New Dome Locker Room | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

Considering this was pointed at me. Why do you think they pulled the check. It's because funding they thought they Didn't come through . This isn't a guess.
Nope....time pressure to do it and only lose the lax season.

It took tropicana field 18 months to redo their roof in weather much better than ours.

Plus they had more room around that stadium than us. We need to set the cranes inside the stadium to reach the middle parts and that means once the roof comes down it stays down.

I think the dome's footprint is 580 x 560 right now and it will be much wider and longer in the end. You also have to have access for emergency and the side y ESF will be compromised. I saw these dimensions before, but the University says 570 x 497 which is still very big on their athletics site but since they can't get the Jerseys right for awards....well you know the story

Also still talking about an attached hotel....I should have more info soon on which direction they are " LEANING ".

Had not seen this article before.

Carrier Dome questions: Vancouver offers clues to issues Syracuse University faces

Last edited:
You really think 13000 students are ALL paying $60,000.00 annually?! Wow, you're pretty bad at this...
nope. I certainly didn't, but not everyone has significant financial aid. Cut that number in half and the number is still pretty huge. Nice try though.

nope. I certainly didn't, but not everyone has significant financial aid. Cut that number in half and the number is still pretty huge. Nice try though.
2014 -
Revenue: $820M
Expenses: $833M
Try using math...
Screenshot_20170826-150701.png

To tell you bad of a secret it was, I didn't know it was one and thought it had already posted on the board.

My source? Sirius XM radio channel 84 who mentioned this about 2-3 months ago.

The host (Taylor Zarzar?) mentioned that he was busting Dino's chops about how his video was great but the optics of the locker room were horrible. Dino told him "that's getting fixed before the season starts". And the host was taking credit for "making it happen".

I figured it was common knowledge.
It may have been put out there and just got lost in the shuffle.

The old locker room was a jalopy. The new locker room is a nice new camry. The problem is the parking lot is full of Beamers, Benzs and Bentleys.

I hope when the Dome reno finally comes through, we get a locker room that is ahead of the curve. This will do, for the time being.

How many gameday ACC locker rooms have you gone in? Frankly the stadiums in the conference are pretty generic, the action happens in the practice facilities.

I think this is more removing a recruiting liability than adding an asset.

Our recruiting equity is still going up, but less than I would otherwise like.

Hopefully Dino can built off this momentum to create a virtuous cycle and we can revisit the locker rooms w/ deeper pockets, and create a real recruiting asset.

Considering this was pointed at me. Why do you think they pulled the check. It's because funding they thought they had Didn't come through . This isn't a guess.
Can you clarify this a little? All I know is that $200M was originally earmarked for a new arena in an economically depressed location. SU was never on board with that idea so are you implying that Cuomo still was willing to commit that same level of funding or was it a lesser amount? Also, why does the COR scandal matter at this point since that company would (presumably) not be part of any future discussions?

Here's hoping we receive good news with a new city hall administration.

To tell you bad of a secret it was, I didn't know it was one and thought it had already posted on the board.

My source? Sirius XM radio channel 84 who mentioned this about 2-3 months ago.

The host (Taylor Zarzar?) mentioned that he was busting Dino's chops about how his video was great but the optics of the locker room were horrible. Dino told him "that's getting fixed before the season starts". And the host was taking credit for "making it happen".

I figured it was common knowledge.

I heard it too. I listen to that channel religiously and that timeframe sounds right. It was one of those guys...Zarzour, Childers, or maybe even Horowitz.

Can you clarify this a little? All I know is that $200M was originally earmarked for a new arena in an economically depressed location. SU was never on board with that idea so are you implying that Cuomo still was willing to commit that same level of funding or was it a lesser amount? Also, why does the COR scandal matter at this point since that company would (presumably) not be part of any future discussions?

Here's hoping we receive good news with a new city hall administration.
That I can't I wasn't told the number just the story behind the pull back of funds

That I can't I wasn't told the number just the story behind the pull back of funds

Said this in another thread that went stupid. Anyway, this is not a political statement. I was told directly that SU needs NYS money to move forward. Cuomo won't consider anything until after the mayoral election. It's a classic catch 22 right now. SU is open to all options including building new but that all depends upon final funding. Expect no announcements with new information until 2018.

Sorry to switch directions and go back to something mentioned earlier.

Does anyone have any clue who to contact or who has an inside track to find out if I could get my hands on an old locker? Just like it was mentioned, I would love to stick one in the cave.

Said this in another thread that went stupid. Anyway, this is not a political statement. I was told directly that SU needs NYS money to move forward. Cuomo won't consider anything until after the mayoral election. It's a classic catch 22 right now. SU is open to all options including building new but that all depends upon final funding. Expect no announcements with new information until 2018.

the new is still an option, but haven't heard about the Cuomo/Minor feud being a major part of the hold up,that is news to me to be honest.

Today I may have new info...hopefully.

I can tell you without breaking confidentiality that the AD is very vested in keeping Dino and restoring the football program. There is definitely movement in the right direction. It's going to take time to overcome some of the decisions and actions taken by Gross during his tenure.

True

MBB
FB
WBB
MLax
WLax

All use that lockerrom

So it seems fair to say that the basic purpose of this space isn't really about creating a football-specific space; it's a shared space for several Syracuse sports teams.
It's not ever going to be comparable to other college football teams' locker rooms.

Considering the basketball team spends more days at the Dome than the football team, I'm a little surprised that they didn't have more input on this situation (or at least it wasn't reported).

As mentioned above, if the players are happy, that's all that really matters.

If you've paid attention to the thread regarding campus renovation (primarily the dome), you know there are things that need to happen politically outside of the university before the dome reno takes place.

This bandaid takes the locker room from laughable to adequate without wasting too much time or money. It may not wow recruits, but at least we won't have to be embarrassed showing it to them. It goes from being a negative that the coaches have to explain away to a neutral that allows recruits to focus on the better, and ultimately more important, things we have to offer, our system and our coaches.

I would think a more substantial upgrade will take place with the larger dome reno. In the mean time, this closes the gap a bit.

Hopefully, Dino lets the cameras in after our next big upset so the world can see we don't have a 25 year old high school locker room anymore.

Very solid post. The viral Dino video after beating VT last year was certainly embarrassing from a facility/locker room standpoint. What really strikes me, is just how disconnected the powers that be had been as it took a viral video to make them take notice. Really? If it was snake it would've bit you for Pete's sake it was so damn obvious! Not only a lack of vision, but it really speaks volumes in regards to how very little the school valued or truly cared at all about football.

This is a step in the right direction for sure, hopefully, as you allude to, it's only a stop gap for larger/better things to come. Time will certainly tell, and we'll see what happens. I hope the empowered SU brass is finally fully committed and make it happen...the proof will be in the pudding.

77B15700-C629-4848-9248-C16E0AB767B5-230-00000007B28965A2.jpeg
97FDF1E2-B32B-49C4-BDDF-FFFE780259CB-230-000000149B2AF665.jpeg
That's a great article comparing the project to that awesome Vancouver stadium rebuild. Thanks to whomever made that post.

I hope a decision and plan is expedited ASAP. The Dome is only 4-5 years younger than the Kingdome and Pontiac Silverdome!! We saw how decrepit and dated those became in their twilight. It's just bad for everybody to keep using that venue in the same fashion, IMO. The Dome isn't some fieldhouse/retro/nostalgic venue such as Cameron/Phog/Hinkle that transcends time. It's a concrete box losing its mojo and lore every passing minute much like how it was for our two old friends in Pontiac and Seattle. I can only imagine the reaction of our players going into Yum, John Paul Jones, PEC, Lane Stadium, etc. I don't care what they have to do or that it will change the skyline of the city/campus forever by removing that roof. I'm sure plenty of posters feel the Dome is fine and still embrace it like it is the early 80s how it hit the scene with a bang as a revolutionary new venue for college. Northwestern isn't probably a fair comparison but they are doing some incredible stuff on campus. $260M athletic complex to open in 2018, Welsh-Ryan Arena is getting a $110M renovation. They just finished a couple of years ago the new Bienen School of Music/Communication...$117M. I just was in it last winter. Incredible. Other monster projects were recently completed as well.

Incidentally, I drove past what's left of the Silverdome last week when I was in that area. Eerie. The Palace as well. SO far out from the city. Silverdome especially. We're talking an hour easy. I'll leave a few parting images of what we don't want the Dome to become before they decide on a plan. I'm also including a pic of the Silverdome now. Cheers.

Attachments

• 6734078B-ECC9-475B-B639-1A2A1C31F710-230-00000014D1E47F99.jpeg
    6734078B-ECC9-475B-B639-1A2A1C31F710-230-00000014D1E47F99.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online