end well.

Let's not forget the media rights negotiations experience. Will be big going forward with ACC and ESPN. Just ask arbitragegls
Coyle has a terrific reputation and should fit in quite well...all I will say on the other point is "keep the noise out...it is getting closer...still by football in '16 is my timing...it will not be just a channel...lets just keep going and bring Tyrus in too.

It's Good to be 'Cuse!...the Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom