New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

probably will retire...good chance anyways
I hope Sala stays for life. Or at least until the renovations of the dome or new stadium are completed and in order, he has to show the next guy how it's done.

It will be interesting to see if the final candidate's names eventually come out. It might shed some light on whether .com had any sources other than this board for their AD article.

SUFaninNJ said:
Are you saying that Palumb should focus more on his reffing career from now on?!

No, Matt does a great job.

No, Matt does a great job.
Agreed...no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. The Orange Club staff are doing a great job.

Let the new AD do his job. There obviously will be some new changes but the AD dept doesn't need to be ripped apart.

TexanMark said:
Is the one on Rt 11 no good?

That ones good too. We usually go to the Liverpool one because it's 5 mins from the house. But I've been to all of them and the food is good at each.

Agreed...no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. The Orange Club staff are doing a great job.

Let the new AD do his job. There obviously will be some new changes but the AD dept doesn't need to be ripped apart.

His success as a fundraiser was one of the things that really excited me. You guys would know better than me about the Orange Club staff. My only dealings is to make my online donation each year. But even if the staff isn't necessarily a problem, I sure hope there is some innovative thinking regarding the approach to fundraising.

once in a while it feels good to be wrong---which it appears i was---in the ad selection. i am not sure how good he will be, but he has very good experience--so i must assume at this point this is very good hire, better than i expected. anxious to see how he starts out, and what he has to say.
Ya you were right about SU the major power 5 school with a massive athletic history being a tough sell you were a genious.

Crusty said:
Kudos to the search committee for keeping their mouths shut. No leaks - good job!

Yea, we all had our guesses or favorites and nobody ever mentioned his name.

Blasphemy! Having grown up on the west side, I'm somewhat appalled that twin trees even exists outside of Solvay.

Back to the topic at hand...great hire here. Fundraising seems to be his strength. I would think people in charge of athletic gifts should be a wee but nervous. I have a feeling that this guy is going see a bunch of former players in charge and nearly stroke out.
the North Syracuse Twin Trees has been open for at least 45 years, they used to be located down the street in the plaza where Irish's was. I remember as a kid we had their pizza almost every Friday and that was in the early 70's. Personally I like the original Twin Trees the best, I wish they'd open a place on the North Side.

Ya you were right about SU the major power 5 school with a massive athletic history being a tough sell you were a genious.
i accept your chastisement of my error --well deserved---but you may want to consult webster on spelling genious. if you are going to CORRECTLY categorize me ---which i deserved, due me the KOUERTISEY:) of getting it right. sorry i had to salvage something here, small as it is;)

the North Syracuse Twin Trees has been open for at least 45 years, they used to be located down the street in the plaza where Irish's was. I remember as a kid we had their pizza almost every Friday and that was in the early 70's. Personally I like the original Twin Trees the best, I wish they'd open a place on the North Side.

Once upon a time it was the Coconut Shell.

I'm an original guy.
to me only one --the original--food is better, pizza is better ---twin trees two is ok but,FOR ME,tw2 does not have the intimate atmosphere and ambiance that the local neighborhood original has. just stuck in my ways i guess---tw2 is probably a good place for a crowd and to socialize and run into folks you have not seen for awhile.

to me only one --the original--food is better, pizza is better ---twin trees two is ok but,FOR ME,tw2 does not have the intimate atmosphere and ambiance that the local neighborhood original has. just stuck in my ways i guess---tw2 is probably a good place for a crowd and to socialize and run into folks you have not seen for awhile.
Tino's on North Salina was the best, Twin Trees a close second. Unfortunately Tino's closed in 1977, the year I moved away. Arturo's was good too.

Used to be "Three Trees", until some kid with a DeLorean ran over one of them.

image.jpg
???????

Tino's on North Salina was the best, Twin Trees a close second. Unfortunately Tino's closed in 1977, the year I moved away. Arturo's was good too.

When I was young kid till a teenager I use to hang out Art's house all the time and the funny thing was he never ate pizza at home. I grew up with the kid's and went to school with them as i lived a few houses away .

Not to interrupt this Twin Trees discussion whatever that is. But I thought it might be interesting to look at the Boise State donation chart to see if there are any differences in donation amounts or benefits that are different from our current structure. It might be interesting to see if Coyle incorporates any changes or we can suggest he incorporate any changes to try to increase some of the fundraising.

http://baa-media-assets.s3-us-west-...uploads/2010/08/Page-5-MemberBenfitsChart.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom